Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 696

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by denormative »

TJYYEO wrote:
denormative wrote: Now that I've noticed this... if you're still unsure, what it's implying I'd call a "theological school" or "seminary" (this term is specifically restricted to schools for training priests/rabbi's/etc though, whereas the previous is any formal religious graduate or postgraduate instruction). If 聖 is the same character used for the 'Saint' referenced elsewhere, I'd go for something like "Saint's Laws (whatever you're going with for the 'graduate school' part)", 法科大学院 is used for "Law School" so I'm guessing that's the pattern the author was working off, but "Saint's Law School" sounds off. :? Otherwise, just something like "Holy Scripture (Training Institution or whatever)"?
According to my knowledge , 聖 may mean holy, saint or even divine. 法 may mean, way, method, law, etc. However, when 聖法 are used together, it actually bears a different meaning. Something like, 'biblical law' or the rules set by god. Or sometimes, in the culture means an ordered rules given my the emperor. Maybe I should just leave it in kana.
But then.... How do I pronounce it? At first I though it was せいほう.... But then the internet dictionary weblio told me that it was called ひじりほう :?: ???
"Biblical" is correct to a certain extent; the issue is that "biblical" refers to a specific thing "of relating to the bible" rather then the general sense of "holy work". I generally prefer "holy law" rather then "biblical law" because it's translating the intent, not necessarily the exact meaning. Though knowing the religious structure they use here, I'd actually be inclined to translate it to "Saint's Law" because it's a set of rules passed down by the 'Saint' who was the original leader of this religion.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
michaelman90
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by michaelman90 »

Thanks to everyone working on the translation for us ignorant folk, glad to see some signs of life in this project again.
axxooss
Astral Realm

Post by axxooss »

I wanna try my hand at translating it but I can't find the raw anywhere!
Help? :(
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

In the US try Kunokuniya bookstore, they have a few throughout the US.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
sleezypaladin
Astral Realm

Post by sleezypaladin »

I would like to thank the Translators who slave away day and night to provide us readers with translations of such great stories. i would like to ask the translators if they allow editing of their work. such as correcting type o's and spelling errors.i want to ask before i touch any of their work. i just read to volume 3 today and am half way through it and have noticed lot's of errors. so i figured I'd make myself to use to those that provide me with so much entertainment.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

sleezypaladin wrote:I would like to thank the Translators who slave away day and night to provide us readers with translations of such great stories. i would like to ask the translators if they allow editing of their work. such as correcting type o's and spelling errors.i want to ask before i touch any of their work. i just read to volume 3 today and am half way through it and have noticed lot's of errors. so i figured I'd make myself to use to those that provide me with so much entertainment.
You are more than welcome to work on editing but do remember that this project uses British English so what you might think of as typos might be the proper spelling so I would suggest if your browser has an auto spell check that you install the British Dictionary for your browser so that the spell check function will work properly.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Aurst
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aurst »

Getting so close to Silvia and Ash figuring out who each other really are.
antminer
Astral Realm

Post by antminer »

i hope this project continues im starting to realy like it :D
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

A chapter updated and completed. Thanks
eddtng
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by eddtng »

We're so close to finishing volume 5, I can't wait to read it all in one sitting. So excited.
earlbelaphor93
Kyonist

Post by earlbelaphor93 »

I can't wait for this vol. to finish, I've holding myself from reading this until all of the chapters have Translated. :o
riztupoki
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live, Highschool DxD.

Post by riztupoki »

This LN series was great. Thank you for the translator.
No more.
TJYYEO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TJYYEO »

Just trying to ask about 霧.
Should this be translated to mist or fog and what is the difference?
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

霧 is more closely associated to a fog(low visibility), though in certain cases where it's mentioned as 薄い霧, mist may also be appropriate.
霞 is closer to mist in general.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

In general - mist is created from Water Vapor - normally near and at places with big volume of water while fog is created from Clouds- normally occurs when clouds come down to our height - so I think it would be better as 'fog' since it is in the forest.

Edit: It seems that Arc 3 is finished in V15 - according to the way the author counts the number of the chapters in V13-V15
But the series doesn't end yet :D
Link to my user on B-T

Return to “English”