Reader for Apple Devices

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cappa
Astral Realm

Reader for Apple Devices

Post by Cappa »

I'll make this short and sweet. In all honesty I'll probably never be back on. If this is even possible, I would like to request, a Reader for Apple Devices (iPhone,iPod touch, and iPad). I recently downloaded the IS: Infinite Stratos series, and to all honesty, it is extremely annoying and hard to read. I saw that you had a reader out for android devices, so I was like: 'Why not Apple? Do they not like fruit?"
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Reader for Apple Devices

Post by Mystes »

The things is that Apple apps need money paid for its place in the app store, whereas Android is free.

Though I personally would simply want a mobile device for this.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

Kira0802 wrote:The things is that Apple apps need money paid for its place in the app store, whereas Android is free.

Also there is already a free reader app made by Apple, iBooks works well with .PDF files, you just add the .PDF file to your library and it gets added to the books section. When you open it on your iPad or iPod/iPhone you just have it switched to the .PDF mode. I think the button to do that is in the top left hand corner of the screen, for the iPad at least.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

Kira0802 wrote:The things is that Apple apps need money paid for its place in the app store, whereas Android is free.

It's actually $99/year for iOS and you'd probably need a Mac computer*, a one time payment of $25 for Android, and $99/year for Windows Mobile as well

The problem is the app might not even make it through the screening process Apple does and we shouldn't have to ask people to void their warranty just to use an app

*lol, pay Apple to upload apps for their devices that you made on an Apple computer you bought
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Can you create one via jailbreak, though the latter voids your warranty?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

If someone knew how, they could.

Me? I can't even do the hello world thing without crashing my computer so nope.

Return to “Developers and Code”