Campione! Latest Plot Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! Latest Plot Discussion (Up to V11)

Post by Neiseri »

Azyrion wrote:no because guineve used her last strength to trap the authority inside a disc shaped magic relict. she also used it to trap sun wukongs and perseus' authoritis.
Spoiler! :
and i have a hunch that the goddess born out of the grail and disc will be the steel eating mother earth goddess metis :shock:
Spoiler! :
If we are taking legend of arthur as reference then it's possible that it's Morgana le Fey or the personification of the grail. So far, she not as crazed as Metis
dim1
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dim1 »

From her speech it sounded a lot like Athena, but I haven't read farther into the later volumes so i wouldn't know. Does this also mean that this new goddess has the power of Mithra, Wukong, and Hippotlya?
Azyrion
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Azyrion »

Neiseri wrote:
Azyrion wrote:no because guineve used her last strength to trap the authority inside a disc shaped magic relict. she also used it to trap sun wukongs and perseus' authoritis.
Spoiler! :
and i have a hunch that the goddess born out of the grail and disc will be the steel eating mother earth goddess metis :shock:
Spoiler! :
If we are taking legend of arthur as reference then it's possible that it's Morgana le Fey or the personification of the grail. So far, she not as crazed as Metis
true not as crazed but she is still resting^^ oh well, we'll have to wait till she makes her first appearance outside her place. But what we can say is that she must be of the war god typ or else she wouldn't like to battle goudo.
dim1 wrote:From her speech it sounded a lot like Athena, but I haven't read farther into the later volumes so i wouldn't know. Does this also mean that this new goddess has the power of Mithra, Wukong, and Hippotlya?
thats completly in the dark. it could be that the power of the gods of steel gives her some attribute of steel makes her into a war god like the other three or are just plain nourishment to sustaine the power of this goddess. as far as i know she wouldnt make any appearance till after vol13 but thats only my own speculation
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

I hope people realize the disc/medallion is completely separate from the Grail. In her final moments, Guinevere conveyed her orders to the Grail (which is faraway in Brittany) while summoning the disc. The summoning spell is for the disc only.

The disc is the artifact that absorbed the authorities of Perseus, Sun Wukong and Lancelot and what Guinevere was telling to go forth and become the weapon of the "King of the End" when he returns.

The Grail, on the other hand, was ordered to become the "new queen" using the essence it contained (Athena's), to continue searching for the "King of the End."
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Why does being true to oneself seems bad for Godou(delicious for us) ?

There is similarity between Godou and the Black Prince's father...I wonder if the others are the same.
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

zzhk wrote:I hope people realize the disc/medallion is completely separate from the Grail. In her final moments, Guinevere conveyed her orders to the Grail (which is faraway in Brittany) while summoning the disc. The summoning spell is for the disc only.

The disc is the artifact that absorbed the authorities of Perseus, Sun Wukong and Lancelot and what Guinevere was telling to go forth and become the weapon of the "King of the End" when he returns.

The Grail, on the other hand, was ordered to become the "new queen" using the essence it contained (Athena's), to continue searching for the "King of the End."
ah yes your right just re-read that part^^ the disc was sent to "the ends of the sky" which should be the direction where the king of the end lies dormant, if i'm not wrong. but still no wonder they couldn't find him no matter where they searched him when he is sleeping where i think he is.
lorcan4
Astral Realm

Re: Campione! Latest Plot Discussion (Up to V12)

Post by lorcan4 »

from v1 to 12 is Godou going to have a new power beside Verethragna
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Re: Campione! Latest Plot Discussion (Up to V12)

Post by Kadi »

Maybe. You tell me!

(Do people really think it's smart to ask for spoilers here? ... *shakes head*)
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Re: Campione! Latest Plot Discussion (Up to V13)

Post by ID not in use »

By the end of Vol 12 apparently all of the women that comprise Godou's harem and organization are gathered at last in one place. Although you find out in the epilogue that might not be everyone who's interested in him. That does leave me wondering what role exactly Shizuka will wind up playing long term. Is she just the annoying Imouto, or will she become part of his inner circle?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Hmm... I don't see her getting involved any time soon. Jou-chan likes his foreshadowing and there's none for Shizuka. Asuka on the other hand... she met Alec, she met Lancelot and she knows something's up. I guess it's only a matter of time for her?
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Yes, I can see Asuka learning theres more going on. However, what would she do? Would she try to help or just get in the way while trying to prove to him that she would be a good partner? Reminds me of his cousin, who seems to get dragged into things through no fault of her own.

I think it would be amusing if Godou and company ran up against Aphrodite at some time. I'm thinking that goddess would have a lot of fun with him and the girls...
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I think Asuka's smart enough to realize she cannot help in the battles. I guess it'll take her some time to take in the extent of the problems Godou faces now and then she'll have to come to a decision: Will she hold on to her feelings for Godou and try to be a proper support on the private side of his life, becoming a link to the normality whose loss he accepts more and more or, my personal favorite, will she gracefully bow out of the competition and get over her feelings?

As for Aphrodite... if it plays out like we imagine, it would be fun, yes, but wouldn't it be similar to V12? "The harem's relationships are all over the place due to divine interference"... can't see it in the main storyline and Godou facing a full-fledged goddess in a mere side-story is huge. Also, people will start bitching about Godou not getting new Authorities again.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:As for Aphrodite... if it plays out like we imagine, it would be fun, yes, but wouldn't it be similar to V12? "The harem's relationships are all over the place due to divine interference"...
The effects of Insane Rush from Lancelot on Godou could also be considered divine interference on the harem relationship as well. So he's already used two variants of that plot.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

If you look at our myths, such as Jason and the Argonauts and the trials of Hercules. You can see where the actions of the gods force the heroes into action. This is where the god slayers stand. So it's only natural that the gods will be messing with him right back. Besides, someone like Aphrodite, Venus, Brigid or Eros could simply unrestrain Godou. Would the girls really want to bottle him up again?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

ID not in use wrote:Besides, someone like Aphrodite, Venus, Brigid or Eros could simply unrestrain Godou. Would the girls really want to bottle him up again?
Seriously? Erica would take out the god herself if Godou looked likely to get the ability to charm the knee-socks off girls any more effectively by gaining one of those god's Authorities. >.> She still seems a little vindictive about how he's taken more then her and Yuri as it is. :?
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960

Return to “Campione”