Haruhi and Mahjong.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Haruhi and Mahjong.

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

I don't play Mahjong, so here goes:

"カラオケもいいけど、ひさしぶりに麻雀したいわ。レートはピンのワンスリーでルールはアリアリ、でも真面目に手作りしたいからチップとご祝儀はなしね。国士十三面四暗刻単騎はダブル役満でいいわよね?"

Ok. I can take the names of those specific terms and stick them in but honestly, that would sound kinda awkward. Any suggestion?
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Can't it be english mahjong? I'm no good with kanji
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

"Even Karaoke is fine, but we haven't had play Mahjong for such a long time. The bet is three times the number of tiles, and anything goes, but I want to do major tiles, so there's no need to chip or need to add points. We will decide based on the final points. Kokushi Shisan-men and Su-ankou Tanki on Yakuman alright?" (note: Japanese Mahjong terminologies are unique)

That is how I translated this currently. I don't know of the equivalence in English for those terms... or if I am describing correctly.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

国士十三面 = One of each wind (東,西,南,北), 中, 發, white tile, 一萬, 九萬 (character suit), 一索, 九索 (bamboo suit), 一筒, 九筒 (circle suit)

Thirteen Unique Wonders / The Thirteen Odds

四暗刻単騎 = Three of each wind, one thing, pick up something to make it pair.
All hidden.

Four Large Blessings / Four Large Lucks

Can also just be 3 something, 3 something, 3 something, 3 something and a pair, but that doesn't sound as good..^^

Return to “Volume 5 - The Rampage of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第五巻: 涼宮ハルヒの暴走”