Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by renuac »

a707 wrote:A great volume this time. I didn't realize it until after I finished but
Spoiler! :
I think Shique was my favorite character (or maybe Rogue). He will be missed.
Thanks as always, renuac, and Sithkazar too.
Glad you enjoyed it. And it's nice to meet a fellow Rogue-fan.

Krozam wrote:I just marathoned the whole series (the first three volumes I'd read once or twice before, but the rest was all new to me) up until the latest, 9th volume. It's been a long time since I was able to post here, since no matter what I did, the forum wouldn't let me log in, but it seems to be fixed now. Anyway, just wanted to thank the translators for their work and say that I've enjoyed the ride a lot: this is still my favourite Japanese novel series (light or otherwise).

I'm not sure what to think of the mysterious sorcerers and elders and Barbaroi, their part of the plot seems to run its own course, only occasionally intersecting with the main plot... Normally I'm big fan of this sort of mystery, but I dislike the feeling that everyone, including Orba, are dancing on the palm of some character(s) we haven't even been properly introduced yet. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the plot being controlled by forces that the main character himself has no clue about. But, well, it's a minor issue. Overall, this is some damn high quality fantasy.
I feel you about having trouble signing into the forum.

Honestly, I agree with pretty much everything you say about the sorcerers, and for the same reasons: having this mysterious cabal manipulating everything from the shadows is annoying given that most of the characters have no possible way of learning about them. Sure, they wouldn't be much good as puppet masters if they were easy to detect, but even so, for a long time, I felt that their presence kind of trivialised the other characters actions. On the other hand, while they are running on parallel lines, they're so integral to the plot that they really can't be done away with.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I will say that they aren't anywhere near as in control as they portray themselves as being, and the last volume was pretty satisfactory in demonstrating that.
a707
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by a707 »

A suspensful volume from start to end. Great job on the TL and editing again, guys. Always a good day when I see this novel get updated.
winev52
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by winev52 »

Only one volume left. Thank for your hard work!!!
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

winev52 wrote:Only one volume left. Thank for your hard work!!!
Volume 12 will probably be spilt in two for release, but yes, come January, this project will actually be completed :D
Shiroux
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

Anyone know where I can find better illustrations than the one on this site?
Brian_Hail
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brian_Hail »

We have come to the final stretch. I begun reading this LN when only the first volume had been translated and loved it. Reminded very much of Code Geass in that Orba uses his mind and his skills to win his battles not some sort of OP power or Plot armour as some other are. Thankyou very much to the translators, editors and proofreaders and any others who contributed to completing this translation. Cannot wait for them to be put in PDF format so I can download and save to my laptop.
renuac
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renuac »

You might be better off going to BT's Discord server to get pdfs, as I'm pretty sure they already exist for all the completed volumes, and the people there will be happy to help.
Teo
Astral Realm

Post by Teo »

ooh finally i was able to register an account, yey !

just wanted to thanks the translators of this work, great work :)
Brian_Hail
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brian_Hail »

It is done. I have read the last volume and loved it. I love the authors tease at the end where you understand that both are aware the other knows Orba's secret (Vileena and Orba) but it is never put into words. Thankyou very much translators past and present, editors and those who supplied the scans for the novel as well as anyone else who supported this project. I only wish now that this novel could be made into an awesome anime that follows the source material to the letter.
Shiroux
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

For those interested, here's the pdf/epub for volume 01.
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

Finally got around to finishing this series. I want to thank the translators, it was truly a pleasure. Still the best LN I've read.

I was hoping for more epilogue stuff, given the large cast of characters, and a more fulfilling romantic conclusion. Also, many mysteries regarding the Barbaroi and the sorcerers were still left unanswered. Overall, the conclusion was just a tad anticlimactic, but not in a way that left me particularly disappointed.

Ah, the empty feeling when you finish a good, long story, where you truly got attached to the characters. I want moar. The author teased in the last afterword about the possibility of a sequel, I hope that'll become reality some day. Meanwhile, I guess I'll check out the other series set in the same world, even though it appears to be discontinued...
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic

Return to “English”