Magika No Kenshi To Basileus

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this translated?

I might want to translate this
7%
Yes
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please Give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 421

sprite7
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Magika No Kenshi To Basileus

Post by sprite7 »

First, thanks for the translations.

But why images quality so bad in the wiki? Just downloaded vol5 raw, it has 2000x1500 png color images, much better.
lilygel
Astral Realm

Post by lilygel »

manlyflower wrote:
lilygel wrote:Not an epic title, but it's pretty fun to read. I would like to help work on translating this but I have no idea where I can get pure text of this novel. I looked around and the only things I found were pdf/images. There's OCR but it takes a looooooooong time to process. The reason I prefer .txt is because I am not that proficient in reading so I need a bit of help with some machine translator to read the kanji for me. Also, I get disoriented reading the vertical right-to-left format of the scans. lol
I got used to reading left-to-right horizontal format of web novels.

Anyway, thanks for working on this, Bakapervert. More power~
Yeah, you're not going to find a txt file, that much is pretty certain. The most I can recommend is that you just do your best with the source and you'll get used to the vertical format eventually. I was like you at the start too, but reading it now feels as natural as reading horizontal text.
Since I was in no mood to read new web novels, I did try reading the scans and thankfully, this novel is not that hard to read. I do tend to skip the chants though and just read the narration that follows them. lol

KanjiTomo is my tomo. ;)
It eats a lot of memory, but I don't know any other way to get the reading and meaning of the words I don't know. I'm almost at the end of volume 06 and still having fun. I wonder how long it will last.
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

This might seriously be one of the best novels of its genre.
Spoiler! :
Not many series tame the Tsudere so fast or at all
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tallion »

Going to volume 6 already? AWESOME! I'm looking forward to it, because of the beach illustration xD
Woopsy
Astral Realm

Post by Woopsy »

Thank You for the awesome fast translations!!! I'm already looking forward to the next volumes!!!!
Sturer Emil
Astral Realm

Post by Sturer Emil »

Tyvm for translate this LN ,it's awesome and fun to read. BTW your translating speed is insane even though u r soloing :D
drahazed
Astral Realm

Post by drahazed »

So its pretty much agreed on that Bakapervert is the worlds first self aware translating A.I right? with the speed he translates I'm pretty sure he is.

Anyway thanks for your hard work
Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tallion »

So I guess this pause means you're reading Volume 10? :D
Artemis1990
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Artemis1990 »

Much thanks for the translation. Love this novel so much I'm checking it on daily basis :'D

About the last chapter. I have a tiiiiny knowledge of chinese due to brief studying and watching chinese movies :'D shénjīng bìng means more like "Are you're crazy / nuts?"
bakapervert
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by bakapervert »

Finally manage to fix my account in this forum. Guess I should say thanks for all the encouragement. Gotta ask a question to everyone though, I have sped up my translation, but does it lower the quality of my translation instead? What do you guys think?
IcePhantom
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Everything

Post by IcePhantom »

Chapter 4 - The Only Darkness in the World(3/5) of volume 7 has three translated parts, right?
When you click on the page, there are only 2 parts. Is there a mistake here?
bakapervert
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by bakapervert »

My mistake, I remember wrong about that one. There is still only two part. THe third part will be posted later today.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ID not in use »

bakapervert wrote:Finally manage to fix my account in this forum. Guess I should say thanks for all the encouragement. Gotta ask a question to everyone though, I have sped up my translation, but does it lower the quality of my translation instead? What do you guys think?
I've noticed more errors and that the language is rougher. Nothing that can't be worked out though.

This is from vol 7, chap 4 part 3:
Gate. A normal Haunted Ground wouldn’t get enclosed by a giant external wall until this far. From its remarkable danger, this gate was distinctive of this Grand Haunted Ground as if treating a stinky item by putting a lid on top of it.

Is "Gate." the way it opens?
Artemis1990
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Artemis1990 »

bakapervert wrote:Finally manage to fix my account in this forum. Guess I should say thanks for all the encouragement. Gotta ask a question to everyone though, I have sped up my translation, but does it lower the quality of my translation instead? What do you guys think?

Well... if it does, I can't say I notice it as much as native english speaker would so as far as I'm concerned, its not a problem :3

PS: About Zeus, I think the title "Rape God" makes sense. Mythological-wise, Zeus is a God with great lust, when he find a woman he fancy, he'd take her whether the woman wants to or not. He is that kind of God, which is bad news for the woman that are his "victim" due to Hera, Zeus' wife (and incidentally, Goddess of marriage) has jealousy problem and prone to deal out "punishment" toward the woman instead of Zeus.

All in all, I'm actually rather surprised that the author actually point-blank mention it in the series. Though I'm also impressed, a lot of the recent showing of Greek Mythology tend to show Zeus to be more... just and compasionate, it shows that the author really does his work with the research :D
Artemis1990
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Artemis1990 »

Double chapter update? CHRISTMAS HAS JUST COME EARLY!! 8D

Back on topic. Umm... I have to ask about the translator note... I thought Lotte has always called Yumeno with -oneesan suffix. At least I remember her calling her so as she ambushed her at the Student Council Room (or was it Kaori? yeah...) if its a translator error (or my error?), I don't think its such a big deal.

I think it makes sense somewhat that Lotte doesn't use the suffex till now, afterall Lotte is someone who always doubt others until proven otherwise. Unlike the residents of Witch Mansion, Yumeno was a near complete stranger so it's obvious that Lotte would distrust her somewhat. But now that Yumeno already came clean of herself (and her affection for Kazuki) then she is worthy of Lotte's trust thus the change to more affectionate suffix :)

Return to “English”