Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 696

Astral Realm

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by Guest »

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi is a great manga that is based on a series of light novels. Baka Tsuki should translate them.
lelouch3rd
Astral Realm

Future project sugestion - Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by lelouch3rd »

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Synopsis
Ansarivan dragon knight acadamy is for boys and girls who had made a contract with dragons and teaches students how to raise them. Ash Blake has a particular Seikokuon on his hand, a proof of being a contractor, but he didn't had any dragons for his partner. After an incident the boy's dragon finally hatches. However, the dragon that appeared was different from other dragon. It wasn't in a form of dragon but had a form of a girl.
Last edited by Darklor on Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: poll creation
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Future project sugestion - Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by Mystes »

Important thing I want to ask: Is it "Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi" or "Seikoku no Dragonar"?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kira0802 wrote:Important thing I want to ask: Is it "Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi" or "Seikoku no Dragonar"?
I think both are fine? I believe the ryuu kishi(dragon knight in Japanese) is the direct translation, whereas dragonar is more towards the meaning.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Dragonaar is not the meaning but the reading. I mean, what is a Dragonaar? Right, a dragon knight, as indicated by the kanji/ryuukishi

Also, from what I saw this is generic. Very generic. Protag is regarded as a failure but actually super-powerful/talented, he just needed time. He had time, now he builds a harem of generic girls, including a flat tsundere loli lead, and gets generic power-ups in critical situations. I don't see why anybody but the "HAAAAAAREM*drool*"-faction would be interested. Well, maybe the Kamen-(masked superhero/sentai)-fanboys get a kick out of his armor design...

Generic world, generic characters, generic plot, generic dialog... *sigh* ... There's not even a little sister to save the day.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

OK, just wanted to check in case we have a project page. We always use the title the way it's read, right?
Kira0802

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

We always use what Oni thinks is the title, no matter how long or ridiculous... *runs and hides* ... Well, we should use how it's read. Or how the reading is translated...? *thinks of Unbreakable Machine Doll* Questions over questions...
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kadi wrote:Dragonaar is not the meaning but the reading. I mean, what is a Dragonaar? Right, a dragon knight, as indicated by the kanji/ryuukishi

Also, from what I saw this is generic. Very generic. Protag is regarded as a failure but actually super-powerful/talented, he just needed time. He had time, now he builds a harem of generic girls, including a flat tsundere loli lead, and gets generic power-ups in critical situations. I don't see why anybody but the "HAAAAAAREM*drool*"-faction would be interested. Well, maybe the Kamen-(masked superhero/sentai)-fanboys get a kick out of his armor design...

Generic world, generic characters, generic plot, generic dialog... *sigh* ... There's not even a little sister to save the day.
In volume 4 or 5, his armor is not even visible.

Harem consists of:
Dragon loli (And her Navi? Mature form that hardly appears? Also revealed to be capable of giving birth with a human, and that dragon race does not disapprove of multiple wives due to lack of dragons around)
Princess (Confessed, but as always, put on hold in terms of reply)
Girl that pretends to be of a high status, and shows no shame
Elf that is indicated as rival of the one above
Student President
Student President's lover (the generic female cross-dressing, finds out, force marriage, fall in love?)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kadi wrote:We always use what Oni thinks is the title, no matter how long or ridiculous... *runs and hides* ... Well, we should use how it's read. Or how the reading is translated...? *thinks of Unbreakable Machine Doll* Questions over questions...
BTW, Kikou Shoujo is not how it should be read?
Kira0802

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Well, the Kanji originally read "Kikou Shoujo ha Kizu tsukanai", the tricky/contriving/clever girl does not get injured (kanji joke on Mechanism Girl, which is also read as Kikou Shoujo)

Furigana for Kikou Shoujo are マシンドール, MaShiNDoORu or Machine Doll. Machine Doll does not get injured

And then there's proper (?) English text on the cover saying Unbreakable Machine Doll.

So Unbreakable Machine Doll is the most... intended title, I guess? (with other words: screw you, Japan. Again.)

... back to topic?
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe its a Dragoner aehm Dragoon? ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Malice
Astral Realm

Post by Malice »

yes
Kihiro
Astral Realm

Post by Kihiro »

I would love to see the novel translated :D
chad001
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by chad001 »

Read the manga, not my thing. The draogn-loli reminds me WAY too much of Louise from ZnT. Only without the cute love-potion arc to lessen the pain.
X-Fire
Astral Realm

Post by X-Fire »

Read the manga, panicked because of Louis clone ("You stupid dog!"). Clenched my teeth, finished reading, liked it because other characters stood out more (Student President reminds me of Rias from DxD). Found some summaries on Animesuki, liked it even more, mainly because the Louis-clone thing dies pretty quick. She's still a tsundere, but the cute "Pay attention to me" kind. And she does hit him, but in situations that make sense (like she walked into a room and found the MC under someone's skirt. Accident, but all she saw was the skirt thing.)

Two more things that stood out to me in the spoilers/summaries. One, the girls seem to get pretty even development and screen time, so even if you hate the tsundere's they aren't the only one's on stage, so to speak. Two, DRAGONS!! :D Sorry, but dragons make me gush. And the tsundere girl turns into one the size of a mountain.

Return to “English”