Kino no Tabi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

User753
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kino no Tabi: General

Post by User753 »

Sorry to interrupt the conversation. Here's the links to unrevised pdf of volume 10.
(Volume 10)(lite)(minimum)
Though I'm worried about chapter 7's format. Is it just like how it is posted in Untuned String's blog?

By the way, I'm wondering if the back cover is missing.
And.. I know it's trivial, but I'm wondering if you prefer the link to direct to the download page or to the view page? Maybe you prefer torrent? Though I think it's better for "bundle pack" and/or backup.
Sorry for earlier in the wiki's talk page. I didn't mean to offend. I temporarily lost my way to convey what I meant to words. Maybe because I was too used of speaking vaguely in facebook... Well, it's more like almost everything I want to say sounds offensive in my mind... What am I saying again...?
ellaservantes
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ellaservantes »

BloodyKitty wrote:
Rage_Ender wrote:Anyone who have read the volume 1 would they please kindly give me a summary of it filled with wonderful spoilers
Sadly I haven't read it either, wait until Ella come here and fill you with details. I suggest watching the anime version, all the stories in vol.1 have been animated. I can't check for the faithfulness of the anime adaptation of vol.1, but from what I heard it's quite faithful, with some slight changes.
Hi Rage_Ender, BloodyKitty :D

I'm working on the summary, just as BloodyKitty said. I thought I'd be done in hours but I was er...wrong (I'm using the Japanese version so it's almost as if I'm translating). I'm only two chapters away so hang on. It will be very, very rough and long though (imagine a badly written high school level synopsis).
User753 wrote:Sorry to interrupt the conversation. Here's the links to unrevised pdf of volume 10.
Though I'm worried about chapter 7's format. Is it just like how it is posted in Untuned String's blog?

By the way, I'm wondering if the back cover is missing.
And.. I know it's trivial, but I'm wondering if you prefer the link to direct to the download page or to the view page? Maybe you prefer torrent? Though I think it's better for "bundle pack" and/or backup.
Sorry for earlier in the wiki's talk page. I didn't mean to offend. I temporarily lost my way to convey what I meant to words. Maybe because I was too used of speaking vaguely in facebook... Well, it's more like almost everything I want to say sounds offensive in my mind... What am I saying again...?
Yep, it's really like that in the original.
The back cover is missing, at least from the scans... :(
Either way's fine with me. But um, the speed by which my torrent downloads is pathetic, so I think they're better for batch downloads.

Uh, I don't remember you saying anything offensive from any of our correspondences. In fact, you're way too polite all the time... Don't worry too much about it. So this is how you make hidden messages in the forums huh...
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Hi Rage_Ender, BloodyKitty :D

I'm working on the summary, just as BloodyKitty said. I thought I'd be done in hours but I was er...wrong (I'm using the Japanese version so it's almost as if I'm translating). I'm only two chapters away so hang on. It will be very, very rough and long though (imagine a badly written high school level synopsis).
Thank you very much.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
User753
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

ellaservantes wrote:Yep, it's really like that in the original.
Either way's fine with me. But um, the speed by which my torrent downloads is pathetic, so I think they're better for batch downloads.

Uh, I don't remember you saying anything offensive from any of our correspondences. In fact, you're way too polite all the time... Don't worry too much about it. So this is how you make hidden messages in the forums huh...
I see. But first, let me get the hang of making it first. It won't be funny if I said that I have made it, but I forgot to put at least a functional tracker for it... ^^.

A-am I? Thank goodness that I'm only imagining it. Since I think I've been acting quite rude lately... And yes, at least before the background changed a little. Now, it's either that one, this, or #ebeadd for quoting.
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Post by ellaservantes »

I doubt you can derive any enjoyment from this synopsis, but anyway, here it is...

I'm sorry it took so long, and that it turned out to be a huge block of text...T_T
To compensate for the wordiness, I added the gorgeous TOC images that Tokyopop did not use in their release. :D (I do hope this is allowed though...)
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Post by ellaservantes »

User753 wrote:
ellaservantes wrote:Yep, it's really like that in the original.

I see. But first, let me get the hang of making it first. It won't be funny if I said that I have made it, but I forgot to put at least a functional tracker for it... ^^.

A-am I? Thank goodness that I'm only imagining it. Since I think I've been acting quite rude lately... And yes, at least before the background changed a little. Now, it's either that one, this, or #ebeadd for quoting.
Good luck! Ah, so hiding the text is done by blending the font color with the background... I see, I see... :)
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

ellaservantes wrote:I doubt you can derive any enjoyment from this synopsis, but anyway, here it is...

I'm sorry it took so long, and that it turned out to be a huge block of text...T_T
To compensate for the wordiness, I added the gorgeous TOC images that Tokyopop did not use in their release. :D (I do hope this is allowed though...)
Thanks for providing us with the synopsis. :)
User753
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

ellaservantes wrote:I doubt you can derive any enjoyment from this synopsis, but anyway, here it is...

Thank you very much for the synopsis. It's wonderfully done... Wait, so the English version don't have TOC images? Do they replace it or outright remove it?

By the way, here are the PDFs for volume 10 with back cover included:
Usually this text will be looked at after the text inside the spoiler tag is read. While using font size smaller than normal (well, at least lower than 53% of normal size, or 75% when tired) only serve to hurts the eyes. Though putting it this way reminds me of the old "choose your own path" adventure book.
My apology for just finishing it now... I forgot to bring my laptop when I went out of town last week. If only I had known that there'd be a complementary wifi password included...
ellaservantes wrote:Good luck! Ah, so hiding the text is done by blending the font color with the background... I see, I see... :)
Thank you very much. Well, that's what I know. Since putting:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler tag mostly serve as a big red button that's begging to be pushed. Even thought I put my hidden reply just below the url link.
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Post by ellaservantes »

User753 wrote: Thank you very much for the synopsis. It's wonderfully done... Wait, so the English version don't have TOC images? Do they replace it or outright remove it?

By the way, here are the PDFs for volume 10 with back cover included:
Usually this text will be looked at after the text inside the spoiler tag is read. While using font size smaller than normal (well, at least lower than 53% of normal size, or 75% when tired) only serve to hurts the eyes. Though putting it this way reminds me of the old "choose your own path" adventure book.
My apology for just finishing it now... I forgot to bring my laptop when I went out of town last week. If only I had known that there'd be a complementary wifi password included...
ellaservantes wrote:Good luck! Ah, so hiding the text is done by blending the font color with the background... I see, I see... :)
Thank you very much. Well, that's what I know. Since putting:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler tag mostly serve as a big red button that's begging to be pushed. Even thought I put my hidden reply just below the url link.
Thanks again... Well, that's another range of issues some fans have with the TP version: 1. The cover was changed. 2. The color illustrations, including the TOC, are removed entirely. (Maybe they decided to stick with a monochromatic theme?) and 3. The chapter openers became uh... about 1/36 their original size, and cloned six times (so each one ended up resembling a film reel).

Thanks for the volume 10 edits. The links were already updated! :D

I totally agree with the spoiler button. I was never able to restrain myself from clicking one, ever. Yes, you're right. I didn't see the hidden message, and would never have if I didn't click the spoiler tag, which proves your point. LOL
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

ellaservantes wrote: I totally agree with the spoiler button. I was never able to restrain myself from clicking one, ever. Yes, you're right. I didn't see the hidden message, and would never have if I didn't click the spoiler tag, which proves your point. LOL
Can't say that I ever passed any spoiler tag without opening it either... :|
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Post by ellaservantes »

Rohan123 wrote: Thanks for providing us with the synopsis. :)
You're very welcome! Hope it helped... :)
Rohan123 wrote: Can't say that I ever passed any spoiler tag without opening it either... :|
I thought I was the only one... :lol:
Thatman
Astral Realm

Post by Thatman »

Anyone want to change the old cover with the new ones?
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Post by ellaservantes »

Thatman wrote:Anyone want to change the old cover with the new ones?
Personally, I want to display the old and the new covers side by side... :D
But there are still no high-res scans of the new covers available :(
handsfeet
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kino no Tabi

Post by handsfeet »

Holy shit, this series is so good!
I hadn´t read it ´cuz of the issue with volume 1 being licensed, but I managed to find the scanned first book and then downloaded the summary (I love you now, ellaservantes) from BT and learned the original chapter reading order (I really don´t get why they "made it linear" in the english release; are people on this side dumber or something?).
The first novel made this one of my favorite series and the second volume was also amazing - I got the PDF at BT (user753, I´d like to kiss you now as well - I´ll go ahead and get volume 3).
I also have a hunch ellaservantes is the same person as the translator Ella named on the page, why could that be? XP Anyway, I´d just like to thank the translator for updating these and I look forward to reading even more of this awesome series. As thanks, I´ll tell you all something amazing: KINO IS A GIRL! XD But seriously, it took me quite some time before I noticed; that was some messed up gender-bending, though I guess it just gives the already great story an even better touch! :D
ellaservantes
Kyonist

Re: Kino no Tabi

Post by ellaservantes »

handsfeet wrote:Holy shit, this series is so good!
I hadn´t read it ´cuz of the issue with volume 1 being licensed, but I managed to find the scanned first book and then downloaded the summary (I love you now, ellaservantes) from BT and learned the original chapter reading order (I really don´t get why they "made it linear" in the english release; are people on this side dumber or something?).
The first novel made this one of my favorite series and the second volume was also amazing - I got the PDF at BT (user753, I´d like to kiss you now as well - I´ll go ahead and get volume 3).
I also have a hunch ellaservantes is the same person as the translator Ella named on the page, why could that be? XP Anyway, I´d just like to thank the translator for updating these and I look forward to reading even more of this awesome series. As thanks, I´ll tell you all something amazing: KINO IS A GIRL! XD But seriously, it took me quite some time before I noticed; that was some messed up gender-bending, though I guess it just gives the already great story an even better touch! :D
Ack... only saw this today... T_T

I'm glad you're loving the series! And yup, ellaservantes and Ella are one and the same (I just realized a few seconds after signing up that I chose quite an awkward username, so I shortened it to Ella...XD)

Please do look forward to future translations (though they're sparse and subpar :oops:)

Return to “English”