Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 651

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica

Post by cautr »

Speaking just for me I didn't understand a word you were saying. So a TL would be pretty tough, huh? :mrgreen:
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Sancturil
Astral Realm

Re: Hagure Yūsha no Estetica

Post by Sancturil »

Excuse me, but I would like to know if you are still working on this project? Since I'm personally really interested in reading this one. Also, thank you very much for your amazing work with the other light novel series.
jn19930
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jn19930 »

I'm not exactly a big fan of this novel, but I would like to try translating it as a test run before I jump over to another one that I kinda want to do. I'll do it from Chinese to English so I might have issues with some of the names. As I've just started using the forums, and never really edited the other works. I would want to post up my work here first http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930 before I try playing around with the Hagure page and learn how to use it. I've done a few chapters currently, so if someone can look it up and help edit the mistakes, that will be great :D
Spoiler! :
Location of my translated works:
http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Your awesome! Have an English editor run through it and then post it in the chapters here. All you have to do is go to edit and past in the text. (I only suggest the editor because the sentence format is still in chinese, whereas English has a different sentence structure, for the record, I do the same thing coming from J->E so no worries). There's a lot of good editors here, so even if you just posted it, you'd be fine.

Oh note: Make sure you put your name in the translation box on the LN main page so you get the credit you deserve for your work yeah?
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Its look good and interesting. I hope some Translators will pick it up.
Link to my user on B-T
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

jn19930 wrote:I'm not exactly a big fan of this novel, but I would like to try translating it as a test run before I jump over to another one that I kinda want to do. I'll do it from Chinese to English so I might have issues with some of the names. As I've just started using the forums, and never really edited the other works. I would want to post up my work here first http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930 before I try playing around with the Hagure page and learn how to use it. I've done a few chapters currently, so if someone can look it up and help edit the mistakes, that will be great :D

Thanks a lot, I hope that you will pick it up- you can leave the edits to Editors and readers
Link to my user on B-T
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

A guy just did pick it up, he just pumped out vol 1 chap 1-2, link on the other hagure yuusha post
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

I can give my word that I'll finish Vol. 1, then it's more or less seeing if I want to start the other light novel or continuing to Vol. 2 for more experience first. I'll probably pump out the rest of Vol. 1 during the weekend if I dont get lazy :wink:
Spoiler! :
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Thanks for translating! Just bringing it to your attention, but there is actually someone who registered for chapter 1 on the wiki teaser page, and has already started translating that chapter. For a project/teaser that's been neglected like this one has, I think it's pretty unusual that two people started translating the same thing nearly simultaneously.

If I understand correctly, you intend to put your translations on the wiki after a little while. So it might be a good idea to put your name on the registration page on the wiki project page for the rest of volume 1, and contact wiki user Joegargery (there is no forum user by the same name) to communicate your intent and ask his plans. You could also ask someone else to do so on your behalf if you didn't want to create a wiki account right at the moment.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

For the other person, I did see them start translating the chapter 1 probably recently (didn't look at the page for a week), but I did that translation two weeks ago (fully completed) and was just lazy to mention it here. I won't mind if he takes part of my work and finish it off but I'm not too sure how to contact him.

As for the rest of Volume 1, I should be able to finish it during this weekend. I'm currently going through Chapter 3 and plan on finishing it today. (I update the pastebin everytime I finish one part of it).

If someone can help me out with the wiki section that will be great, since I don't plan on touching the wiki for a bit.
Spoiler! :
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

1. Let me know when and I'll pop it on the wiki 4 you, but first you need to go here
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page
and put your use name ( if your logged in just do "~~~~" ) for chapter 2-whatever your have done(end of vol 1)
first and then we can put it in wiki format. (ALso, the editors will clean it up 4 you too).
2. Talk to joe who's been working on chapter 1 here
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... &redlink=1
this way we can avoid double work being done like chapter one.

3 The rule here is first register first served, so Joe has Chapter one and is being very active on it this past month, so he's in charge of that chapter, but as ch.2 onward have no owner, hurry and pop your name in there k? (the top link)

4. Also, do you own vol 4? I got stuck a while ago on the way something is worded in the prologue (vol 4), if so I'd love to ask you about it, (thanks, I'm not nearly as good as you, I can barely read a chapter a day, let alone TL it). :lol:
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

1. I posted my name for the rest of the Vol. 1 as I should be getting it done by the end of the weekend or somewhere at the beginning of next week.

2. Left a message and told him that he could use my work as a reference and asked him to finish his chapter. Although I've seen name changes all over the places of his work so he might want to decide on one format.

and for 4. What part do you want to ask me about? I'll look it up if you want me to :)
Spoiler! :
snon
Astral Realm

Post by snon »

thanks for translating this,hope you continue translating hagure. :D
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

jn19930 wrote:If someone can help me out with the wiki section that will be great, since I don't plan on touching the wiki for a bit.
To put it on the wiki, it takes a while, you copy and paste, but each line has to have an extra line between them (or it comes out weird? :lol: ), so formatting takes a few. If you want, I'll pop it in chapter 2 for you from your bin and let the editors at it.

I'll pm you my question from chapter 4 so I'm not spamming the board here, (plus I'm not sure, but it might be a dumb obvious question and I don' wanna look TOO stupid :wink: (I'll get a sec sunday to send it off).
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

obsidian pegasus wrote:
To put it on the wiki, it takes a while, you copy and paste, but each line has to have an extra line between them (or it comes out weird? :lol: ), so formatting takes a few. If you want, I'll pop it in chapter 2 for you from your bin and let the editors at it.

I'll pm you my question from chapter 4 so I'm not spamming the board here, (plus I'm not sure, but it might be a dumb obvious question and I don' wanna look TOO stupid :wink: (I'll get a sec sunday to send it off).
Go ahead and post it on the wiki. I did some name fix as I messed up the last name and first name of a character :cry:

And I slacked off yesterday and only managed one part and a bit of chapter 4, so I'll try to go through the rest of chapter 4 today. Maybe even make a attempt on the Epilogue :wink:

EDIT: Won't be making an attempt on Epilogue, Chapter 4 was longer than expected (I'm not finished yet, but should be done by tonight) The quality might go down as I begin to get tired.
Spoiler! :

Return to “English”