Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by renuac »

Detalz wrote:First off, I'm sorry for the long delay in posting for everyone wanting to read the series. I've been really busy and on some weeks I haven't been able to fit even a few minutes in into translating lately. Please bear with the slow releases for now.
Having checked the raws, I think I might be able to help translate this project. I'm not really sure if Dohma is still actively the project leader or if you're the person to speak to now, but is it okay if I register to start volume 4?
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Of course you can! Translators can register to translate a chapter at any time. You don't need my permission to start translating. I'm not exactly the project leader but if you have any questions feel free to ask away.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Detalz wrote:Of course you can! Translators can register to translate a chapter at any time. You don't need my permission to start translating. I'm not exactly the project leader but if you have any questions feel free to ask away.
Good to know, thanks :)
guardianknight
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by guardianknight »

Once again thanks for all the hard work and for keeping at it no matter how slow the releases. I love this story so much, and hope one day I will be able to finish reading it all.
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

Keep up the great work, vol 3 is getting close to completion! :D
Baka-Tsuki discord server
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

I'm having some trouble with figuring out how best to romanise a couple of names, so if any one wants to give their input, it would be much appreciated.

Specifically, two of Tauran's city-states are called ラケキシュ (rakekishu) and フグムル (fugumuru). I'm leaning towards 'Raqekixu' for the first one since at least it kind of looks like a name, but the second one has me stumped. Fuugmull?

While I'm at it, there's a Mephian general called ユライア・マッター (yuraia matta-) who I currently have down as 'Uriah' or 'Yuriah' since the pronunciation is pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese, but it occurs to me that 'Uriah' is a pretty uncommon name, so I'm not sure if non-native English speakers will know how to pronounce it. Should I just stick to 'Yuraia' to avoid confusion? Again, any thoughts on the subject would be a great help.

Ayame wrote:I hope this will be scanned someday and most of all I hope there will be a mention of Olba and his princess somewhere in the future volumes. I'm totally curious what happened with them.
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newrele ... -865196-7/
Looks like so far, the story is set about 14/15 years before 'Rakuin', so I doubt we'll hear much about them unfortunately. Maybe towards the very end?
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

The Taurans are considered pretty similar to native tribes, so it's fine if the names aren't exactly common. I would name them something like this.

ラケキシュ - Lakekish
フグムル - Fugumul

ユライア・マッター Uriah Matah

Hope this helps.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Detalz wrote:The Taurans are considered pretty similar to native tribes, so it's fine if the names aren't exactly common. I would name them something like this.

ラケキシュ - Lakekish
フグムル - Fugumul

ユライア・マッター Uriah Matah

Hope this helps.
Oh, I really like Lakekish and Fugumul - I think I'll go with these so yes, that was a great help. Thanks!
Ayame
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ayame »

renuac wrote:
Looks like so far, the story is set about 14/15 years before 'Rakuin', so I doubt we'll hear much about them unfortunately. Maybe towards the very end?
That's a bummer. Did you buy the volumes? Did you like it?
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

Ayame wrote:
renuac wrote:
That's a bummer. Did you buy the volumes? Did you like it?
It's on my 'to-buy' list but so far I've only read the online preview and skimmed through comments about it. It looks like it will take a fairly different route from 'Rakuen' though since we're told right off the bat that Leo's country will fall and that for all he was a hero, history will remember him as a villain. I'm kind of curious to see how Sugihara will pull that off.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Yay! Volume 3 is complete (minus the afterword) with the recent posting of chapter 7. Thanks for the translation, Detalz!
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

Cthaeh wrote:Yay! Volume 3 is complete (minus the afterword) with the recent posting of chapter 7. Thanks for the translation, Detalz!
Given that Renuac was waiting for vol 3 to be complete before posting his translations for vols 4 & 5, we're in for a treat :D
Baka-Tsuki discord server
mikkosep
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Rakuin no Monshou

Post by mikkosep »

Since vol 3 is finished, I hope that the next 2 volumes get uploaded cause it's getting more awesome by each volume and the wait is killing me.
epona999
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by epona999 »

mikkosep wrote:Since vol 3 is finished, I hope that the next 2 volumes get uploaded cause it's getting more awesome by each volume and the wait is killing me.
yes please! Renuac said on their user page that they would start uploading once vol 3 was finished getting translated, so hopefully they will be uploaded soon because its killing me too!! :cry:
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

F*** yes, finally! The wait is over, I can finally continue reading my favourite Japanese novel series. :D My thanks to the translator, good job hanging in there and not abandoning the project.
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic

Return to “English”