Campione Anime

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione Anime

Post by Krozam »

You've got to be kidding me! They placed the Yuri kiss in the middle of the damn battle, completely destroying the flow and mood. *facepalm*

And that puny werewolf form of Voban's is still just a ridiculous imitation of the giant silvery wolf of the novel. It does so much to decrease the epicness. :(

Pretty much as I expected, the battle was reduced to like half of the duration it should have had, and 1/10th of the epicness. *sigh*
chancs wrote:Why do they make such sequences with disappointments :x Are they planning for only 12 eps and thus rushing things up :roll:
Yes. I'm pretty sure they do. Well, okay, probably 13 episodes. Still rushing like I've never seen before.

Edit: Oh god... I just saw the next ep preview. Onsen? What onsen? They don't go to onsen even once during the first 5 volumes. I fear the anime is gonna pull something stupid again to waste time that could be used to properly adapt the novels... *sigh*
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

Chill, it's not that bad. Yeah, BobbyWolf is small. Yeah, the lightning battle is missing. But apart from that it was better than the Athena fight. Maybe because the swords weren't flying just straight... at least that's what I think at the moment. Rewatching it may change that impression. (Erica's battle was a feast for the eyes again for sure, though)

And honestly, I don't think three episodes per volume are necessarily too fast. They just waste time on the wrong scenes, lose themselves in empty talk and infodumps. And while I did miss a few of my favorite scenes, I don't think it's bad to write anime-original scenes to replace them, in theory. That's the way you need to go for a good adaption, but you also need people who know what they're doing. Which we didn't have in this case. *sigh*
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Three things that I retain from this series so far, and for the latest episode:

-That long kiss that gets a bit too embarrassing to watch.
-That Unlimited GoldenSwords Works which makes you facepalm at first.
-That soundtrack when he's about to finish someone, which is epic.
-DAT NARRATOR. When he goes, after/before/during the battle: "Kusanagi Godou wa Campione de aru" and you can't help but laugh.

When you combine all four of them, it's goodamn awesome desu yo.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

I still think Yuri's face is better in the LN though...
Kira0802 wrote:-DAT NARRATOR. When he goes, after/before/during the battle: "Kusanagi Godou wa Campione de aru" and you can't help but laugh.
Agreed :lol:
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Yuri was horribly mutilated when she first appeared, but the animators seems to have improved with these passing weeks and it hasn't been as hard to look at yuri when she first appeared, haven't watched new ep yet but from what i see you guys are talking about, lightning fight has gone bye bye. and the kissing scene which was supposed to be a major relationship development between yuri and godou has just been ruined.... sad to see that. still love my yuri from the ln more though. And i think the next episode is a possible filler, or they're gonna freaking screw it up big time by moving perseus to japan OR by introducing Ena and cutting away all the rivalry and fight between Ena and Erica in the netherworld. and thus leaving Lili's relationship development for last, and screw up the whole anime because they tried to squeeze 5 volumes into one season. Hidan no Aria only did 3 volumes in one season and the pacing was still acceptable, but 5 vols in 1 season is just gonna be plain horrid, especially when Campione is the type of series that focuses heavily on character relationships, because lets face it, Godou as he is now is a Campione that can't survive the battlefield without his 4 girls and support from other side characters, so trying to squeeze all 4 main girls relationship development into 12-13 episodes is plain suicide for the company. Haiz... the anime hasn't even ended yet and i'm already thinking that the probability for a second season is not really so good. especially for what diomedea did with nogizaka haruka no himitsu, animate 2 seasons 12-13 eps each, then end the whole thing with one ova. =.=

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

Hikasa, Youko did a great job when Erica pretended coughing lol that was so cute I wasn't expecting the Golden Sword to change shape =/
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

Kadi wrote:Chill, it's not that bad. Yeah, BobbyWolf is small. Yeah, the lightning battle is missing. But apart from that it was better than the Athena fight. Maybe because the swords weren't flying just straight... at least that's what I think at the moment. Rewatching it may change that impression. (Erica's battle was a feast for the eyes again for sure, though)

And honestly, I don't think three episodes per volume are necessarily too fast. They just waste time on the wrong scenes, lose themselves in empty talk and infodumps. And while I did miss a few of my favorite scenes, I don't think it's bad to write anime-original scenes to replace them, in theory. That's the way you need to go for a good adaption, but you also need people who know what they're doing. Which we didn't have in this case. *sigh*
No way in hell was that as good as the Athena fight. Perhaps otherwise (and even then only because the original fight is so much more epic than the Athena fight), but as I said, the kiss in the middle of it completely destroyed the pace and the mood.

3 episodes a novel is definitely too fast, apart from some exceptions. Only a genius of a director could make that work, and even then only work, it'd be far from the ideal. Yes, I agree that changing stuff in itself isn't a bad thing, but you need to do it right, and these guys aren't even close to doing it right.

If it were me, I'd have adapted the first 3 novels in the 13 eps. The decision to move the third volume into its chronologial place at the beginning of the series wasn't a bad one, and neither was rushing it to get to the action - they just way overdid it. I would've given it 3 episodes. Then, 5 eps for each of the first two novels, ending it with the Voban fight - which I still consider the most epic out of them all in the first 6 novels. I might even have given the fourth ep to the first SS of vol 11, taking the ep from the Athena arc.

Well, now, nothing to do but to look forward to the Perseus fight and some stone pillar flingin'~
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

eh...3 eps per volume can be said reasonable but not to the extent where you stuff it with nonsense...and that too much of swords around Godou was...the sword should have been more cool.

Besides this, just saying that shouldn't this topic be under "Anime" :?:
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

No, I don't think so. Sure, we discuss an anime, but it's Campione, so why not put it here? Let's just say it raises the level of discussion and is more likely to keep those without interest out.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

now that you mention it...guess that's right
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

At least we can talk without worrying too much about spoilers, since it's unlikely anyone who doesn't read the novels would find their way here. :P
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

I hope Lily and Godou upcoming kiss scene would be long and intensive in the middle of the street with couples watching them like in the novel since its one of my favourite scene which made me a little embarrassed to read >.<
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Unlikely. In the anime, Godou can't store knowledge, so it'll have to be at the beginning or in the middle of the fight.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

breaker123 wrote:I hope Lily and Godou upcoming kiss scene would be long and intensive in the middle of the street with couples watching them like in the novel since its one of my favourite scene which made me a little embarrassed to read >.<
I remember being really embarrassed trying to translate that ridiculously long kiss scene.

Full of explanations + kissing = severe mental block. Sentences being extremely long, additionally it was also the longest part in the entire V4... that was quite the experience.
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

Kadi wrote:Unlikely. In the anime, Godou can't store knowledge, so it'll have to be at the beginning or in the middle of the fight.
But during the Athena arc Erica kissed him at the park and passed on the knowledge then having a scary car ride to save Mariya so I'm sure he can store knowledge for awhile also pulls out the sword before Erica passed on the last needed info for him in the beginning of the fight. For Lily part they will encounter the god straight after the kissing scene since their not so far away for the meet up location.

Return to “Campione”