The Most Irresponsible Man in Space

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

Yes !
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason) !
No votes
No (Please give a reason !
No votes

Total votes: 9

SnyuUguu
Astral Realm

Re: The Most Irresponsible Man in Space

Post by SnyuUguu »

I was wondering if anyone knew where you could buy the Light novels, xD After watching the OVA's kinda left you hanging on a cliff hanger and I really couldn't find anything.

I've tried digging around I'm not that great with Japanese but some people said you could find them on Japanese Literature sites, but I really don't have any clue as for what are some Japanese Literature sites, nor am I really great for finding things, I usually just google since that's all I know how to do; I just feel really unsatisfied with how it ended would greatly appreciate help on finding the novels so I can purchase them.
Maulkin
Astral Realm

Most Irresponsible Man In Space

Post by Maulkin »

I was wondering if you could translate the most irresponsible man in space light novels because I just watched the anime series irresponsible captain tylor and wanted more but I can't find a translation of them or even the original Japanese of it, its only a small series of like 3 or 4 books but I would like to see it translated and would help in the translation if I could read Japanese but I can do proof reading and editing for proper grammar, sensibility etc what ever, but basicly just asking if anyone can translate this since I find it to be really interesting and the books take it further then the anime.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Most Irresponsible Man In Space

Post by rock96 »

Please, add more information such as synopsis, author of series and at least one illustration.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Most Irresponsible Man In Space

Post by Teh_ping »

Since there's a request, I merged the original topics here. (They were in the manga and novel section)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Was'nt that in the Manga+Novel Section just a discussion about the series?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Trilaanus
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Trilaanus »

I am starting to think I'll never be able to translate the novels. If anyone thinks they have what it takes I will provide page-by-page scans of the books and whatever else I can.
ninthlite
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ninthlite »

This is one of my favorite animes, the memories O*:
The 54 volumes are going to be yum yum in my mind mind.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Trilaanus wrote:I am starting to think I'll never be able to translate the novels. If anyone thinks they have what it takes I will provide page-by-page scans of the books and whatever else I can.
Ah, thats sad...

Darklor

Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Mh, translating is very hard and time-consuming, I understand your feeling, Japanese is no easy language. I can't even imagine trying to translate it after over 1 year and a half of courses. But if you decide to persevere, good luck! :)
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

One of my favorite animes too :)
callen
Astral Realm

the irresponsible man in space / captain tylor

Post by callen »

i found a thread about this before but i didnt see anything else so i wanted to ask myself.

there is an awesome anime called "the irresponsible captain tylor" which is based on a manga "love & war"
there are series of novels called: (copied from wikipedia)
The Most Irresponsible Man in Space (宇宙一の無責任男 Uchū Ichi no Musekinin Otoko)

its about a guy who wanted easy life and free stuff like apartment and food so he joined the army but with his luck streak he was promoted to captain of a spaceship.
but that spaceship is a wreck filled with the worst people in the military and that created the most free atmosphere.

anyone know if its translated already ? i gotta read it. it reminds me my service (only mine was even more extreme than this one)
Presstabstart
Astral Realm

Post by Presstabstart »

As a Tylor fan, I'd really like to see the books translated. I know a bunch of people who'd be glad to see this translated. Even if there's not a lot of hope at the moment, this is an amazing and unique series that definitely deserves a translation. Finding the scans of the light novels or even the books is very difficult for me. If anyone can scan, please, I'd be happy to receive them- especially the books.
gabgrave
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gabgrave »

I have managed to acquire the first 20 vols of this series. If anyone is interested in beginning translations please PM me.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

You wont do it yourself? :(

Darklor

gabgrave
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gabgrave »

I'll be busy for the next few years with Muv-Luv Chronicles, so I won't have time. I don't even have time to do the TL for Schwarzesmarken as it is. If I do have a break, I might do the first chapter as a teaser to gain more interest. No promises though.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”