Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by renuac »

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to give people a heads up about the translations for vol.4 & 5. And the truth is, this isn't going to be good news: the external HD I kept my translations on is dead. I've been running around this past week trying to get it fixed but it has well and truly given up the ghost, taking my translations with it. Luckily, I still have my notes and some files with half-translated chapters, so re-doing the translations should be quite fast, but since I'm going to be crazy busy until mid-August, I won't be able to start on them until then.

I'm really sorry about this (and trust me, you couldn't possibly be more pissed off by this than I am) but please wait a bit longer. I promise I should be able to start uploading by September.
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

That sucks! Having had an external die on me in the past, I understand your pain.

One recommendation though, start using cloud storage.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

I'm sure you have already, but just in case, have you pulled the drive itself out and connected it to see if anything is recoverable?
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

R~S wrote:That sucks! Having had an external die on me in the past, I understand your pain.

One recommendation though, start using cloud storage.
I hear you. Actually that is where part of my translations are stored so it shouldn't take too long to redo what needs redoing.
Lunar Vitae wrote:I'm sure you have already, but just in case, have you pulled the drive itself out and connected it to see if anything is recoverable?
Thanks but yeah, I've tried that.
epona999
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by epona999 »

Don't know if you have tried this, but if you put the hdd in the freezer for about an hour it will shrink the drive and sometimes will let you read what's on it for a little bit.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

epona999 wrote:Don't know if you have tried this, but if you put the hdd in the freezer for about an hour it will shrink the drive and sometimes will let you read what's on it for a little bit.
Thanks for the tip, I had no idea that was possible! Unfortunately I kinda saw this too late to try it out, but it's good to know.

Apologies for the long wait but volume 4 is finally up. Thanks to Detalz for help with some edits! I'll try and get volume 5 + the first half of volume 6 uploaded by the end of the week at the latest. Thanks for being so patient about this :)
gokrad
Astral Realm

Post by gokrad »

Thanks for the chapters mate , i love this novel , from all the jps novels that are translated latelty this one is a gem compared to others , and its even old .. proves to show that old novels are better than these trope and generic ones ,... sigh , please keep it up and translate it all :D thanks for all the hard work !
Shoryuuken
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shoryuuken »

Holy crackers all at once! :D Thanks
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Thanks for all the new translation, renuac (and Detalz for helping with editing). So much to read and I'm already playing catch up on my other series...what a horrible problem to have.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Cthaeh wrote:Thanks for all the new translation, renuac (and Detalz for helping with editing). So much to read and I'm already playing catch up on my other series...what a horrible problem to have.
That is indeed a terrible situation to be in. But fear not! I have just uploaded the last chapters I have that are translated so after this, your Rakuin backlog won't increase anymore. Isn't that good news?

More seriously, this will be the last update for a while. I haven't even started working on chapter 5 yet so it's best not to hope for anything for another month or two. It will be out eventually, I'm just not sure when.

By the way, I got a request to translate the map for vol.4&5 so I've added the location names on the file pages if anyone's curious about Tauran's layout :)
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

renuac wrote:... the map for vol.4&5 so I've added the location names on the file pages if anyone's curious about Tauran's layout :)
Given the little bit of chatter about the map and the mentioning of photoshop on your talk page, I'll say I vaguely intend to do the v4 map sometime in next few weeks. I was the one who did the v3 map, so I'm probably going to cheat on the v4 map and just add the couple of new dots and names onto the v3 (rather than clean the v4 map from scratch).

I'd like to do the v5 & v6 map too, but it would take longer since that's a new region, so I probably won't get around to it in the foreseeable future given how much other general editing and reading I'm trying to catch up on.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Cthaeh wrote:
renuac wrote:... the map for vol.4&5 so I've added the location names on the file pages if anyone's curious about Tauran's layout :)
Given the little bit of chatter about the map and the mentioning of photoshop on your talk page, I'll say I vaguely intend to do the v4 map sometime in next few weeks. I was the one who did the v3 map, so I'm probably going to cheat on the v4 map and just add the couple of new dots and names onto the v3 (rather than clean the v4 map from scratch).

I'd like to do the v5 & v6 map too, but it would take longer since that's a new region, so I probably won't get around to it in the foreseeable future given how much other general editing and reading I'm trying to catch up on.
That would be brilliant if you could do them when you have the time, thank you.

Edit: Sithkazar posted a translated version of Tauran's map :)
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

Awesome work, Detalz & renuac!

Went through vols 3-5 in a week Image
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

Holy ****, all of a sudden we're halfway through vol 6! Last I looked there were still only 3 volumes, and it took years to get to that point, lol. Thank you very much, I'll start catching up tomorrow.
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
guardianknight
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by guardianknight »

I disappeared for a couple months and come back to find over 2 volumes completed. You have no idea how happy I am. Thank you very much for all the work. Now I have to go start binge reading these volumes again. :D

Return to “English”