New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Post by Nandaka »

patterson891122 wrote:I had some problem of trying to open/read/download Gundam Unicorn on the Baka Reader apps.

Need help on this issue.

Thanks
What is the problem? please give more details.

Gundam Unicorn ==> Tested fine in the new app (not Baka Reader)
Last edited by Nandaka on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my blog for other applications.
wilhelmson
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wilhelmson »

Just wanted to pop by and say that the link on the front page of BT links to the forum thread for the "old" app.

Also, I downloaded the reader via Google Play -- so I don't know which one I have.. :lol:

It's BakaReader 1.10.4

I know in the version I have, certain series don't appear to work, examples are:
"The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage" and
"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha"

I'm speculating that it's due to the fact that both series were laid out slightly in that it is not separated by multiple volumes?
Or there's an address link problem?
The error message that I get is: "Error: Unable to connect to Baka-Tsuki"
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

wilhelmson wrote:Just wanted to pop by and say that the link on the front page of BT links to the forum thread for the "old" app.

Also, I downloaded the reader via Google Play -- so I don't know which one I have.. :lol:

It's BakaReader 1.10.4

I know in the version I have, certain series don't appear to work, examples are:
"The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage" and
"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha"

I'm speculating that it's due to the fact that both series were laid out slightly in that it is not separated by multiple volumes?
Or there's an address link problem?
The error message that I get is: "Error: Unable to connect to Baka-Tsuki"
Yap, that's the old app. Cannot do anything about that because the original dev is MIA/KIA and no source code.

This one is the new one (not in google apps yet, still testing).
- "The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage" ==> not in the side bar, so it wont show up in the novel list.
- "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha" ==> All OK.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Change Log for v20121103:
  • Add option to keep notification shown after click
  • Update parser and updateService notification
APK: http://www.mediafire.com/?u6wsoury559tn2t
jomkingal
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Haruhi Suzumiya (Series)*(Dropped), Sword Art Online*(Dropped), Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Highschool DxD, Hyouka, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Date A Live, Campione, etc.

Post by jomkingal »

hi! :3 i have been wondering what does AsyncTask Count means? it's in the settings menu. mine show AsyncTask Count: 0 running, 0 stopped, 0 pending, 0 unknown.
Currently Reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, High School DxD, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha.
Currently playing Majikoi! (series) *(at Chris Route), Dota 2.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata(Hope to see this Light Novel here at Baka-Tsuki, <3 Kasumigaoka Utaha-senpai~)

I love Kawakami Momoyo~ <3
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

jomkingal wrote:hi! :3 i have been wondering what does AsyncTask Count means? it's in the settings menu. mine show AsyncTask Count: 0 running, 0 stopped, 0 pending, 0 unknown.
It's for debugging purposes for checking the running task, you can ignore it :)
kotelo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kotelo »

Looks like it doesn't support alternative languages​​. Would you please consider it?
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

kotelo wrote:Looks like it doesn't support alternative languages​​. Would you please consider it?
The problem is on the parser as I'm only checking the English keyword.
milki
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by milki »

Nandaka wrote: - "The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage" ==> not in the side bar, so it wont show up in the novel list.
Nandaka: I submitted a PoC that would allow for teaser projects to show up in the novel list. The same probably can be done with pending projects.

https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... /issues/13
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

Suggestion: Get in touch with the guys from C.E. Translations so we could get their novels onto the new app as well? Sayonara No Piano, Onii-Ai and Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden are quite worth it I reckon. Though I don't know how cooperative they'll be.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Veruz wrote:Suggestion: Get in touch with the guys from C.E. Translations so we could get their novels onto the new app as well? Sayonara No Piano, Onii-Ai and Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden are quite worth it I reckon. Though I don't know how cooperative they'll be.
Then the easiest solution is by asking them to host the translation in baka-tsuki too, or at least ask a permission to copy the works to the site.
borbmizzet
Mikuru's Master

Post by borbmizzet »

So I haveThe Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village on my watched list, and the reader gave me a notification that chapter 4 was updated. Keyword there is "updated", not "completed". So I thought it would be nice if there was the option to show a project's main page in the app, so we could check the status of which chapters were completed and which were incomplete, so we don't start reading a chapter only to find out it's incomplete. Showing just an incomplete chapter's status (as pulled from the project page, ex. "Incomplete", or "(22/28)") in the app beside the chapter name would also be an option, but there would still be some benifits to being able to view the information on the entire project page and the status of the project as a whole, even if the hyperlinks didn't work or opened in the default external browser app. Since the app doesn't list chapters that haven't been started yet, there is no way of knowing whether a given volume is completed just by using the app alone, and while some users might not care, I'm sure there are some readers out there like me who wait for the entire volume to finish being translated before reading it so they don't have to deal with the aggrivation that comes with ending on a cliffhanger.

Anyway, I'm sure there are other features and debugging that take higher priority, so just think of this as a suggestion for something to implement in a future version. On that note, viewing a project's staff and their personal wiki pages would be a nice future add on too.

Aside from those suggestions, I just want to say that this app is already much better than the old bakareader, and since reading novels on a computer monitor gives me headaches, it's is the only thing allowing me to read from Baka-Tsuki, so you have my thanks. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what the release version will be like! (By the way I currently have version 20121103.)
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

borbmizzet wrote:Keyword there is "updated", not "completed". So I thought it would be nice if there was the option to show a project's main page in the app, so we could check the status of which chapters were completed and which were incomplete, so we don't start reading a chapter only to find out it's incomplete.
It is not possible with the current updateService because we only check up to the project page for new chapter and get the chapter information through Wiki API for the updated one, unless we go deeper by checking the actual content of the chapter to get the 'Status: Incomplete' inside. Also, not every in-progress chapter are using this marker.

Most likely what I can do is by checking if there is any extra bracket with some number inside (sometimes they use xx/yy or xx%) after the chapter link to denotes incomplete chapter or ask the translator to append Incomplete after the link.
-=TwoFace=-
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -=TwoFace=- »

I don't know if this has been addressed as 20 pages to go through just to add maybe is a lot. But, when you hold down on the chapter or whatever, u can Download Chapter/Clear Chapter Cache/ and Mark as Read. The problem I see is if the chapter has already been read it doesn't give option of Mark as Unread, but stays regardless as Mark as Read to mark it as Unread. I hope I didn't just confuse anyone trying to understand what I was trying to say. :?
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance: unbiased, unprejudiced, fair.
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

-=TwoFace=- wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed as 20 pages to go through just to add maybe is a lot. But, when you hold down on the chapter or whatever, u can Download Chapter/Clear Chapter Cache/ and Mark as Read. The problem I see is if the chapter has already been read it doesn't give option of Mark as Unread, but stays regardless as Mark as Read to mark it as Unread. I hope I didn't just confuse anyone trying to understand what I was trying to say. :?
:D Click the "Mark as Read" again to make it unread :D. I'll change the wording to Tooggle Read/Unread :D

Return to “Developers and Code”