Absolute Duo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Absolute Duo?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 586

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Absolute Duo

Post by larethian »

RikiNutcase wrote:Larethian!! why must you pour lava into a died out fire!!!
Because people who have done no work don't know what they are talking about. Complaints on translations are highly frowned on here, when the complainers don't even try to fix simple things that can be fixed, like spelling, tense and simple subject-verb agreement. I'm not even asking them to rephrase to smooth out the sentence. Bottomline is, if I can see simple fixable errors like spelling not fixed by leechers, then no one has, and absolutely no one who has done no work at all has the right to complain.
*Shrug* Just thought I could lend some voice here.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RikiNutcase »

......i hope this doesnt turn big....

Anyhow there seems to be more editors coming to this project so i think this problem would be solved?
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Hi! I want to thank the translators for their hard work on the light novels. It is thanks to you guys that everyone else can enjoy the contents of the light novels and for that I thank you. I first learned of Absolute Duo from Batoto and thought it was an interesting. I then found out that the light novels were being translated, and I would like to contribute to the project as an editor. I had noticed some typos within Chapter 1 of Volume 2, but I'm not sure whether I would be allowed to make the necessary changes without first letting the thread know. Thank you!
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

Editor for Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Black Bullet, Mondaiji, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet, StB
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Hello, question about v1c5:
“I see. The sun is going to sink so, be careful.”

“Fight, Miyabi.”

“Un………Thank you, Kokonoe-kun, Miyabi-chan.”

After nodding to us, Hotaka jogged outside.
The one saying the last line is Hotaka, and Yurie is the one saying the second line. So is it supposed to be Yurie-chan (or her difficult last name) instead of Miyabi-chan?
Don't want to fix this without confirming with raw.
BionicMeerkat wrote:Hi! I want to thank the translators for their hard work on the light novels. It is thanks to you guys that everyone else can enjoy the contents of the light novels and for that I thank you. I first learned of Absolute Duo from Batoto and thought it was an interesting. I then found out that the light novels were being translated, and I would like to contribute to the project as an editor. I had noticed some typos within Chapter 1 of Volume 2, but I'm not sure whether I would be allowed to make the necessary changes without first letting the thread know. Thank you!
There's basically two kinds of editor that I see - either official editors or passerbys. The difference I see between them is that official editors rectifies translation errors/inaccuracies but passerbys often fix typos and sometimes sentence flows. I always try to fix minor typos here and there but I'm not good enough to officially edit a work :s
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

acolyte wrote:There's basically two kinds of editor that I see - either official editors or passerbys. The difference I see between them is that official editors rectifies translation errors/inaccuracies but passerbys often fix typos and sometimes sentence flows. I always try to fix minor typos here and there but I'm not good enough to officially edit a work :s
That is some useful information regarding editors, so I thank you for that! Yeah I'm currently just making edits like typos, sentence structures, comma usage, etc. I know that I'm probably never gonna be a Project Supervisor or something along those lines due to not having any knowledge of Japanese, but I do have an interest in smoothing out the chapters if they have issues like that. I'm still new to editing/proofreading so I still have a ways to go but I hope to one day see my name under the Active Editors you normally see near the end of the light novels page. :D
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

This sounds like we're awesome of some kind. Are we awesome? :shock: And do I actually have responsibilities? Seriously, don't be too stiff on this, you're ruining our bad reputation. :mrgreen:
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Hahaha I would say that yeah you guys are awesome. I mean shout out to the translators who work hard to allow the rest of us enjoy the light novels, but the editors/proofreaders help make sure the text is legible and not having any glaring problems. I think it is worth a cheer or two :D

RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Editors watch out for Glock17's edits. Watch out when he changes Name, the question marks and exclamation marks and sentence structure. If the sentence still has the same meaning then it is still okay.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I deleted all the off-topic posts that ended up demotivating our translator and a few of us, starting from the first originating post. As I mentioned before a few times, translator morale is of my utmost concern. If translators want to provide schedules or estimated translated dates, they will tend to put it up on their wiki user page or the project discussion page. If they aren't there, then they won't be provided. Further posts asking for dates might just get deleted without warning.

Please keep discussion to the novel itself.

Thanks!
trabar
Astral Realm

Post by trabar »

Okay, just to motivate the translators then, here's an extremely happy lurker who wants to thank everyone a bunch for all the hard work they put in this :D
Just created an account, but yeah. I recently finished my first semester japanese (studying for exams atm), so I might be able to help out in a while. Still gonna be a while though :)
Kuratatsu
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Kuratatsu »

I also want to thank Riki for translating this awesome ln, I finally got time to try it out, I only read the first 3 chapters but it's very amazing so far. You got good taste in lns Riki :lol:
Oh and also thanks to Code-Zero too, you guys rock.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Okay~~ I will be restarting this tomorrow. Sooo any editors left alive here?
michaelman90
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by michaelman90 »

Thanks for your work Riki. I'm not an official editor or anything, but if people are allowed to make changes to small spelling and grammatical errors at their leisure then I could correct anything I see, though I'm not much of a nitpicker.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

michaelman90 wrote:Thanks for your work Riki. I'm not an official editor or anything, but if people are allowed to make changes to small spelling and grammatical errors at their leisure then I could correct anything I see, though I'm not much of a nitpicker.
okay.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Another chapter completed. Volume 2 near to completion thanks to Riki. :)

Return to “English”