Anime Spring 2012

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Spring 2012

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, the old problem of Japanese school uniforms having cuts that reveal too much...*sigh*
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

in the 2D realm, maybe. here in 3D, imo the main issue is with translucent blouses.. or maybe its just in tropical countries?? :?

btw.. is there anyone else who caught the slightest idea that we might not see KoreZon s3 after OTD ep10, or is it just me? :cry:
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, I got that feeling, too. Worry not though. This could just be another publicity stunt.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

ainsoph9 wrote:Yeah, the old problem of Japanese school uniforms having cuts that reveal too much...*sigh*
I don't know, when I was in Osaka last month most of the school girls I've seen wore knee-length skirts.

That's not to say I didn't get any eye-candy, it's just not as rampant as people would like to think it is.
shichinanatsu wrote: btw.. is there anyone else who caught the slightest idea that we might not see KoreZon s3 after OTD ep10, or is it just me? :cry:
Best not to overthink it too much when there's no news.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Much of the length of school girls' skirts depends on the school as well as a whole bunch of other factors. For example, certain clicks like to shorten their skirts while others lengthen them for rebellious reasons. Also, the length has been more or less influenced by external pressure from outside countries having a stigma about the indecency of such clothing, not to mention the fact the shorter skirts can be more provocative to perverts.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

ainsoph9 wrote:Much of the length of school girls' skirts depends on the school as well as a whole bunch of other factors. For example, certain clicks like to shorten their skirts while others lengthen them for rebellious reasons. Also, the length has been more or less influenced by external pressure from outside countries having a stigma about the indecency of such clothing, not to mention the fact the shorter skirts can be more provocative to perverts.
Right, but my point is that it's not really as common as people seem to think, at least not base on my experience.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I understand that. Part of the problem is that anime and Japanese pop culture tends to create myths about the Japanese and actual Japanese culture, although much of it is true. When I say "myths," I do not mean that it is not true or just out-and-out lies. Rather, I am referring more to exaggerations on reality or things that go through the rumor mill as wheat and out as flour. In all honesty, Japanese dress typically is much more professional than it is casual. You much more likely to see people wearing khakis/skirts/dresses and nice shirts over shorts/jeans and a T-shirt like you are here in the United States, especially among teens and 20s.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

@A-kun: uh, yeah, Saki's near-entire cast auto-voids the list.. :? :lol:

season-enders:
Recorder and Randsell:
Spoiler! :
i'm gonna miss those 3 minutes every friday midnight, more so that Summer/Q3 doesn't have plain comedy titles. still, it was good laugh worth 2 cours. :lol:
Aquarion EVOL:
Spoiler! :
uh, don't quite know what to say.. but at the end of it all, i guess i still felt happy seeing it end. why so? think of all the many anime that deserved sequels much more, yet vanished off into history.
KoreZon OTD:
Spoiler! :
here i was thinking we'd get somewhere action-wise, only to get a worrying hint that it maybe the end for the series' anime. in terms of comedy i was better off watching RecoRan and ACKC, so i had hoped to see some kick-ass. anyway, we'll see if there's more sometime next year. :?
Nyaruko:
Spoiler! :
don't have any LN knowledge on my belt, so i can't say much regarding canon. its one of those titles you remember fondly while airing, yet will probably forget soon after, barring any possible sequels of course. its good enough for a stand-alone, but i wouldn't mind an s2. 8)
that leaves acchi kocchi and sankarea..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, that is what a lot of other people were saying, even though Saki 2 is alright.

As for Nyaruko, I could go for season 2, just like I could go for season 3 of KoreZon.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

"Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A"

dafuq? That many?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It was probably a troll.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Sadden that the last two episodes of Kids On the Slope was rushed. It has a nice pace but to jammed pack to finish the material. The show deserves 26 episodes.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I felt that way throughout a lot of the series, but I have a hard time imagining 26 episodes, but I could see 13+OVA.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Finished Nyaruko.

My SAN level...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Animes”