Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Ushwood »

11-6
Those monsters I crossed swords with under the mountain range at the edge, slightly less than two years ago
It should be "slightly more than two years ago".
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Gsimenas wrote:Chapter 4 inconsistencies

As far as I understand, the chapter begins on the 6th of March/3rd Month, however, the graduation contest that is supposed to take place just 2 days later at the end of the chapter it is said to take place "At the end of March—". Also "Eugeo and I would be taking part in the advancement exams for elite swordsmen next month."; "That's because we were the top 12 students during the promotion exam at the end of the month, and our future roles as elite swordsmen trainees were confirmed." - are these exams supposed to be separate, because I can't understand how they can say that their positions as elite swordsmen are already guaranteed when the exam is only going to take place later that month?
Passing on the message from the SAO talk page.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Ushwood wrote:in vol 5 chapt 6 Kirito said when he converted his avatar that he left almost all of his items in Agil's shop at the 50th floor(December 2025) but in vol 7 floor 22nd just opened on December 24th 2025(according to Asuna's line)
im a bit confused why Agil's shop is on 50th floor which should still unexplored at that time ?
Already fixed by BeginnerXP last October.
"...left almost all of my items in a safe in the new general store that Agil just opened up in the Yggdrasil City."
Ushwood wrote:"I'm Group F. Group F, number 37."
"Ah...I see. We registered at the same time, so I'm group F too. I'm number 12 too...that's great, even if we meet in the finals."
It was edited by Maipee in September last year, but it was still group K in the 16th edition, published August last year.
No idea if there's an 17th+ edition, but she should be in F, so...
Once again taking flight from Ronbaru's streets, the seven of them flew to the dungeon at an indescribably fast speed.
Still 6 in the raws, October 2012.

Gsimenas wrote:Chapter 4 inconsistencies

As far as I understand, the chapter begins on the 6th of March/3rd Month, however, the graduation contest that is supposed to take place just 2 days later at the end of the chapter it is said to take place "At the end of March—". Also "Eugeo and I would be taking part in the advancement exams for elite swordsmen next month."; "That's because we were the top 12 students during the promotion exam at the end of the month, and our future roles as elite swordsmen trainees were confirmed." - are these exams supposed to be separate, because I can't understand how they can say that their positions as elite swordsmen are already guaranteed when the exam is only going to take place later that month?
"Oi oi, it's the 7th of March. You were so looking forward to it."
Yeah, this doesn't have any significance to that question, but it's actually 7th in the original.

"That's because we're definitely becoming the top 12 students during the promotion exam at the end of the month, with our future roles as elite swordsmen trainees confirmed."
This is just Kirito being confident as usual, the translation was a little off since it made it too strong a statement.

Now, for the graduation contest issue.
The line, "At the end of March—" actually implied, "It is now the end of March—".
Thus, the three succeeding lines were what happened in between 7th March and "end of" March, which would be:
-Sortiliena defeating Uolo, both graduate.
-Kirito passes her flowers.
-Sortiliena taking part in the Unity Tournament and losing, two weeks after graduation.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Tap wrote:It was edited by Maipee in September last year, but it was still group K in the 16th edition, published August last year.
No idea if there's an 17th+ edition, but she should be in F, so...
I got the 25th print (March 2013) and it's F :).
Tap wrote:Still 6 in the raws, October 2012.
23rd print (March 2013) - still 6...
Gsimenas
Kyonist

Post by Gsimenas »

Tap wrote:"Oi oi, it's the 7th of March. You were so looking forward to it."
Yeah, this doesn't have any significance to that question, but it's actually 7th in the original.
Is the original the web-version or the raw in this case?
Tap wrote:"That's because we're definitely becoming the top 12 students during the promotion exam at the end of the month, with our future roles as elite swordsmen trainees confirmed."
This is just Kirito being confident as usual, the translation was a little off since it made it too strong a statement.

Now, for the graduation contest issue.
The line, "At the end of March—" actually implied, "It is now the end of March—".
Thus, the three succeeding lines were what happened in between 7th March and "end of" March, which would be:
-Sortiliena defeating Uolo, both graduate.
-Kirito passes her flowers.
-Sortiliena taking part in the Unity Tournament and losing, two weeks after graduation.
Thanks for the clarification :)
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Gsimenas wrote:
Tap wrote:"Oi oi, it's the 7th of March. You were so looking forward to it."
Is the original the web-version or the raw in this case?
LN edition.
Gsimenas
Kyonist

Post by Gsimenas »

Tap wrote: LN edition.
Then why does it say 6th on the BT version? *confused*

Oh, and is there any reason why Volume 10 is the only Alicization volume to use real life month names?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Gsimenas wrote:
Tap wrote: LN edition.
Then why does it say 6th on the BT version? *confused*

Oh, and is there any reason why Volume 10 is the only Alicization volume to use real life month names?
Because no one corrected it.
Because the translator chose to use them.
l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Volume 13 title was announced: Alicization Dividing, August 10:
Chinese site:
http://www.lightnovel.cn/thread-593855-1-1.html
Translation from google translate:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... yuZQoa6MHQ
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Yeah, it was announced in Dengeki Bunko's mail magazine yesterday.
And a note for anyone interested in the blurb, there's spoilers for the ending part of v12 in it.
Spoiler! :
Eugeo continues up the tower alone, after getting separated from Kirito.
The strongest integrity knight, Berculi, stands before him.
That battle ends with an unexpected development...
DEVIDING!
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

11-6
The straddling integrity knight was entirely covered in silver, heavy armor, much like Eldrie's, and carrying a gigantic longbow of red steel in the left hand.
Was it really silver? In vol.12 it was red.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Yeah, I know, I checked that when I was doing v12.
It's silver for some reason, along with the much like Eldrie part.

I guess he changed after that.
Like, some going serious mode or something.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Can some editor could recheck chapter 6 from 6 Vol.? Some of sentences looks kinda odd:
I took out the real ignition key even in this era, and while taking off the helmet, I could faintly smell disinfectant riding on the cold December wind.
Missing word? Needed?
At that moment, I crushed the memo completely with the envelope and threw it into the pocket of my rider jacket. If this was read by Nurse Aki, her harassment act could really be prosecuted. <!-- Who is harassing and prosecuting? This sentence is very ambiguous. {Due to the way the message was worded, it establishes that Kirito is capable and infers he might sexually harass the pretty nurse; this means if the nurse ever accuses Kirito, the note would be used as evidence, halfway proving he is guilty already....} -->
Comment had helped, but still this look strange. Maybe: "she really could sue me for harassment".
Then, the players coming and going were also only groups that held an atmosphere that couldn't go straightforward. <!-- Needs rewording since no one has any idea what is going on in that sentence -->
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

I took out the real ignition key even in this era, and while taking off the helmet, I could faintly smell disinfectant riding on the cold December wind.
"I took out the ignition key, that was an actual, physical key even in this era, and while taking off the helmet, I could faintly smell disinfectant riding on the cold December wind." (physical added for emphasis)
At that moment, I crushed the memo completely with the envelope and threw it into the pocket of my rider jacket. If this was read by Nurse Aki, her harassment act could really be prosecuted.
"Nurse Aki might possibly take legal action on a case of harassment for real if she were to read this." (on Kikuoka, since he's the one who wrote the note.)
Then, the players coming and going were also only groups that held an atmosphere that couldn't go straightforward.
"And most of the players passing by, too, had an air around them that asserted how hard it would be to deal with them."
Oh, and there's supposed to be a line break after this line.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Thanks, but that was just a examples from beginning of the chapter. Second check of this would be too much work so I will just post odd sentences here.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”