Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Madan no Ou to Vanadis?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 1577

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Post by Mystes »

Click HERE for details about EnigmaticAxiom's machine translation process.

Let's see...
Original title: 魔弾の王と戦姫
Author: 川口士 (Tsukasa Kawaguchi)
Illustrator: よし☆ヲ (Yoshi☆Wo)
Publisher: MF Bunko J (I think)

Summary by Kira0802:
In times of war, set in Western Europe, Eleanor Vertalia, is one of the seven Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the war into Brune. There are actually seven Vanadis, named like this because they each received a powerful weapon from the dragon, to reign over 7 territories, each possessing their own. The power of the Vanadis cause dread and fear towards their ennemies because of their power. An earl in the service of the country of Brune, a young archer called Teipul, got a taste of it after he got defeated on the battlefield by Ellen (Eleanor). However, Ellen decided to spare his life after seeing his skills. In exchange, he is asked to serve Ellen...
No typos on Zhcted, verified on Volume 2's raws. Ah, and I have no idea how to say Tigre's full name...

Here is the wiki page.
Kira0802 wrote:OK, this question has been asked a few times, so let's make this clear right now.

The reason why the translations are tagged with a (Preview) is because they are done by a machine. Even if the machine translator did an excellent job and the quality is better than other translations done by machine, the inaccuracy is still high and crucial information could be altered.

Also, unless this gets translated by a human translator or proofread by someone who can fix the mistakes, it will likely not be approved as an official project. (Not saying that it won't, just saying that it's unlikely.)

Any other post along the lines of "why is this slapped by a preview tag" will be deleted or disapproved.
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: added link to wiki...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Post by lchigo93 »

One con about this manga is it has no novel illustrations. And other than the Vanadis and cover page, all other colored illustrations look weird/bad. Maybe it's just me, but sadly I really feel that way. But I can say that the story is really good. The author is willing to describe how the head's fly and arrows stick into necks, and the blood too. Mild blood, I guess.

To those who are interested in those Medieval Warfare type stories and novel(the age where guns and grenades don't exist), try it out. I won't assure that you won't regret it, but it won't hurt to give it a try.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Though Ichigo, I downloaded the RAWS and saw that a few illustrations weren't included in sfacg or something like that. I'll check it later.

And yeah, the artwork for volume 1 doesn't look very good. However, I think it's better for volume 3, though not comparable with the illustrations of, let's say, STnBD.
Kira0802

Kunagisa
Astral Realm

Post by Kunagisa »

What? The LN illustrations are wonderful (unless you're a dfc lover; in that case you're screwed)!

The novel's fun to read. Very good male lead: decisive, skilled, and very honest. The girls aren't anything too fabulous though (not that their character types are bad or anything, just aren't exceptional). I remember burning through vol1 in a day. Fun AND epic read near the end
Spoiler! :
the scene when he "nuked" that dragon out of the sky was absolutely brilliant
. Though I heard since vol2 the author tried to squeeze more fanservice in or something, so I still haven't start that.

One of the few "harem" male leads that I liked (other one that comes to mind is the Ichiban Daimaou's main, light novel version of course).
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I don't think Volume 2 had more fanservice though...I mean, it's more like relationship development than that, I think.
Kira0802

lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Not really fan service right? It was just a set up by Ellen. I think vol 1 has more fan service.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

lchigo93 wrote:Not really fan service right? It was just a set up by Ellen. I think vol 1 has more fan service.
The thing that can be considered as the most fan-service-oriented would be the illustrations. :lol:
Kira0802

DoomCalibur
Astral Realm

Post by DoomCalibur »

Does anyone know where i can get the raw version of this novel PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?? :( :( :( :( :( :(
weed
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by weed »

you can get it in here up to vol 4 :)
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Why isnt this novel having more spotlight then it should be?
Its an awesome LN. Volume 4 was awesome since.....
Spoiler! :
the prince who was supposed to be killed in the first part of volume 1 was alive and he was in fact a SHE. Looks like Tigre is making his own harem where all the girls are princesses lol.
DoomCalibur
Astral Realm

Post by DoomCalibur »

By the way, what were Ellen and the blue haired girl doing?
It seemed like their eyes was staring each other with lightning.
Were they arguing something about Tigre right?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

@DoomCalibur

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with assignments so I didnt have that much time to appear online.
Anyway yes. They were arguing about Tigre.
Tigre is on his road to make his harem. We already have the following girls who could be in his harem.
-Ellen
-Rem
-Tiata
-Rudomira
-Sophie
-Prince Regnas(Prince but in fact a girl).

Looks like Tigre has talent to attract beautiful and noble girls. Lucky guy has seen all of the girls naked and groped most of their breasts.........
It seems like all of the Vanadis will eventually fall for him.......

In volume 3 we get the names of the other vanadis. In volume 4 we get introduced to the 4th and 5th.
Alexandra seems to be the strongest when she was active but she is sick now so we wont what will happen.
She did the followings.
-She took on and defeat Ellen and Rudomira by herself and defeated them with a single attack 2 years before the attack.
-She took on 3 other Vanadis(Sophie and 2 unnamed ones) herself and defeated them several years before the story began.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Code-Zero wrote:Why isnt this novel having more spotlight then it should be?
In my case, it's because the 3rd volume isn't in chinese. Man...

BTW, what the hell is Tigre's complete name?
Kira0802

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Kira0802 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote:Why isnt this novel having more spotlight then it should be?
In my case, it's because the 3rd volume isn't in chinese. Man...

BTW, what the hell is Tigre's complete name?
Oh thats why........

Well his name is super long and weird.
Its Tigreurumud Vollun.

This LN gets better. You would think the Vanadis is Overpowered but that wasnt the case. In volume 3 the Black-Knight Rolland appears and he wields the "Undefeated sword Durandal". He is obviously stronger than Tigre and also Ellen and Sophie. And in volume 4 another character appears and he toys with Ryudmira and Tigre.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

This series seems promising. I'll keep an eye on it, it may interest me later.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.

Return to “English”