Now Hiring: Translators, Editors, and Staff

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Hmm . . . I think we should. I'll just do it anyways. If people disagree, or a mod/admin says no, I'll take it down.

The message is "This is for people who deserve special thanks and is currently not on the Staff."

Yea, if a mod/admin doesn't want it, just say so. Or delete it.

Edit: Forgot to add, the users currently on the list are Kwok (he did a bit of formating and other stuff) and Trigger-happy.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

lol, when I posted that. I kinda mean you... shoes :D

kwok might become a translator if I understood correctly.

Trigger-happy, no offense meant, but you just started
:D and hopefully you could contribute alot in the future.

Should add HC name on.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Added HolyCow. Hmm . . . . I'll just keep the 2 on because no one else is doing anything, and they do deserve thanks . . . . Meh. As a general rule of thumb. I never add my own name/username to stuff like that. Don't plan to break that anytime soon.
trigger-happy
Astral Realm

Post by trigger-happy »

No prob, I'll work my way up slowly but surely ^-^. I'll try and take that test though since it'll be a good way for me to see how well my English really is (aside from taking tests in college @_@).
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Don't sweat it. There are no obligations here (execpt for the translators :shock: ) You'll probably go faster and be better than I am. :D
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

there's really no obligation even for translators :D Oni-san can't really force you. But I guess its good etiquette to finish the chapter you sign up on.

I think the hard part in editing is trying to decipher the nested clauses in a sentence and some passive voices. Asian and Spanish writing tend to allow you to nest more clauses, more ideas into one sentence, and passive voice isn't a big deal as in English.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

This is for people who deserve special thanks and is currently not on the Staff.
No point having my name there then :D

And let's face it, I didn't really do anything. I haven't even read the translated chapter 1 yet :P
/me claws out throat and dies
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

HolyCow wrote:
This is for people who deserve special thanks and is currently not on the Staff.
No point having my name there then :D

And let's face it, I didn't really do anything. I haven't even read the translated chapter 1 yet :P
For the KnS page. Too bad. You did quite a bit. And your staying.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I'm already a member of the staff (translator for GOTH and SuzuHaru), so I can't be included on the list :D
letshin
Astral Realm

Hey

Post by letshin »

Heya.

Are you guys still recruiting? I'm currently studying some Chinese over here in China. So, I was thinking that helping you guys out would be a great way for me to brush up on my Chinese.

Regards,
zhaoyuan
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Yo letshin,

Thanks for your interest in contributing to the project >:3

Right now we're in dire need of translators, but I'll have to double-confirm with erehwon if he has the chinese RAWs. I'll get back to you ASAP (around a day or two).

Once again, thanks for your interest in contributing to this project! :D

Regards,
HolyCow
letshin
Astral Realm

Post by letshin »

Erm, yup. Guest was / is me. I screwed up somewhere. My spoken Chinese is not bad, but my written is pretty... bad. So I might be a bit slow, seeing that I'll be using my little dictionairy a lot XD.

Would it be better for u to have my email?
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

sorry, i was kinda busy. As long as you can read decently, then you will be fine, it doesn't matter if you can't write Chinese since you are translating...

Well, we appreciate your help. Let me know what you think.
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

Now, unfortunately I have absolutely no translating abilities at all, so I'm unable to help in that area. :( However, I will keep an eye out for anyone who might be willing to assist in the translation (though with me it's more like I'll hunt them down until I find somebody willing to work :D ). Thank you for translating this, Kaze no Stigma is one of my all-time favorite series.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

well, thxs for the appreciation, if you can help that 's great... :D ; you could help edit if you want.

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”