Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......"?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 279

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Re: Project Plea: Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote:
Admin thelastguardian (TLG) said that it's OK as long as it isn't licenced and that the titles isn't Bungaku Shoujo. Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro isn't a top-selling novel, neither (about 54th, I think).

Also, parallels can be drawn between Koremitsu and Ryuuji, but they aren't really ALIKE. Objectively, you can say that they have the same traits, but Koremitsu's 'good side' is pretty much alike Konoha's.
Mmmm, I see - Well I guess as long as the big boss is fine with that (meaning IF someone picks it up) its alright. 54th only? I would have guessed that it would sell like warm bread given the success of the past series. Then again... It's a new series and the plot is just building up.

Naturally I didn't mean to say they are one and the same - It was more like the way you introduced Koremitsu gave me the same "vibe" just when I got to see Ryuuji for the first time, if you get what I mean.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yeah, I understand that. Though you really need to read the novels to understand the actual 'vibe'...

BTW, I'm back translating, but I'm having a hard time translating flower names.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote:Yeah, I understand that. Though you really need to read the novels to understand the actual 'vibe'...

BTW, I'm back translating, but I'm having a hard time translating flower names.
Sure can't judge a character by the first time you see him - Then rather than "vibe" let me use "first impression". Anyhow..!

Flower names? How come? - Actually I think I am going too much offtopic so I'll stop. :|
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Hikaru, the spirit dude, is actually pretty knowledgeable for flowers. And throughout V1, flower types have been slightly important.
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote:Hikaru, the spirit dude, is actually pretty knowledgeable for flowers. And throughout V1, flower types have been slightly important.
Oooh so there is indeed more to him then just the usual playboy (well, given that he tries to fullfill his promise with his GF even after death I guess it ain't so much a surprise). By the way, is there any hinted romance between Koremitsu and Aoi (given the whole thing about getting the seven presents the author might take that route) or is Honoka the only one implied to have feelings for Koremitsu? Personally I'd prefer if the author stayed with "to each man their own girl" rather than Koremitsu taking over for Hikaru (though you could argue that you'd feel bad for Aoi staying alone then).
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Veruz wrote: Oooh so there is indeed more to him then just the usual playboy (well, given that he tries to fullfill his promise with his GF even after death I guess it ain't so much a surprise). By the way, is there any hinted romance between Koremitsu and Aoi (given the whole thing about getting the seven presents the author might take that route) or is Honoka the only one implied to have feelings for Koremitsu? Personally I'd prefer if the author stayed with "to each man their own girl" rather than Koremitsu taking over for Hikaru (though you could argue that you'd feel bad for Aoi staying alone then).
Actually, it's pretty hard to tell in Volume 1. It's difficult to get to know if Aoi's feelings are for Koremitsu, or for the one he represents, Hikaru. Though she really loves Hikaru.

And Honoka would be taking Nanase's place, if this was Bungaku Shoujo.
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote: Actually, it's pretty hard to tell in Volume 1. It's difficult to get to know if Aoi's feelings are for Koremitsu, or for the one he represents, Hikaru. Though she really loves Hikaru.

And Honoka would be taking Nanase's place, if this was Bungaku Shoujo.
*nods* I see, I see. So at best poor Honoka will play the girlfriend/love interest/crush for most of the series (however long it will last) and then be demoted to best friend. If we go by the cliche development route I can see Aoi slowly getting over Hikaru and shifting towards the present with Hikaru "passing the baton" to Koremitsu who in turn slowly falls in love with Aoi through their interactions. Don't look at me like that, I just used the "common cliche solution".
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yeah, I know that. It'd be sad though. I had always supported Nanase in Bungaku Shoujo...

BTW, the first volume's title is "Aoi", but the second novel has a different title. Maybe she's just a secondary character, Aoi? Though I wouldn't bet on it.
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote:Yeah, I know that. It'd be sad though. I had always supported Nanase in Bungaku Shoujo...

BTW, the first volume's title is "Aoi", but the second novel has a different title. Maybe she's just a secondary character, Aoi? Though I wouldn't bet on it.
Truly, while I still wait for the volumes to arrive over here to start reading I felt that it was kinda unfair for Nanase to be just pushed aside like that. Sure, Touko is the main heroine but still.

As for the volume names - The author might go with the "different heroine for each book" model and return eventually to Aoi again (kind of like the ~monogatari series).

Edit: A minor second thought. We'll possibly get a "one present per book" kind of story. I mean seven presents as it is is quite a load since they are supposed to be meaningful. So 1) It's gonna take time to get them which cannot possibly be covered in a single book and 2) this way the series can be prolonged as far as the author wishes without feeling TOO stretched. Going with that thought we might expect some more ghosts/souls to show up with Koremitsu ending up as a kind of spiritual spokesman/last-wish granter - This is since the seven-present main story might be appealing, I don't think it can fill whole volumes with just that by itself (unless of course its written in a totally awesome way).
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Actually, the seven presents are all in the same volume. There was a crescendo so amazing that I don't think I'll ever spoil that.
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Kira0802 wrote:Actually, the seven presents are all in the same volume. There was a crescendo so amazing that I don't think I'll ever spoil that.
You know you are teasing the hell out of me rightnow, right? And no, even if you wanted I'd refuse to check a spoiler since the story seems like the kind I'd immediately devour once I start on the first few paragraphs.

If what you say is true though I guess the different heroine approach is most likely. Aoi will be demoted to sidekick for a while, Koremitsu got other stuff to worry about (hell Hikaru might like it and stick around for a while) - And then after many tearful events, including a yandere attack by a childhood friend *cough cough* we may get a Koremitsu/Aoi ending.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Or maybe Aoi will simply accompany Koremitsu and his issues with other girls...
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

Looking back at the pictures on the blog the other three girls don't look half-bad. Asai is kinda cute in that one - I suppose due to her status as student council president she'll be the serious/strict girl out of all of them. Honoka hits the right spot - I can see her as a teasing modern tsun. As for Hiina, not too much of an impression other than the "genki" girl type. Note, this is just based on appearance, I have no way of knowing how they actually act - Hell, if I am wrong I'd love it.

And yes Aoi might just become Koremitsu's companion/best friend or something like that - We'll have to see how the author will play with the characters in further volumes.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Hiina hasn't much to do with Volume1 though. The main characters are Koremitsu, Hikaru, Asai, Honoka and Aoi in volume 1. However, I have yet to read Volume 2.
Kira0802

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Veruz »

I'd certainly look forward to your opinions after/in case you read volume 2. I stated this already but you effectively captured my full attention with this novel XD

Return to “English”