Snow Mountain Syndrome COMPLETE!!!

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cotton
Astral Realm

Snow Mountain Syndrome COMPLETE!!!

Post by cotton »

I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking Shiratoriryuuko for his heroic effort in completing this enormous story in what must be record-breaking time.

You've done a smashing job, and we're all in your debt.

Well done Shiratoriryuuko!
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

due credits must be given to the editors though, they're the ones that are cleaning up all of this.
Tonberry50
Astral Realm

Post by Tonberry50 »

thanks tough the history leaves some holes like who the hell made the house appear etc it is a very good story and very large
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Awesome job, dude! That was so fast!
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Really well done job man, it's really appreciated... Now I gotta get to editing it >_<......
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

My sister sneaked her way into Asahina-san's room just like that and left Shamisen with me. Just as I was trying to find a rare chance to have somebody else spend the night with this bright feline –

"Thank you for your goodwill, but I have not the patience to take care of a talking cat."

Koizumi hit me with a soft nail while Nagato stared at the eyelashes of the Calico for about thirty seconds –

"No need."

I found that a bit confusing at first. The sentence "just as I was" should refer to the people he was talking to, or something that proceded it. At first I thought it was Tsuruya-san who was saying that, didnt really fit though.

Another possible translation could be "Now I was trying to find a rare chance to have somebody else spend the night with this bright feline –"

Or something.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Anonymous wrote:My sister sneaked her way into Asahina-san's room just like that and left Shamisen with me. Just as I was trying to find a rare chance to have somebody else spend the night with this bright feline –

"Thank you for your goodwill, but I have not the patience to take care of a talking cat."

Koizumi hit me with a soft nail while Nagato stared at the eyelashes of the Calico for about thirty seconds –

"No need."

I found that a bit confusing at first. The sentence "just as I was" should refer to the people he was talking to, or something that proceded it. At first I thought it was Tsuruya-san who was saying that, didnt really fit though.

Another possible translation could be "Now I was trying to find a rare chance to have somebody else spend the night with this bright feline –"

Or something.
Until I started reading these translations, I don't think I ever fully appreciated how difficult it can be to phrase some things in the present tense.

How about...
"I set out to offer the others a rare chance to spend the night with this bright feline - " ?

Not ideal, but it's a little clearer. Anyhow, I'll make the edit, if anyone has a better take on the sentence feel free to change it.
Otanga
Astral Realm

Post by Otanga »

Amazing Job! Amazing indeed Thank you for your Good Work xD

BTW Haruhi was Jealous???? :?: or was she just Worried about Nagato?? =0
Xerain
Astral Realm

Post by Xerain »

Most likely jealous before hearing Kyon's fabricated explaination, then worried about Yuki after hearing it. Then of course when Yuki collapses, Haruhi probably felt the stress from Yuki's "family issues" was contributing to it.

Also, there was in indication earlier that Kyon was paying an abnormal amount of attention to Yuki. Koizumi kind of warns him when he asks "which Yuki are you looking at?" or what have you.
The_Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by The_Rectifier »

Great translating job, has anybody from your group ever considered being translators in real life?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I did have a login name but I forgot it and I didnt write it down anywhere, anyway.

Koizumi hit me with a soft nail..."

They dont seem to go together, mabey something like "Koizumi hit me with a soft nail "Thank you for your goodwill, but I have not the patience to take care of a talking cat," while Nagato stared at the eyelashes of the calico for about thirty seconds –"
Nyx
Astral Realm

Post by Nyx »

Thank so much
BTW
"I suppose that it has weakened."

What is it?

"Suzumiya-san's power. That and Nagato-san's data manipulation ability."

What are you talking about? I look at Koizumi. He shows that innocent smile of his.

"Suzumiya-san creating enclosed space has become less frequent, which I mentioned to you during Christmas. Almost in response to this, I feel that Nagato-san's... how do I put it? That air of being alien? Such a feeling or sign seems to have drastically decreased."
I wonder what will happen when both the God and Alien lose their power :roll:
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

excelent job

Return to “Volume 5 - The Rampage of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第五巻: 涼宮ハルヒの暴走”