Campione Anime

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Campione Anime

Post by Kadi »

I know there's the Anime discussion, but this is our forum, so I thought "Why the hell not?".

At any rate, there'll be a new episode out later today and it will finish the adaption of V2. Any thoughts or premonitions? I'm afraid it'll be abysmal because Godou'll have to use the golden sword not once, but twice...
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione Anime

Post by arczyx »

Well, I stopped following it after watching the first episode. So is the later episodes better or not?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

They're not as "compact", but... there are still issues. Jarring issues... Like "Talktalktalktalk". Most of the Athena-fight was drowned by talking! My opinion, anyway, and it's not like it was unexpected.

I have to commend them for Erica's fight scenes, though, they are awesome. Sometimes they remind me of Horizon's... well, slightly.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

@arczyx: Not really, no, with the exception of the 4th episode that concludes the Athena arc. The soundtrack is great, most of the characters act as they should, the Athena fight is well done, as well as THE kissing scene of the Athena arc... but it's an extreme rush job, important scenes are cut out or changed and unnecessary things are added, overall it's just a mediocre anime and a failure as an adaptation. I'm not someone who'll complain on principle just because the adaptaion doesn't follow the original material well enough (don't take me wrong, this one follows the original material on all the major points), but I have to say this one fails hard. You can't really expect anything good from an anime that tries to adapt 5 light novels into 12 or 13 episodes. It's nice to see certain scenes animated, but that's all the enjoyment I'm getting from the anime.

@Kadi: I must disagree, the Athena fight was one of the only things in the anime they did right. If they had cut out the dialogue, it wouldn't have felt like a final battle in Campione. Words of power are a very important part of the magic system in Campione, I'm glad they don't cut them out very often in the anime.
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Krozam wrote:@Kadi: I must disagree, the Athena fight was one of the only things in the anime they did right. If they had cut out the dialogue, it wouldn't have felt like a final battle in Campione. Words of power are a very important part of the magic system in Campione, I'm glad they don't cut them out very often in the anime.
... when people stand around more than they are fighting, it doesn't make for a good fight. Seeing Godou's face with some swords flying by is not exciting. And the worst addition by the anime is that "Divine Protection"-shell, which just allows the animators to be lazier, or rather, to save budget. Even when they weren't just standing around and talking, the fight was slow and not gritty. The music is good, but it can't make up for all the flaws. It can be done better, look at Horizon. Futayo's fights are a feast for the eyes. Or Margot's fight in the flying water body. Heck, even the Campione crew can do it better if you look at some of Erica's fights.

Now, about the Words of Power... yeah, they are needed to make Campione into what it is, but not at any cost. If they were in fast melee combat while Godou chanted the words of power, I'd be on the edge of my seat, but... Godou standing still, speaking, swords flying by, Athena standing in her shell going "chut up chut up chut up" until the shell breaks and the swords run out? *YAAAAAAWN* There's other scenes, too. Godou "runs" from the snakes, gets surrounded, turns around and... starts chatting. Really? REALLY?

Okay, rant over, enjoy yourselves.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's a lot better than any other fight in the anime so far. For me, the only battle in the anime where I was excited at all was the Athena fight, where there was at least a fair bit of the epicness I'm used to expecting from Campione. Yes, there should have been more movement, but as it is, it's not too bad. I'd give it 8/10, as opposed to every other episode that get maybe 5/10 from me. The protection shell was a bad idea, as well as the golden sword dimension, but there are much more glaring problems in the other episodes. I'm not going to comment on Erica's fights, because honestly, they didn't make much of an impression on me, I'd have to re-watch the episodes to remind myself how they were done. Well, saying that is already a comment of a sort...
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Campione anime.

That's your favorite, right, kadi?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Go to hell ^^

It's flawed, very flawed, down to the basics, but I extract whatever enjoyment I can. Even if it's laughing like mad about a 10 second sequence where they loop the same few, fugly "running" frames over and over again... accompanied by a healthy dose of infodumping.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

For me, I didn't enjoy watching the anime...was so exited for the Athena showdown but hell...as if they were just chatting...but somehow 'am not able to resist watching further :lol: hope the next Voban fight won't be disappointing :roll:. Staying tuned
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

I will reconsider to watch it again after it completed then. And did anyone notice that Yuri's face is really different?

Note : So there is something called quick reply :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

arczyx wrote:I will reconsider to watch it again after it completed then. And did anyone notice that Yuri's face is really different?
Spoiler! :
Kira0802

Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

The Voban fight will disappoint almost surely. There's enough stuff left to do before the fight can beging that they probably can't give the fight as much time as they did to the Athena fight. IMO, the Voban fight is probably the most epic of them all in the first 6 volumes, and not giving it enough time will probably ruin it. I still want to see it, though.

Oh, and regarding the faces being different... Yeah, but in a good way. One of the few things good about the anime is the art style, which is close enough to the original but IMO far better. Especially Godou, his design is a HUGE improvement from the original. The artist of Campioine's illustrations is rather amateurish, though judging from the latest cover, clearly improving.
Hendog
Reader

Post by Hendog »

Argh the fight with Voban could have gone so much better, where did the lightning fight go? :( They left out the "Lightning oh lightning" incantation too which is my favorite part of the fight.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Hendog wrote:Argh the fight with Voban could have gone so much better, where did the lightning fight go? :( They left out the "Lightning oh lightning" incantation too which is my favorite part of the fight.
Why do they make such sequences with disappointments :x Are they planning for only 12 eps and thus rushing things up :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

New ep out~~
Kira0802

Return to “Campione”