Magika No Kenshi To Basileus

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this translated?

I might want to translate this
7%
Yes
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please Give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 421

Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Magika No Kenshi To Basileus

Post by Tallion »

bakapervert wrote:Finally manage to fix my account in this forum. Guess I should say thanks for all the encouragement. Gotta ask a question to everyone though, I have sped up my translation, but does it lower the quality of my translation instead? What do you guys think?
Don't worry about that, you're doing great! The quality isn't top, but that's definitely not a problem because it's 100% understandable. Especially if you're doing this alone. I see 5 editors though...it says they're active, but with 5 people, editing shouldn't slow down the process at all.
I mean, you're translating a light novel and are translating as fast as the people translating web novels...

Check out gravitytales guys - they're translating chinese web novels. Zhang Long, Chaotic Sword God and Shadow Rouge are extremely epic. 2 of them are like a more realistic and badass SAO.

I have another question: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201310mahounoko/ ---> does anybody know the name of this LN or if you can read the name? xD looks interesting
Artemis1990
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Artemis1990 »

Tallion wrote:
bakapervert wrote:Finally manage to fix my account in this forum. Guess I should say thanks for all the encouragement. Gotta ask a question to everyone though, I have sped up my translation, but does it lower the quality of my translation instead? What do you guys think?
Don't worry about that, you're doing great! The quality isn't top, but that's definitely not a problem because it's 100% understandable. Especially if you're doing this alone. I see 5 editors though...it says they're active, but with 5 people, editing shouldn't slow down the process at all.
I mean, you're translating a light novel and are translating as fast as the people translating web novels...

Check out gravitytales guys - they're translating chinese web novels. Zhang Long, Chaotic Sword God and Shadow Rouge are extremely epic. 2 of them are like a more realistic and badass SAO.

I have another question: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201310mahounoko/ ---> does anybody know the name of this LN or if you can read the name? xD looks interesting

I... don't think promoting another translation group in a discussion thread of another translator's project is a good idea... probably just me but it just seem rather rude to the translator....

OT: Hel in Norse Mythology is not just name of a deity but also a location / realm. From my understanding, its an area in Niflheim, a realm of the death. Unlike Valhalla who is the honored place for warrior of honor and might, Nifleheim is the place for those who died without honor. Hel the deity is supposedly the ruler of that realm.

The second one... unfortunately I'm not sure... I'm reading it as Breaking the Bell... but I... think that doesn't make sense....
Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tallion »

Artemis1990 wrote: I... don't think promoting another translation group in a discussion thread of another translator's project is a good idea... probably just me but it just seem rather rude to the translator....

OT: Hel in Norse Mythology is not just name of a deity but also a location / realm. From my understanding, its an area in Niflheim, a realm of the death. Unlike Valhalla who is the honored place for warrior of honor and might, Nifleheim is the place for those who died without honor. Hel the deity is supposedly the ruler of that realm.

The second one... unfortunately I'm not sure... I'm reading it as Breaking the Bell... but I... think that doesn't make sense....
If they're not working on the same project, i don't think it's rude, besides, don't you think the translator might want to read too? The thing is, no matter how much stuff i find to read, it's never enough...i check for this LN's updates every day, though i read it only when a full chapter is up.
Think about it as promoting the web novels rather than the translation group, since i said 3 novels specifically.
Kyusen
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Campione!?
High School DXD
Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Post by Kyusen »

Hey ppl, just want to ask whether anyone knows how many volumes there are meant/going to be in total? I know that the author did say in either volume 1 or 2(can't remember which) that they were hoping to do at least 10 volumes, but due to the way the story seems to be going it feels like!e there might be more? (Or at least I'm hoping that there is going to be more).

Return to “English”