Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

Post by Cryum »

Killing them wasn't worth bloodying their hands, and it definitely was not worth the psychological harm brought about by the act. The act of killing is not something to take lightly, even if it's about killing assholes.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Rage
Astral Realm

Post by Rage »

This is interesting... According to the person translating the rewrite of "Aria in a Starless Night" for the Progressive book, the story takes place in November, instead of December... Seems like a continuity error, being that the book still says that it's been one month after the start of the game. But the game still started in November...

"And now— November 6, 2022, Sunday.
«Sword Art Online», after all the preparations were finished, officially started its online service at 1 PM." SAO, Volume 1, Chapter 2

Actually, looking through the Novel rewrite, it still says it's December.

"Then today, Friday, December 2, at 4 AM. Asuna had fainted due to, most likely, a natural neural reflex from the fatigue of continuously fighting, and her path should have come to an end." - SAOP, Volume 1, Chapter 1

Is this a continuity error, or the result of someone copy&pasting the original, and only updating bits and pieces? Or was something misread all-together?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

It's been addressed somewhere in the main thread.
The main reason seems to be to make it different from Rondo, which introduces the story as December.
Just think of it as Aria is a story for the first floor, which started in November (even if it does go into December before long...). Or something like that.
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

Thanks tap, for finishing Seal of the Right Eye. Things are moving forward again, although it seems that Kawahara has a preference for
Spoiler! :
ending "journeys" prematurely as a plot twist
. Now we're back to the real world, which I find more interesting with all the talk about souls and machines.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Ourea
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ourea »

Yes! Thanks a lot Tap for translating chapter 5! Anyway after I read it, I imagined how would Kirito react while he was tied up on the dragon's leg while flying. (Let's say that he does not have experience in flying)
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

did I miss something or why cant I see the whole chapter?
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Cos he posted it on his site? Not sure if he's planning on moving it to the wiki.
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

i think he's still proofreading
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Vol.9, ch.1
In a novel I read long ago, a certain criminal organization, in order to film a real death game, abducted about ten people and left them to kill each other in an uninhabited wilderness.
I wonder: did Kawahara-san mean some specific novel? Or just some abstract "novel about death game in reality"?
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

Pryun wrote:Cos he posted it on his site? Not sure if he's planning on moving it to the wiki.
didn't know he had his own site :( can you give me a link pls?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Pryun wrote:Cos he posted it on his site? Not sure if he's planning on moving it to the wiki.
Cryum wrote:i think he's still proofreading
I should be done with that in a day or two, I guess.
Ushwood wrote:Vol.9, ch.1
In a novel I read long ago, a certain criminal organization, in order to film a real death game, abducted about ten people and left them to kill each other in an uninhabited wilderness.
I wonder: did Kawahara-san mean some specific novel? Or just some abstract "novel about death game in reality"?
Who knows. A random Japanese blog brought up The Crimson Labyrinth (dated 1999), but there's probably many other novels with a similar setting.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Take your time, :D

@ link Tap! some poor soul has no idea the link to your blog. You need more promotion. Start promoting yourself XD
Sigma
Astral Realm

Post by Sigma »

Azyrion wrote:
didn't know he had his own site :( can you give me a link pls?
here
Ourea
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ourea »

Pryun wrote:Take your time, :D

@ link Tap! some poor soul has no idea the link to your blog. You need more promotion. Start promoting yourself XD
As far as I know someone already posted the link to Tap's blog. I saw it at the main thread. :lol:
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Edited version posted on both sides now, anyway.
That's the end of chapter 5 for me... For the light novel edition, at least.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”