Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User)?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 379

mikitty_ki
Astral Realm

Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai

Post by mikitty_ki »

I have seen few series of it and It is a interesting light novel.
I am sorry about there is no any story summary and information because i can't find any english source of information for it...><
Hope someone can translate it!!!^^

The illustrator is Miho Takeoka (same as Bungaku Shoujo).Her illustrations are great!I love her water-paint styles!!
Pictures:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

some link:(japanese)
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/tasogare/
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%BB%84% ... F%E3%81%84

---------------------------------------
Kira:

Author: Sazane Kei
Artist: Miho Takeoka

Summary from crazy-cake:
She always thinks that she don't need others, so she led a solitary life, and she is happy with it. And that is why she decided to learn the Chanting Skills (Meieishiki), the skills on how to materializes his/her own "heart" and summons it.

She believes if she learn the skill, she would become closer with him..., and to tell him something she wanted to say for long.

Keinez(red) - Ruguz(blue) - Surisuz(yellow) - Beorc(green) - Arzus(white) as the basic colours, and through a catalyst on same colour with the one she wan't to summon, she have to glorify and then sings its name; are the Chanting Skills' basic way to summon own "heart". At a vocational school where these things are being teached Kluele studies them, and a tranfer student Neight, whose specialty is an unorthodox Night Colour chanting skills, attracts her interest. Although Xins, a well known Rainbow User, is also searching a Night Colour user...
Review from CE Translations

The author is the same one doing Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, BTW.
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Re: Tazogareiro no UtaTsukai 黄昏色の詠使い

Post by Zalthers »

Summary, yea, I can make a short summary. Unfortunately I forgot about the names of the characters. I read the novels some time ago. (Only read vol 1 and 2)
Spoiler! :
A boy walked into a classroom after school, he sees a sophomore (?) girl singing by herself. After a short conversation, the two of them acknowledge each other's goals in life. The boy wishes to be the youngest grandmaster of all the magical elements by the age of 18. The girl wishes to create a completely new branch magic, which is Night magic. (Standard elements are like Fire, Wind, Water, etc etc, therefore Night magic does not exist)

A dozen years afterwards (? not sure how long it was passed), young boy of 12 (unsure) enters the same school that his mother once studied. He carries a odd familiar, a small black lizard of some sort, which is jet black and without solid body. The familiar has intelligence which would automatically mean the creature is of at least of a higher rank. After an eventful encounter of another girl, the tale starts of as the main protagonist as the female who meets this odd boy with the black lizard like familiar.
More detailed information in the second spoilers (spoils the story, literally)
Spoiler! :
The girl in the past, which is in the prologue, has successfully created Night magic from scratch. The boy is son of her, and his goal is to master Night magic.
The boy in the past has successfully mastered all magics in existance (excluding Night magic, obviously) and is crowned the Rainbow Archmage title.

The girl protagonist in this story, however, came from no special background. (?) At least she is not related to the grand master of rainbow magic nor the girl who has made Night magic.
PS: It was a nice story, except it really really made me sleepy.... :? Although this novel agrees with me far more than Bungaku Shoujo does.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User)

Post by Mystes »

NECRO!!!!!!

OK, well, I read many good reviews about that, so I added a bit more info.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
j112
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by j112 »

sounds like a dark version of ZnT
darknovella
Astral Realm

Post by darknovella »

^A dark version of ZnT sounds exciting.
caitnap
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caitnap »

oh O.o
i didn't see this thread before and made another one >.<
moving.........

my information is more complete tho.I even found the raw a whole 10 volumes download version.
btw check the youtube,the song really set the mood XD.
caitnap wrote:I originally found this when I went to youtube

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwtWiH5Mxpw&list=FLVFua53PiSkSxIvPKq-Rzzw&index=20&feature=plpp_video
here is the video, this contain some images in the novel, it looks really interesting. I looks everywhere,but can't find any english translation.

=====================
Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User) is a light novel series by Sazane Kei, illustrated by Miho Takeoka.

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

language: Japanese

Synopsis: She always thinks that she don't need others, so she led a solitary life, and she is happy with it. And that is why she decided to learn the Chanting Skills (Meieishiki), the skills on how to materializes his/her own "heart" and summons it.

She believes if she learn the skill, she would become closer with him..., and to tell him something she wanted to say for long.

Keinez(red) - Ruguz(blue) - Surisuz(yellow) - Beorc(green) - Arzus(white) as the basic colours, and through a catalyst on same colour with the one she wan't to summon, she have to glorify and then sings its name; are the Chanting Skills' basic way to summon own "heart". At a vocational school where these things are being teached Kluele studies them, and a tranfer student Neight, whose specialty is an unorthodox Night Colour chanting skills, attracts her interest. Although Xins, a well known Rainbow User, is also searching a Night Colour user...
====================

this is the raw, the site also has some other raw btw

Code: Select all

(snip)
I try searching in animelist and mangaupdates,but can't find it there either, but at least I found the raw.
so...well I guess it's not really well known and so slim chance of being licensed
Last edited by Doraneko on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted the extra thread as per request. Please do not post links to raws btw. Thanks :).
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

I have translated the prologue of volume 1 of this from the Chinese translated version (mixed with some parts from the japanese raws where the chinese version confused me). My first language is chinese, but I'm not very proficient at it anymore. So i referenced the japanese version for some parts, and I pieced together a fairly decent translation (or so I hope xD). I hope you don't mind that it's from a mix of two languages...

Now I'm not sure how to post it on the baka-tsuki website. Is there a guide to making a teaser page somewhere? and also, do I need an approval from admin to do that?

Because school keeps me busy most of the time, my translation speed is pretty slow. However, I'd like to at least try and finish translating volume one of this series...
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Hi Mystrael, I created a page for the novel here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Uta_Tsukai . This novel sounds really interesting so I look forward to reading it. To make if a full project you need the approval of an admin. You can just click on the red link for the Prologue and paste your translation there. I'm not 100% on the chapter names, so feel free to correct them.

You should also make an account on the wiki if you haven't done so. :)
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

Thanks for creating the page!
I've posted the prologue on there.

About the chapter names... Each chapter has a unique title, so do does that need to be put on the main series page? Or is it okay to put the title inside the actual chapter, like I did for the prologue?

I also have a few questions about the formatting:
The poem that Evhemary sings has a unique formatting style in the book. There are two sentences on the same line, but seperated by spaces/indents. It's kind of hard to explain, but is there a way to make extra spaces that I put in the editing page appear in the exact same format on the real page?
Also, is there a way to signify a time/scene change other than just putting an extra line break (like I did in the last bit of the prologue)?
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Your welcome :)
It's fine to put the unique title on both the main page and the chapter page. I'm not sure how to do the spaces in the wiki. You could try asking one of the editors on the wiki like Hiro Hayase, Zero2001 or Chancs. For the time changes I guess you could put a star or three, or one of those circle symbols. Hope this helps. :)
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Mystrael wrote:Thanks for creating the page!
I've posted the prologue on there.

About the chapter names... Each chapter has a unique title, so do does that need to be put on the main series page? Or is it okay to put the title inside the actual chapter, like I did for the prologue?

I also have a few questions about the formatting:
The poem that Evhemary sings has a unique formatting style in the book. There are two sentences on the same line, but seperated by spaces/indents. It's kind of hard to explain, but is there a way to make extra spaces that I put in the editing page appear in the exact same format on the real page?
Also, is there a way to signify a time/scene change other than just putting an extra line break (like I did in the last bit of the prologue)?
thanks for the interesting prologue

for the spaces/indents required for the song lyrics, do this:

i) select the line to be indented
ii)go for the advaced editing and select for "Indetaton" (before no wiki formatting)
iii) : will appear. Do as many : as you want till reached your required indentation
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

Added the chapter titles for volume one.
Does anyone know a word in english that means "the person who made the oath" (誓者). I translated it as Oath-maker for now, but it doesn't sound quite right to me...

@ chancs:
I tried the : for indents, but it seems to only work at the start of a new line. Is there a way to put say, ten spaces between two words on the same line instead of just one space between words?

On a totally random note, chapter one is 9/47 pages done (~20%). But next week is homework week for me, so don't expect much more until May.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Mystrael wrote:Added the chapter titles for volume one.
Does anyone know a word in english that means "the person who made the oath" (誓者). I translated it as Oath-maker for now, but it doesn't sound quite right to me...
Contractor? (me=read too much Blade Dance :lol: )

BTW, I really damn love the drawings.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Kira0802 wrote:
Mystrael wrote:Added the chapter titles for volume one.
Contractor? (me=read too much Blade Dance :lol: )

BTW, I really damn love the drawings.
Oath-maker is correct. Contractor will not be the same but correpond to oath-taker.
caitnap
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caitnap »

yay!

thanks for translating it
i hope it become full project soon

wish i could help translating...
my chinese is very bad even though I study it since elementary, feels like I never study at all XD

Return to “English”