Endless Eight, not Endless August

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Endless Eight, not Endless August

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I didn't even noticed someone has begun working on this chapter. Keep up the good work!

On the other hand, the original Japanese title for this エンドレスエイト clearly reads "Endless Eight", not "Endless August". The former sounds better, since both words begins with the letter "E". I've made adjustment concerning the titles in the wiki already.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I guess someone thought it was a reference to the Eighth month, a.k.a August. :lol:

Which it probably does, but because it isn't written in Kanji, and only in Katakana, then i suppose it should be taken litereally?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

It just got switched back to "Endless August" :shock: Personally I think "Endless Eight" should be used (since it's the title in the book after all :P )
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

Ok, I will have it adjusted. The issue is that the Chinese variation decides to take 8 in terms of August (not that it lacks merit)
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

The title might also be referring to the infinity symbol ∞. Another double meaning, probably :D

I also found that it's the title of two pieces by Peter Eötvös. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_E%C3%B6tv%C3%B6s
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

GDsMDDLFNGR wrote:The title might also be referring to the infinity symbol ∞. Another double meaning, probably :D

I also found that it's the title of two pieces by Peter Eötvös. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_E%C3%B6tv%C3%B6s
Hey, nice catch, we should mention this in the chapter talk page. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
BlckKnght
Astral Realm

Post by BlckKnght »

Well, seeing this discussion, both Velocity7 and I more or less simultaneously had the idea of moving the chapter to the correct page name (great minds think alike?).

Anyway, he was a bit qucker on the draw, and copied the page contents over. Unfortunately, that does not bring the editing history along with it. I tried to clean things up by moving pages around, but it seems I can't get it to work correctly with regular user permissions (because I cannot delete the existing page).

After my half-failed attempts to fix things up "Suzumiya Haruhi:Volume5 Endless Eight" is now a redirect to the old page at "Suzumiya Haruhi:Volume5 Endless August". Would a wiki admin please delete the redirect page (along with the "Suzumiya Haruhi:Volume5 Endless Eight (dup)" page I foolishly created) so the chapter can be moved properly?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like Velocity7's taken care of it already. Nifty.
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

Yeah, fixed it. :)

I was surprised to find I had admin-like privileges.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

velocity7 wrote:Yeah, fixed it. :)

I was surprised to find I had admin-like privileges.
You don't like? :cry:

I can take it away if you want..... :P

@Onizukademongto
saner
Astral Realm

Post by saner »

Hello, I wonder when translation of this chapter will be finished?
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

It'll be done when it's done. Working on this is a hobby, so it'll be done whenever the translator feels like it :shock:.
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

I am sorry for my long absence.
Now going to get back to it. Summer is over already ><. Ironically now I am thinking of the story premise of Endless Eight in the utter irony of the situation.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

lol.

Welcome back shiro.

hope you had a good holiday.

8)

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Welcome back, I was just about getting busy with my life while contemplating whether to take over your work. I'm glad you've returned now.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I honestly think the situation they are put into is a pure Horror.
I mean, Fifteen-thousand four hundred ninety-eight times. That's truly insane.
And Nagato's calmness is rather amazing.

Return to “Volume 5 - The Rampage of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第五巻: 涼宮ハルヒの暴走”