Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 696

chronos5884
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by chronos5884 »

yoyoyo5678 wrote:
senility wrote:Hi!
I'd like to start editing and I was wondering how to do it without getting the translators angry. I already read the Format Guidelines and glanced over the Terminology Guidelines like the person above me, however since I am new to this I am not 100% sure as to exactly how much power that gives me in terms of rewriting the grammar. I was thinking I might just dump my work into the Discussion section of the chapter I'm working on, and then the TLer and other editors can look over it/collaborate together to see how/where it needs to be changed.

Thanks for reading this!
Please read this first: Baka-Tsuki:Project Conventions.
After that, please let us see your skills, you will find here a few pages from each chapter from volumes 4, 5 and the first chapter of volume 6 -in those pages you can find some suggestions - add your own suggestions for edits - I'll check them and together we will decide the final edits ( since I have test in university I'll go through those pages slowly, so take your time to add suggestions for edits).
I'm oddly pleased to see my file being re-linked.

@senility (Try starting in volume 4 chapter 2 if volume 4 chapter 1 seems a bit difficult, as we bled all over the pages of volume 4 chapter 1) If anyone has trouble using the commenting/suggesting system, let me know, and I'll fix it within 24 hours.
Note: You actually have to open the file completely in gdocs in order to make any changes.
yoyoyo5678 wrote:
chronos5884 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but... if I want to do some proofreading/editing for grammar and such, how would I do so? Also, what is the formatting for thoughts? Single quotes? Double Quotes?
You can find all of those HERE.
Well as you can see, each translator as his own "formatting/signs" for those staff (I mean whatever/when using " or ” ect...).
I didn't see anything about whether thoughts were to be in single quotes or double quotes and/or italicized
Ulisicus
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulisicus »

yoyoyo5678 wrote:Yes, as you can see on the Main Page, the Project Status is active.
Thanks, i wanted to aks because there werent any updates since july (sorry for my english)
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

Lol I totally forgot about this LN checked it up and was oh yea i wonder how far its gotten... nvm. No Dragon Action over here.
Lacrima
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Lacrima »

I wonder if something happened because of the lack of any updates.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Lacrima wrote:I wonder if something happened because of the lack of any updates.
hmm i wonder.. i have been visiting the project page every other week expectantly only to be left disappointed. I wonder if TJYYEO decided to drop it :(
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
IronFist1386
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IronFist1386 »

I hope this wasn't dropped :/ I really wanna see Eco turn out looking like Navi.
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: So many but here's a few: Gekkou, Toradora, Cube x Cursed x Curious

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

Aww and things just got interesting too. Hopefully it's not dropped.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Seeing from the lack of updates, I will say it is. Damn, these are bad times. Amazing series losing translators, getting licensed. I hope we see an update soon.
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
persnicular
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ~ broken links?

Post by persnicular »

yoyoyo5678 wrote:
DragonOsman2 wrote:This is a great series; I'm glad it's been picked up. Thanks, guys.

Only, where can I read the translated first chapter of Volume 6? It's been translated according to MangaUpdates. Isn't it? Will it be uploaded to Baka-Tsuki when the whole Volume has been translated? I notice that the way the rest of the series has been uploaded probably means it's really like that.

Here is the link.
Found the link for the translation here at the forum, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get there from the main project page. If you click on the cover photo for the chapter it doesn't go anywhere. Broken links? Bookmarked the link from the post with hopes that it can be used for future releases if the "cover links" aren't fixed.

Is there an external site other than Baka-Tsuki such as at wordpress.com or some such? Really love what reading the ln adds to the anime version and am looking forward to the translation releases!
persnicular
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ~ IDLE?

Post by persnicular »

:cry: The project shows an "IDLE" status. Would really hate to see this series disappear and would be happy to help if I could be of any use. Can't help with Asian language translations at all, but first language is English (American) so could help out with that. :wink:

However.... it looks like there's a pretty full active crew already?

Or... is the work on this being done at a site other than BT?
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Due to some readers who thought they have enough knowledge in order to edit - this series needs a heavy edits+ TLC (they changed nouns to verbs, added information that was not originally in the text that caused to changes in the meaning etc...).

Unfortunately, I cannot do it right now because my busy studies at university.

Edit: This project isn't dropped - the staff members will work on this project only when they have time (when they aren't busy with real life).
Link to my user on B-T
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Is this project dropped?
Hello................Bye
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Code Zero isn't translating this series. TJYYEO is the main translator so far. Check the registration page on the project page.
persnicular
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by persnicular »

Are you saying that there are chapters beyond the first story arc that have been translated but that they're not being released because of editing issues?

Sounds like you've all got a plan, so I'll just keep watching to see what happens. I'd be willing to do an "audition" chapter but totally understand the crew not wanting to deal with any more newbies/amateurs at this point.

Hope some of the busy times are about having some fun during the holidays!
Treyon
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Treyon »

it would seem that TJYYEO, has dropped Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi or is unable to continue translating since its been 7 months since the last update and no word from him/her.

So lets help revive his proyect! Im sure that if we search we can find a translator for this amazing novel. :D

Return to “English”