Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by God Ginrai »

renuac wrote:Alright, volume 7 is up and 8 should be uploaded around the same time next month. I'll add the illustrations tomorrow, too tired to do it now.

Sithkazar has also recently taken over the Rakuin no Monshou wikia and is working on getting it up to date, so if you've forgotten who anyone is, or what the heck is going on, you can always check that out :)
God Ginrai wrote:Thanks for the response. That's certainly reassuring to hear. :) I appreciate the translations you've done so far, and am looking forward to those yet to come.

-God Ginrai
That's great news! Any plans for what you might translate after Rakuin? If you're up for suggestions, there are quite a few series I'd like to suggest that are in need of some love. :)

-God Ginrai
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

God Ginrai wrote:
That's great news! Any plans for what you might translate after Rakuin? If you're up for suggestions, there are quite a few series I'd like to suggest that are in need of some love. :)

-God Ginrai
I'm not even sure that I'll continue translating after Rakuin but sure, feel free to suggest what you have in mind :)
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

renuac wrote:I'm not even sure that I'll continue translating after Rakuin but sure, feel free to suggest what you have in mind :)
That would be a shame if you stopped translating after Rakuin; Your work is greatly appreciated. However, it is obviously your choice and you should do what you want to do.

As for the series I can suggest, these are the ones that are most pressing, IMO:
Additionally, I wouldn't consider it "pressing", since no one started translation on the novels for this in the first place, but Higaeri Quest ( http://lndb.info/light_novel/Higaeri_Quest ) is complete in Japan with only 4 novels, and is written by the author of Slayers. :)

-God Ginrai
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

God Ginrai wrote: That would be a shame if you stopped translating after Rakuin; Your work is greatly appreciated. However, it is obviously your choice and you should do what you want to do.

As for the series I can suggest, these are the ones that are most pressing, IMO:
Additionally, I wouldn't consider it "pressing", since no one started translation on the novels for this in the first place, but Higaeri Quest ( http://lndb.info/light_novel/Higaeri_Quest ) is complete in Japan with only 4 novels, and is written by the author of Slayers. :)

-God Ginrai
Hyouketsu no Kyoukai no Eden seems to have been picked up: http://sakurahonyaku.blogspot.be/. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind, although, since I think the Boogiepop series is still ongoing in Japan, that's definitely too large-scale a project for me.
Brian_Hail
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brian_Hail »

Great Translation and editing. Made the wait this month worth it. Keep it up! Next Volume is going to be full of sweet sweet drama.
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

Thanks for the awesome treat!
Baka-Tsuki discord server
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Brian_Hail wrote:Great Translation and editing. Made the wait this month worth it. Keep it up! Next Volume is going to be full of sweet sweet drama.
The next volume is certainly full of drama...
R~S wrote:Thanks for the awesome treat!
I hope you enjoyed your day off :D
Neuroth
Astral Realm

Post by Neuroth »

Yo Renuac. I love your work <3 But I'm going to die because of that cliffhanger :'(
a707
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by a707 »

Amazing quality. Thanks for the release renuac. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next one.
epona999
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by epona999 »

Thank you for the translations renuac!! i love this novel so much! >< seriously!! that last part got me so hyped up and then it just ended!! you can't do that to me!
btw i was looking at other novels by this author and came across Tales of Leo Attiel Depiction of the Headless Prince, on one site it said that this novel is associated to the universe of Rakuin no Monshou. Does anyone know how they are related to each other? also I found the first part of the first chapter translated but could not find anything else then that. I am really interested in reading it so if anyone knows if someone is working on translating it please let me know. :D
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Thanks for the thanks, guys, but please don't forget Sithkazar for her hours of editing :)
epona999 wrote:Thank you for the translations renuac!! i love this novel so much! >< seriously!! that last part got me so hyped up and then it just ended!! you can't do that to me!
btw i was looking at other novels by this author and came across Tales of Leo Attiel Depiction of the Headless Prince, on one site it said that this novel is associated to the universe of Rakuin no Monshou. Does anyone know how they are related to each other? also I found the first part of the first chapter translated but could not find anything else then that. I am really interested in reading it so if anyone knows if someone is working on translating it please let me know. :D
Blame the author, he wrote the cliffhangers 8)

Leo Attiel is set something like fifteen years before Rakuin and takes place on the other side of the continent, some time before the major war between Allion and Dytiann. Leo himself is a prince of Atall, which is one of the small countries between those two - it gets mentioned several times later in Rakuin, so it's interesting to see it before it fell. I don't know if anyone is translating it though.
Brian_Hail
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brian_Hail »

God I love to binge read a Rankuin no Monshou volume. Many thanks for the translation and editing. The drama in this volume was very satisfying and the ending was shocking to say the least. Next volume looks like it'll focus on the movements from Mephius's Emperor Guhl, that weird priest order who I get the feeling have been controlling the emperor through his second wife Melissa (that skank
Spoiler! :
who killed her previous husband I bet
) and the Garberan side of things. And do I spy Vileena in armour? Looks dope.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

^ Those are some pretty spot-on guesses.
a707
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by a707 »

A great volume this time. I didn't realize it until after I finished but
Spoiler! :
I think Shique was my favorite character (or maybe Rogue). He will be missed.
Thanks as always, renuac, and Sithkazar too.
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

I just marathoned the whole series (the first three volumes I'd read once or twice before, but the rest was all new to me) up until the latest, 9th volume. It's been a long time since I was able to post here, since no matter what I did, the forum wouldn't let me log in, but it seems to be fixed now. Anyway, just wanted to thank the translators for their work and say that I've enjoyed the ride a lot: this is still my favourite Japanese novel series (light or otherwise).

I'm not sure what to think of the mysterious sorcerers and elders and Barbaroi, their part of the plot seems to run its own course, only occasionally intersecting with the main plot... Normally I'm big fan of this sort of mystery, but I dislike the feeling that everyone, including Orba, are dancing on the palm of some character(s) we haven't even been properly introduced yet. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the plot being controlled by forces that the main character himself has no clue about. But, well, it's a minor issue. Overall, this is some damn high quality fantasy.
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic

Return to “English”