Juuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir)

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Jyuuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir)" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
No votes
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 67

trowgundam
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Oreimo

Re: Jyuuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir)

Post by trowgundam »

ID not in use wrote:
trowgundam wrote:I decided to read this after enjoying the anime, and I've ended up a bit mad at the anime. So many things were left out or changed. If some of it wasn't key to the story it wouldn't be a big deal, but some of it was. Anyways, I can't wait to read more. Good job translator and please please keep up the great work. Matter of fact my thanks to all that have worked on or contributed to this work thus far.
It's the same with any anime. In order to cram as much of the story as they can into as few episodes as they can, they drop anything that will slow down the pace.
I realize that, but some adaptations are more faithful than others. Take DanMachi (Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon) for example. I've read the first two volumes and while the Anime did leave out a couple things none of it was of much importance. Sword Art Online was also a fairly faithful adaptation as well. With this story the stuff missing makes some parts of the Anime kind of confusing. It also undermines some of the events later on. This will make it more difficult to keep faithful if it gets another season. I still enjoyed the Anime, but the books have made me love the series and promoted it to one absolute favorites.
Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tallion »

It's the same with any anime. In order to cram as much of the story as they can into as few episodes as they can, they drop anything that will slow down the pace.[/quote]
I realize that, but some adaptations are more faithful than others. Take DanMachi (Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon) for example. I've read the first two volumes and while the Anime did leave out a couple things none of it was of much importance. Sword Art Online was also a fairly faithful adaptation as well. With this story the stuff missing makes some parts of the Anime kind of confusing. It also undermines some of the events later on. This will make it more difficult to keep faithful if it gets another season. I still enjoyed the Anime, but the books have made me love the series and promoted it to one absolute favorites.[/quote]

Woah, where did you read Dungeon ni deai...? It isn't on baka :(
There's so many light novels i'd like to read , but they're not translated or i can't find them anywhere...I wan't to read Mahou Sensou and No game no life so much - i watched the anime (magical warfare) and it ends with such a cliffhanger...
Btw, any idea when Volume 8 will be translated? Will it be in chapters or all at once?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Tallion wrote:Woah, where did you read Dungeon ni deai...? It isn't on baka :(
There's so many light novels i'd like to read , but they're not translated or i can't find them anywhere...I wan't to read Mahou Sensou and No game no life so much
Danmachi has volume 1 and volume 2 in both print and kindle form from Yen Press. Similarly, vol 1 for No Game No Life.
mvandii
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Unlimited Fafnir
Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru soudesu yo
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Sorry

Post by mvandii »

I wanted to tell Entropy and the rest who are working on Unlimited Fafnir sorry for linking epubs to the wiki, i jumped the gun and only recently found this forum, I'm sorry entropy for you having to clean up my mistake. i removed all the epubs i linked on the sit and will formally ask for now on. i do not have internet normally, so id most of my stuff offline.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Go to the PDF/appreciation forum then either create or use an existing thread.

In the case of Unlimited Fafnir, a thread exists already:
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... 73&t=11062
Kazuto12
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Juuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir)

Post by Kazuto12 »

i love this series although its anime adaptation was not that good.My thanks to all that have worked on or contributed to this work thus far.
Arez
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by Arez »

Ahhh.. I wanna ask something to Entropy-san
that horned girl in vol.2. her name is Tia Lightning or Tear Lightning ? :roll: I don't know the real one but if you translate it directly from RAW then.
please answer this, I still translate it to Alternative Languange :D

coz in indonesian sub when the anime was airing she called Tear 8)
There are many ways to solve the conflict one of them is LOVE
Eventhough I never feel that way ,curse U fuc*ing JONES
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Arez wrote:Ahhh.. I wanna ask something to Entropy-san
that horned girl in vol.2. her name is Tia Lightning or Tear Lightning ?
Edit: Ignore my old post (in spoiler tag below) and refer to zzhk's answer 2 posts down.
Spoiler! :
The answer is neither, her name is "ティア・ライトニング". Alright, that "correct" answer aside, for an answer more in line with what you're looking for, I'm obviously not Entropy, but I think I can refer you to Entropy's opinion.

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... on=history
THIS is why "Tear" should be spelt "Tia" instead. "Tear as in Tiamat" would sound stupid in English
And there's also the fact that Entropy has been using "Tia". I'd personally guess that's a pretty good indicator of which one Entropy thinks is right too, at least in English.
Arez
Mikuru's Master

Post by Arez »

when you use those kanji words i can't read it :(
Spoiler! :
so i copy it to google translate \ :D /
so her real name is Tia Lightning...
ahh .. thanks, finally I can continue translate it thanks to you Chtaeh-san
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

The illustrations use "Tear Lightning" so no, "Tear" would actually be the official spelling.

However, "Tear" is a terrible name to use in English because it looks like a common noun or a verb and sounds nowhere like "Tiamat" which is where it's supposed to come from.

If the word "Tear" doesn't have any special meanings in your own language, you can probably go with the "official" spelling. You'd still need a heavy Japanese accent to make "Tear" sound anything like the beginning of "Tiamat."
Arez
Mikuru's Master

Post by Arez »

so the official name is "Tear Lightning" ? :shock:

it doesn't has special meaning anyway.. ok then I will use Tear Lightning.. Thanks for the answer... :D
Tallion
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tallion »

So the prologue and the 13% of the 1st chapter are teasers?

Return to “English”