Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

joko
Astral Realm

Re: Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (spoilers aplenty)

Post by joko »

[quote="Gohankuten"]
[quote="Ulrick"]
For exemple: Molecular is like destroying Ice into water or steam (only the tie between molecul are destroyed) , atomic is Ice into 2H et O.[/quote]
No molecular would be breaking it into 2H and and O while atomic would be destroying the elements themselves into some protons, neutrons, and electrons.[/quote]

then it should be

broke something >>> some level >>> some level >>>>> molecular >>> atomic level.

back to the question, i mean he can broke something into some level as he likes.
ananda
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ananda »

I'm just wondering, why are some people's quotes not rendered for me? I see the quote tags appearing, making it quite hard to follow.
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

There's a high possibility that they have disabled BBCodes for one reason or another.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Haxton Fale wrote:There's a high possibility that they have disabled BBCodes for one reason or another.
Test? At least in 'preview' mode they work for a registered user. It's possible they're blocked for anon posters due to recent spamming.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Samael609 »

I can't see how Tatsuya can consider himself as an extra.
About Extra :
The reasons for stripping off their number could be from such causes as: the crime of treason, the crime of failure to perform an important duty, and ‘incompetence’.
Since tatsuya have a combat ability surpassing the whole clan i can't see how he is incompetent and i think the extra title upon him is just to a way to belittle him since usually an extra is rejected but for tatsuya they make everythink to retain him.
Since it's commonly accepted that magic first goal is using it for military purpose tatsuya is one of the strongest magician i don't see how beeing able to use a large pannel of spells help against somone who can use such decisives magics. And speciallised cad can store only one spell so i don' see the issue in being able to use only one.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Samael609 wrote:I can't see how Tatsuya can consider himself as an extra.
About Extra :
The reasons for stripping off their number could be from such causes as: the crime of treason, the crime of failure to perform an important duty, and ‘incompetence’.
Since tatsuya have a combat ability surpassing the whole clan i can't see how he is incompetent and i think the extra title upon him is just to a way to belittle him since usually an extra is rejected but for tatsuya they make everythink to retain him.
Since it's commonly accepted that magic first goal is using it for military purpose tatsuya is one of the strongest magician i don't see how beeing able to use a large pannel of spells help against somone who can use such decisives magics. And speciallised cad can store only one spell so i don' see the issue in being able to use only one.
It's because according to the definition of what a magician is Tatsuya is not a magician which makes him qualify for incompetence.
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

I just don't get why tatsuya is not Yotsuba candidate but rather a guardian ...i know when he was child.he couldn't use magic like everyone else but after reading till volume 8, I don't see why tatsuya couldn't be a Yotsuba candidate.He has magics that could rival the current head Yotsuba Maya aka "The Maou of the Far East" and "The Queen of Night".! :!: :!: :!:
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

One who wants to learn can learn something from everything.
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

He is, in many aspects, a crippled person. Due to his only stronger feelings remaining, he is extremely biased. Even despite his mother's "operation," his use of "normal" magic still remains very limited. In other words, he's too unbalanced, because if you compare him with Miyuki, she comes out on top as someone in a class of her own in using systematic magic (after all, her classmates' scores don't even compare to hers), and at the same time wields very powerful magic of her own (Cocytus). Despite his huge power, I can see how Tatsuya would be incapable of leading a family.
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Haxton Fale wrote:He is, in many aspects, a crippled person. Due to his only stronger feelings remaining, he is extremely biased. Even despite his mother's "operation," his use of "normal" magic still remains very limited. In other words, he's too unbalanced, because if you compare him with Miyuki, she comes out on top as someone in a class of her own in using systematic magic (after all, her classmates' scores don't even compare to hers), and at the same time wields very powerful magic of her own (Cocytus). Despite his huge power, I can see how Tatsuya would be incapable of leading a family.
I agree on this, but there is also such thing as knowledge and personality, and from what we know, Yotsuba is really shady family, which do business in shadows, Tatsuyas personality is completely like that, he also loves to do things in shadows, comparing to Miyuki who is a little bit more open and public person :)
From my perspective, Tatsuya have all qualities needed to lead family in a way it was till now, but there is such thing that he lacks some emotional things, he is to cold :(
sinnershot67
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sinnershot67 »

Ehsan wrote:I just don't get why tatsuya is not Yotsuba candidate but rather a guardian ...i know when he was child.he couldn't use magic like everyone else but after reading till volume 8, I don't see why tatsuya couldn't be a Yotsuba candidate.He has magics that could rival the current head Yotsuba Maya aka "The Maou of the Far East" and "The Queen of Night".! :!: :!: :!:
I don't think it's a wise decision to make the guy you've experimented on and treated inhumanely(and a walking atomic bomb to boot) to be a candidate of the same clan that you're a part of. Because of the same reason, they can't just kick him out of the clan for fear of revenge. Hence, they thought that the most effective weapon is to assign him as the guardian of Miyuki, the only person he can feel emotions. Since Miyuki's the only person that he has feelings for and Miyuki's the next heir of the Yotsuba, it effectively restrains Tatsuya. :D
Senseless.
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

sinnershot67 wrote:
Ehsan wrote:I just don't get why tatsuya is not Yotsuba candidate but rather a guardian ...i know when he was child.he couldn't use magic like everyone else but after reading till volume 8, I don't see why tatsuya couldn't be a Yotsuba candidate.He has magics that could rival the current head Yotsuba Maya aka "The Maou of the Far East" and "The Queen of Night".! :!: :!: :!:
I don't think it's a wise decision to make the guy you've experimented on and treated inhumanely(and a walking atomic bomb to boot) to be a candidate of the same clan that you're a part of. Because of the same reason, they can't just kick him out of the clan for fear of revenge. Hence, they thought that the most effective weapon is to assign him as the guardian of Miyuki, the only person he can feel emotions. Since Miyuki's the only person that he has feelings for and Miyuki's the next heir of the Yotsuba, it effectively restrains Tatsuya. :D
I guess you have point there :lol: .

Guest2
Astral Realm

Post by Guest2 »

ananda wrote:What are the limits of Tatsuya's personal restoration ability?...
Is was mentioned that blowing his head off would to it, but has this been mentioned officially anywhere? Otherwise, unless the whole brain is destroyed in the same instant, I suspect the magic would have activated at the instant the first part of the brain is damaged, and he could still recover even if subsequently all of the brain was destroyed.
Tatsuya's opinion of his own power from V8ch14 is...
V8ch14 wrote:"There is nothing in existence which can hurt me in the truest sense."
Samael609 wrote:I can't see how Tatsuya can consider himself as an extra.
When has Tatsuya considered himself an extra? From what I read he thinks if he had been an extra, his situation could not have ended in just a name change.
V7ch12 wrote:(If that was the case, then my magic wouldn't result in something so easy as being stripped of my number.)
The only reason stated Tatsuya is no longer considered a main family member is because he lacks the acceptable level of ability in 'true' magic. His power using regular magic is below average, and magical strength is the only measure mentioned in V3c4 that the 10 Clans use to gauge which clan stands at the top. You don't have to be crafty, only very capable in using what they consider as true magic. And since the clan was basically a collection of overpowered magicians even before he was born, Tatsuya's skills in destruction is not really important for them in my opinion.

However his magical skills at the age of 6 were still impressive enough that he was given the important role of guardian of 1 of the clans most promising magicians. Just like how the Yotsuba bought the Sakura series to use as guardians because they would grow up to be powerful combat magicians due to their genetic modifications.
yxpoh1989
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (spoilers)

Post by yxpoh1989 »

I sense a new flag raising after Vol 9 Chapter 3.. :P
Kanji:我は言霊の技を以て、世に義を顕す。これらの呪文は強力にして雄弁なり。強力にして勝利をもたらし、強力にして癒しをもたらす。
Romanji: Ware wa kotodama no waza wo motte, yo ni gi wo arawasu. Korera no jumon wa kyouryoku ni shite youben nari. Kyouryoku nishite shouri wo motarashi, kyouryoku nishite iyashi wo motarasu.
The 7th King, Kusanagi Godou's Incantation of the 10th Incarnation, "Warrior",
Rava
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rava »

It would have been much funnier if she had forced him to kiss her when he put her in that pose. :lol:
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

I'm little confuse about how many and who knows Tatsuya's Identity as special lieutenant from Magic high school....... :?:

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”