After the anime, Games...?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: After the anime, Games...?

Post by ben1234 »

Kinect would be the last thing any franchise needs
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

I dunno guys, but I rather not see a SAO MMO, because:

1) MMO now days are generally need to match against WoW, and development cost/service cost for any startup is un-substainably high unless you have a huge playerbase...diffcult to achieve. (I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the storyline 10,000 people trapped in game. :lol: You couldn't even afford the networking cost with that many subscribers, and lack of subs means the game would die quickly, no wonder that mad designer had to use a death game to get people's attention)

2) No offense, but nothing in SAO other than the "Death Game brain fryer" is innovative, at least in MMO terms.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Maybe if they base it on the actual series rather than on a single game.

Like you can interact with everyone in the server you're on in the "real world" who you can actually control and move about to do transactions with other players and you are allowed to play one "character" from each of the 3 "games."

Example: SAO gives the assassins and tanks, ALO has the rangers and mages, and GGO has the gunners and melee dps.

Example 2: You can do arena battles with other "games" or even servers like GW2 does.

It doesn't have to be original (nothing is nowadays) but it can be different enough so that people will get interested, like GW2.
ssdan
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by ssdan »

SAO doesn't have to be an MMO... it could just be a regular RPG that... has online functions... but to be a good rpg its gotta have to have a separate story than the LN well whatever it turns out to be... so long as silica is in there i'm fine with it xD
d34thw1ng
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

ArchmageXin wrote:I dunno guys, but I rather not see a SAO MMO, because:

2) No offense, but nothing in SAO other than the "Death Game brain fryer" is innovative, at least in MMO terms.
1) yea in that way , it was funnny, a transnational corporation develop a mrpg and only release it at japan , making just 10k consoles for release day XD, just look at china with iphone 4 they got a stock like 7M and all of them were sold in 1st day...

2) how can u say sao is not innovative? it is changing all 3d world (base on 2d engine) to a 3d world where u can live :S (and they actually lived...) . if u are talking about quest , pk system , lore , etc well blizzard have staff for every section (and they are specialized) sao , got just an author that played mrpg for like a year lol... XDDD u cant complain about that :P
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sludge »

If anything , the best thing that exists in the SAO that should be made is the "Cardinal" system. (Aside from the obvious VR which would be 300000 times better to have)

generates new quests by checking the internet, patches exploits , adjusts levels , experience , pop rate , keeps the order and all without human interaction!
A lot of the MMO concepts in SAO would be awful in modern games though , one time bosses that only fall to the quickest would generate so much hate :)
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

If Cardinal System exist, most likely human won't need to think anymore (at least not much)... well, that's if Cardinal can be implemented outside games.
to be able to patch exploit, fix bug, adjust everything without even controlled by human means that Cardinal is one hell of an AI

as for the 1x only boss, either make it 1 player = 1x chance for the boss (with the same drop instead of % based) or everyone need to hate the boss first to make it happen :mrgreen: . Like in the death game where most people don't like to face the boss and most likely will be grateful instead when someone kill the boss (even when they get the special drop). Some rare exception where people get jealous is always there
Jenderal313
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Jenderal313 »

I hope it become a true not just a rumor XD

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”