Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......"?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 279

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Post by Mystes »

Original title: ヒカルが地球にいたころ......
Translation: When Hikaru was at the Earth......

Synopsis, from MyAnimeList
A guy called Koremitsu is possessed by a soul called Hikaru, who cannot make promise to come true because he's dead, and gave Aoi Saotome, Hikaru's girlfriend, to Koremitsu as present to make promise happening. Not only Aoi is ignoring Koremitsu, student council president Choui Saiga also gave Koremitsu bad look. There's a rumor to Hikaru's death.
Author: Mizuki Nomura (野村実月)
Illustrator: Miho Takeoka (竹岡美穂)

Volume 1 Cover:

Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project Plea: "Aoi" Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

No offense, but though I am very interested in the story, I do not think we should attempt to translate this one. The reasoning is simple, Bungaku Shoujo was taken down, so it is likely it would follow suite if we do take it up. And I don't think we want such attention...?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:No offense, but though I am very interested in the story, I do not think we should attempt to translate this one. The reasoning is simple, Bungaku Shoujo was taken down, so it is likely it would follow suite if we do take it up. And I don't think we want such attention...?
The licence comes together? :?:
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:No offense, but though I am very interested in the story, I do not think we should attempt to translate this one. The reasoning is simple, Bungaku Shoujo was taken down, so it is likely it would follow suite if we do take it up. And I don't think we want such attention...?
The licence comes together? :?:
No, they don't come together, but seeing how they believe Bungaku Shoujo is enough to send B-T a warning, what makes you think they are giving up on the new series as well? So its better to assume they will take it up as well.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Finished reading Volume 1. It is a freakin godly extraordinarily great story.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

Kira0802 wrote:Finished reading Volume 1. It is a freakin godly extraordinarily great story.
As expected... DAMN I WISH I CAN READ JAPANESE!!

P.S. No spoilers please, I shall wait till it gets translated into Chinese, or if you translate it haha!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:As expected... DAMN I WISH I CAN READ JAPANESE!!

P.S. No spoilers please, I shall wait till it gets translated into Chinese, or if you translate it haha!
I thought unofficial Chinese translations are always available for major series, especially those by big-name authors like Nomura. Or maybe I am wrong?
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Doraneko wrote: I thought unofficial Chinese translations are always available for major series, especially those by big-name authors like Nomura. Or maybe I am wrong?
Nope, you're right. Though some like Shadow like to read it in book format. As for me, I'd also do it, but China is on the other side of the planet...
Kira0802

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Project Plea: Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Post by Mystes »

Seems that it's OK, from what Big Boss said.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

Kira0802 wrote:
Doraneko wrote: I thought unofficial Chinese translations are always available for major series, especially those by big-name authors like Nomura. Or maybe I am wrong?
Nope, you're right. Though some like Shadow like to read it in book format. As for me, I'd also do it, but China is on the other side of the planet...
China isn't the one doing the official books, but Taiwan I believe?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:China isn't the one doing the official books, but Taiwan I believe?
Well China does have official light novel localizations.Occasionally its releases are even faster than its counterpart across the strait. The ~50% cheaper price tag is another significant bonus.

Comparison of the China and Taiwan releases:
http://king120884.mysinablog.com/index. ... Id=3287952
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Just doing a code for a teaser page-to-be cauz I have free time...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro...... (ヒカルが地球にいたころ......)is a light novel series written by Mizuki Nomura. The illustrations are done by Miho Takeoka. Currently, the series has 2 volumes.

==Story Synopsis==

The story starts with the death of Hikaru Mikado. That guy was a natural charmer, a “harem king”, but had no real male friends. After he died though, he became a ghost, a soul, only visible Koremitsu Akagi. Koremitsu though, isn’t really like Hikaru. His red hair and his evil-looking eyes make him look as a delinquent, even though he is very kind inside. Hikaru asks him a favour: he wants to fulfill a promise, which he couldn't fulfill anymore. The promise was to give his girlfriend and fiancée, Aoi Saotome, 7 gifts for her seventeenth birthday. Koremitsu accepts, and has to work hard to help fulfill Hikaru’s promise with Aoi.

==Updates==

:* December X, 2011: Page created

== Translation ==

===[[Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro:Registration_Page|Registration]]===

Those who wish to contribute are asked to first notify a supervisor beforehand.

'''Translators are asked to [[Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro:Registration_Page|register]] which chapters they're working on'''

=== Feedback ===

'''If you enjoyed the teaser, why don't you tell us in the Feedback thread or discuss this series in the [http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4554 forum]?'''

==The 'Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......' series by Mizuki Nomura==

===Volume 1===

::*[[Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro Illustrations|Novel Illustrations]]

::*[[Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro:Volume1 Chapter1|Chapter 1]] (Incomplete)

==Project Staff==

*Project Administrator: 

*Project Supervisor:

===Translators===

'''INACTIVE'''

:*[[User:Kira0802|Kira0802]]

===Editors===

'''NONE'''

==Project Status==

Project Status: '''Teaser'''

[[Category:Teasers]]
Kira0802

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Part of chapter 1:
Chapter 1 – Aren't you already dead?

(Waah......they are all girls.)

Glancing at the scene of the funerals, Koremitsu was startled deep inside him. With top-quality coats, joined by black folded skirts, it was Koremitsu's school, Heian Academy's uniform. There were also dresses, sailor uniforms, shirts, low-cuts and some clothes with a ribbon pinned on the chest. It was pretty surprising, how different kind of uniforms there were. These girls were wearing different styles and different colours of uniforms in this entirely feminine place.

It wasn't only that. There was an university girl wearing an fashionable black coat sobbing and repeating “Hikaru, Hikaru”, an intellectual-like girl with an office lady feeling was holding a handkerchief with her face lowered, and with both shoulders slightly shaking. Even an elementary schoolgirl-like kid, had her eyes as red as eels', filled with tears.

After checking the bulletin board at school to confirm the date of the funerals, Koremitsu immediately regretted it after arriving there. In the middle of the girls, whose eyes were filled of tears, there was a high school boy whose mouth was twisted like a “ へ”, who had a sharp expression in his eyes and his back arched. He was incompatible with the rest of the people. Occasionally, there were a few people throwing a suspicious glare at Koremitsu. The girls wearing Heian Academy uniform were also surprised by the fact that a highly evil new student would also appear here. Though no one would ask him. The ones approaching him were gritting their teeth, look as if they were having something in their mind, uncomfortably avoiding his glare and walk away. Even if they did ask Koremitsu, he couldn't explain it himself.

(Really, why did I come, even though I didn't speak a lot to him, to the funerals of that Itsuki who lived a life full of plenitude.)
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

Alright, first off thanks for taking the time to post this one on the blog. Naturally I found myself attracted by the obvious art that resembled Bungaku Shoujo - But once you started getting more into the story I felt myself unable to tear my eyes away Kira. Coincidentally I am waiting for a shipment to arrive around my birthday with the english version of volumes 1-4 of Bungaku Shoujo.

I seem to have a liking for the "delinquent looking, good guy" style of main characters, it was a bit like meeting Ryuuji all over again. Definitely would be nice to see this one translated but what Shadow says is true: Given that the translation of Bungaku Shoujo brought you guys trouble it wouldn't seem unlikely that the publishers will come after you once more for attempting another go at Nomura's other series.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Veruz wrote:Alright, first off thanks for taking the time to post this one on the blog. Naturally I found myself attracted by the obvious art that resembled Bungaku Shoujo - But once you started getting more into the story I felt myself unable to tear my eyes away Kira. Coincidentally I am waiting for a shipment to arrive around my birthday with the english version of volumes 1-4 of Bungaku Shoujo.

I seem to have a liking for the "delinquent looking, good guy" style of main characters, it was a bit like meeting Ryuuji all over again. Definitely would be nice to see this one translated but what Shadow says is true: Given that the translation of Bungaku Shoujo brought you guys trouble it wouldn't seem unlikely that the publishers will come after you once more for attempting another go at Nomura's other series.
Admin thelastguardian (TLG) said that it's OK as long as it isn't licenced and that the titles isn't Bungaku Shoujo. Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro isn't a top-selling novel, neither (about 54th, I think).

Also, parallels can be drawn between Koremitsu and Ryuuji, but they aren't really ALIKE. Objectively, you can say that they have the same traits, but Koremitsu's 'good side' is pretty much alike Konoha's.
Kira0802

Return to “English”