Kenshin no Keishousha

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kenshin no Keishousha

Post by hayashi_s »

This is the feedback thread for http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Keishousha

Let us know what you think of the project.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kenshin no Keishousha

Post by denormative »

First reaction was "'Swordies' is 'terribad'.". But given the 'Swordia' and similar terminology it doesn't look like you can actually make it sound something a little more elegant in English like 'Wielders'. :(

Other then that, looks interesting, especially given the genre tags on baka-updates. :)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
TJP1600
Project Translator

Post by TJP1600 »

Omg I love this series dearly but I hate the terms so much ("dirty little Swordies"), makes me want to quit translating but Sefi is so cute <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Omg I think im pulling a Seitsuki here but over Sefi.
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

Swordie is the furigana given. I know it's super bad and awkward but there's nothing we can do about it except shake our fists at the author for coming up with a terrible, terrible name.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

hayashi_s wrote:Swordie is the furigana given.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. :(
hayashi_s wrote:I know it's super bad and awkward but there's nothing we can do about it except shake our fists at the author for coming up with a terrible, terrible name.
I can see how it could be formed, since it's a diminutive and sounds 'cute'. Which means it might cause problems whenever there's 'dramatic' text involving it.

I wonder if it's worth using "translator's fiat" and 'fixing' it. What Kanji is it highlighting? Maybe just using the romaji of that (or even an English translation) instead will fulfil the 'exoticness' quota that the 'swordies' term was supposed to represent in the original Japanese.

It's not as if this situation is a unique case here. Kadi (if I remember correctly) is still planning on going on a rampage and fixing where Campione! uses 'miko' to reference western-witches for instance. :)
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

ok,i like that main heroine blond BUT there is just one thing i'd like to ask..............
Spoiler! :
....volume 4....did he just...did he just majorly,i mean...that illustration...NOOOOOOOOO00000oooooooooo >.<
MY DELICACY CANT TAKE IT NO MORE NYAAA~
[WHYYYY!!!...fk everything......in any case,there is one thing i can say with absolute confidence....the Harem+Ecchiness here is EXTREMELY similar to campione's.....yea..............................................................................................................-sobs- damnit....well,i like campione a lot so i might like this but as u people know...my drive for main heroines are exceptional...and..and....damnit color illustrations!!!!!that **** with the wing hairclip who seems to be the main love rival...her name's rinne..theres that sakurai hinako maid-chan..and...Sefi my looove <3 sooo damn adorable..i just wanna kidnap her and abuse her.....
p.s.-->i am into busty blondes]
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

TJP1600 wrote:Omg I love this series dearly but I hate the terms so much ("dirty little Swordies"), makes me want to quit translating but Sefi is so cute <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Omg I think im pulling a Seitsuki here but over Sefi.
You should change "Sefi" to "Sefie" in accordance to the rest of the novel.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

hayashi_s wrote:Swordie is the furigana given.
Having now actually looked at the Japanese version I see what you mean. :(

Maybe just drop the 'e' for 'Swordi'? It looks less like it's trying to be English then so doesn't (well to me at least) come off as ugly.
lil rob
Astral Realm

Post by lil rob »

oh man i cant wait for this series to start being translated and als can you guys out this series on bala tsuki app reader because i would love to see it there please or update the app so we can see it there
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

lil rob wrote:oh man i cant wait for this series to start being translated and als can you guys out this series on bala tsuki app reader because i would love to see it there please or update the app so we can see it there
You can find this project on the reader app. Just search under the "Teaser Projects" category and you should find it.
lil rob
Astral Realm

Post by lil rob »

Rohan123 wrote:
lil rob wrote:oh man i cant wait for this series to start being translated and als can you guys out this series on bala tsuki app reader because i would love to see it there please or update the app so we can see it there
You can find this project on the reader app. Just search under the "Teaser Projects" category and you should find it.
i did and i even refreshed the app but still no dice
garry
Astral Realm

Post by garry »

hahahaha read the manga and cracked up on "swordies". well it supposed to be a demeaning name to the people of swordia and i think it serves its purpose. Keep up the translation because i like the mc and it has potential for now :3
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

garry wrote:hahahaha read the manga and cracked up on "swordies". well it supposed to be a demeaning name to the people of swordia and i think it serves its purpose. Keep up the translation because i like the mc and it has potential for now :3
and now.....its swordian damnit..................
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

TheCatWalk wrote:
garry wrote:hahahaha read the manga and cracked up on "swordies". well it supposed to be a demeaning name to the people of swordia and i think it serves its purpose. Keep up the translation because i like the mc and it has potential for now :3
and now.....its swordian damnit..................
I think it's for the best since 'swordie' sounds cute and would be out-of-place in dramatic situations.
For me, 'swordian' sounds better.
Azyrion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Azyrion »

Rohan123 wrote:
I think it's for the best since 'swordie' sounds cute and would be out-of-place in dramatic situations.
For me, 'swordian' sounds better.
Totally agree with you on that point.

I'm really looking forward to this one the manga really stimulated my interest.
lil rob wrote:
i did and i even refreshed the app but still no dice
Try refreshing the teaser list now. I at least have found it not long ago. And just in case it still doesn't appear, for whatever reason, you can still manually add it. Just put "Kenshin_no_Keishousha" in the page section and write "Kenshin no Keishousha" as the title.

Return to “English”