High School DxD

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading High School DxD ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 6821

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: High School DxD

Post by Mystes »

Well, Code-Zero is indeed amazing. I mean, 2 chaps in like, 2 weeks.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

This was surprisingly good. A protagonist who is open about wanting a harem is pretty refreshing too. I'm wondering how his feelings will change as the series go on. No doubt they're going to introduce women who want to monopolize him coupled with retarded understandings, but the whole devel, angel, fallen angel backdrop is interesting enough to keep me wanting to read more.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Catchfraze wrote:This was surprisingly good. A protagonist who is open about wanting a harem is pretty refreshing too. I'm wondering how his feelings will change as the series go on. No doubt they're going to introduce women who want to monopolize him coupled with retarded understandings, but the whole devel, angel, fallen angel backdrop is interesting enough to keep me wanting to read more.
no it's not.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote: no it's not.
The first one that comes in my mind is Sugisaki. I don't remember others. :lol:
Kira0802

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

yes sugisaki is king.

I think hentai ooji is also one iirc? not too sure though.
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

larethian wrote:no it's not.
I guess I appreciate the fact that he openly stated he wants to make a harem and wasn't slapped by any of the female cast.
Spoiler! :
Also, aside from being murdered by his first girlfriend ever, there wasn't any slapstick involving misunderstanding with females at the level where he basically becomes their Mikuru.
The fact that he's open about wanting a harem may not be refreshing for you, but it is for me because as far as I can tell so far, the guy isn't being walked all over.
Spoiler! :
Given the reaction of the priest chick when he got the kiss on the forehead though
this is probably going to change into a situation where he adds more and more girls to his harem and then the misunderstandings and face slapping will start up.

Most of the series I have read have the guy acting like some sort of celibate buddah. The fact that he's honest about what he wants is nice for me.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Catchfraze wrote:
larethian wrote:no it's not.
I guess I appreciate the fact that he openly stated he wants to make a harem and wasn't slapped by any of the female cast.
Spoiler! :
Also, aside from being murdered by his first girlfriend ever, there wasn't any slapstick involving misunderstanding with females at the level where he basically becomes their Mikuru.
The fact that he's open about wanting a harem may not be refreshing for you, but it is for me because as far as I can tell so far, the guy isn't being walked all over.
Spoiler! :
Given the reaction of the priest chick when he got the kiss on the forehead though
this is probably going to change into a situation where he adds more and more girls to his harem and then the misunderstandings and face slapping will start up.

Most of the series I have read have the guy acting like some sort of celibate buddah. The fact that he's honest about what he wants is nice for me.
You need to read Seitokai. Sugisaki is king and he has very interesting reasons for creating a harem, even though I don't totally agree with them. :lol:
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Catchfraze wrote:This was surprisingly good. A protagonist who is open about wanting a harem is pretty refreshing too. I'm wondering how his feelings will change as the series go on. No doubt they're going to introduce women who want to monopolize him coupled with retarded understandings, but the whole devel, angel, fallen angel backdrop is interesting enough to keep me wanting to read more.
There is a novel series, made into a H-game or vice versa, not sure which came first... Written by the same author that wrote Kami-memo and many other series, mocking Christianity as always. It talks about how everyone has a tainted name of a fallen guardian angel. And there is a family where all are vampires, and the protagonist has a tainted name so problematic, it would kill him, and the family decided to cover this tainted name with many others, so the name is no longer available/readable. In order to gain the name of another, he would have to get the female sexually aroused. So when his seal was finally broken, he flirted with countless nuns before returning to Japan, his home country, to flirt with his sister, her maid, her classmate, princess of the country or something etc etc etc.

P.S. He does so openly.

シオンの血族 is the title of the novel. I think the novel came first, but I can't be 100% sure, since i think both were ongoing at the same time.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:You need to read Seitokai. Sugisaki is king and he has very interesting reasons for creating a harem, even though I don't totally agree with them. :lol:
You don't totally agree with him? I totally don't agree with him. :twisted: :lol:

Actually, I find him cooler than Issei. Though both aren't comparable since, one is S-o-L and other is fantastical.
Kira0802

EviL
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EviL »

i think ise's honest and that's his good point, because of this every girl will fall for him, since is a harem =P
and another interesting point in this novel is the protagonist development, he's begining as a simple pawn and now he's turning into a reliable guy,discovering he's own power, i think this is important in novels (and in manga too)

oh and i'm new in the forum and sorry for my english if i wrote something wrong since i'm brasilian and i'm still studing
well i'm looking forword to read the rest of this novel ;D
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

The problem with reading Seitokai is that no one is working on it.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Catchfraze wrote:The problem with reading Seitokai is that no one is working on it.
Must admit you're right.
Kira0802

j112
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by j112 »

I haven't read any of the seitokai books either, but its on my todo list... kindof, maybe in a couple months
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Seitokai is for my taste too much talk and nearly no action. (I think even Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is better even when they have nearly as much talk as Seitokai.)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
fazri
Astral Realm

Post by fazri »

by the way is this project will be continue?
i hope so because it's make me get addicted.
i hope update of translation will come out soon

Return to “High School DxD”