Kenshin no Keishousha

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Kenshin no Keishousha

Post by Rohan123 »

lyndover wrote:
Rohan123 wrote: Well, you can edit if you get time. No matter how much, every bit of help is always appreciated. :)
And if you do decide to edit, just go here, add your name under the 'Editors' list and you're good to go. Just edit whichever chapter you want, whenever you want/get time. But make sure to familiarise yourself with the General Format/Style guidelines(the link is on the project page) so that you don't get on the bad side of any translator/other editors. :lol:
Also, try your best not to change the meanings of the text, unless it's absolutely necessary, in which case message someone in charge(Supervisor, translator, other editors) to discuss the situation before making the edit.

Good luck. :wink:

id really like to help.. but im having trouble in creating my own account.. what's this open proxy all about.. i looked it up in the internet for fine solutions.. but nothing helps at all...!

wondering if u know what to do about this? id gladly appreciate it.. :)
If you mean that you cannot create an account because your IP is listed as open proxy, then go here and discuss it.
TJP1600
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TJP1600 »

Please do not just add your name to the editors list willy-nilly. Generally, it'd be better to contribute an adequate amount first before doing so since there are many who just edit a few things and disappear forever after that. At least that's how I think of it.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

TJP1600 wrote:Please do not just add your name to the editors list willy-nilly. Generally, it'd be better to contribute an adequate amount first before doing so since there are many who just edit a few things and disappear forever after that. At least that's how I think of it.
Well, maybe you can let them add their name to the list and then make contributions? :lol:
IMO some people feel more motivated to edit a series if their name is on the project's editor list. Plus, you can always remove them from the editor list if they haven't made any noticeable contributions to the project after a certain period of time has passed since the last translation update.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Rohan123 wrote:
TJP1600 wrote:Please do not just add your name to the editors list willy-nilly. Generally, it'd be better to contribute an adequate amount first before doing so since there are many who just edit a few things and disappear forever after that. At least that's how I think of it.
Well, maybe you can let them add their name to the list and then make contributions? :lol:
IMO some people feel more motivated to edit a series if their name is on the project's editor list. Plus, you can always remove them from the editor list if they haven't made any noticeable contributions to the project after a certain period of time has passed since the last translation update.
+1 TJP
+0 Rohan

The list will just go on increasing if they add their names. (Nobody erases their name if 'wish to quit)
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

I said it because I saw that it had virtually no regular editors working on the project, besides TJP himself.
And I meant that the supervisor/translator/editor could remove the names of inactive editors, I don't trust people to remove their names themselves either :lol:
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Let the interested take permission from the translator. Else scrap the names. At later stage, this Will become a requisite.
TJP1600
Project Translator

Post by TJP1600 »

Rohan123 wrote:I said it because I saw that it had virtually no regular editors working on the project, besides TJP himself.
And I meant that the supervisor/translator/editor could remove the names of inactive editors, I don't trust people to remove their names themselves either :lol:
It's not just me by myself. I have people who help me with translating questions and point out my errors (however I'm the one who goes in to edit in their suggestions for the most part, which I actually prefer this method) and they don't care at all about taking credit or being on the editors list. I appreciate your concern but I'm not exactly desperate for help.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

But your TLns looks like they don't require much from editors. Atleast after it is posted here.

*My thoughts*
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ne#Editors, number 5.

Required reading for all prospective editors. You don't want to become another project killer, do you?
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Rohan123 wrote:I said it because I saw that it had virtually no regular editors working on the project, besides TJP himself.
no dude...they wont scrap.trust me[??]
they'll just create an '''INACTIVE''' subsections in the editors sections...and they'll then hog the credit,all of it..slowly,but surely..like a snake....
yea...they'll never go..and start to act all familiar with u,then they want the tl'ed part in advance than the rest of the people...and...then they'll pest u for spoilers and if u dont answer..they start act---
Back on topic...
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

TheCatWalk wrote:
no dude...they wont scrap.trust me[??]
they'll just create an '''INACTIVE''' subsections in the editors sections...and they'll then hog the credit,all of it..slowly,but surely..like a snake....
yea...they'll never go..and start to act all familiar with u,then they want the tl'ed part in advance than the rest of the people...and...then they'll pest u for spoilers and if u dont answer..they start act---
Back on topic...
I see some repressed memories there.
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Long story short, don't go doing things on your own liberty, let peachy decides it.
Patron God of NTRed
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

cramped wrote:Long story short, don't go doing things on your own liberty, let peachy decides it.
thanks you very much for saying something we all wanted to but couldnt say nyaa~ 8)
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lyndover
Kyonist

Post by lyndover »

TJP1600 wrote:
It's not just me by myself. I have people who help me with translating questions and point out my errors (however I'm the one who goes in to edit in their suggestions for the most part, which I actually prefer this method) and they don't care at all about taking credit or being on the editors list. I appreciate your concern but I'm not exactly desperate for help.
i can see that my help isn't really needed.. the quality of the translation's good.. guess i'll remove my name.. im in high spirits since yesterday cause of this.. but ill try to help as much as i can in the shadows..
hayashi_s wrote:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ne#Editors, number 5.

Required reading for all prospective editors. You don't want to become another project killer, do you?
this link helped me a lot.. gotta cram this in my head :idea:
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Pretty lengthy chapter. How many pages was it?

Return to “English”