Campione! Where can the original Japanese novels be bought?

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Campione! Where can the original Japanese novels be bought?

Post by Rage_Ender »

How does one even get ahold of the raw book without going to a local store anyway? Internet? or is there some magical travelling bookstore? I am still wondering about this.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by denormative »

Rage_Ender wrote:How does one even get ahold of the raw book without going to a local store anyway? Internet? or is there some magical travelling bookstore? I am still wondering about this.
I use amazon japan to ship them to me if there's not a kindle version I can download and de-drm (there isn't). Otherwise if there's a http://www.kinokuniya.com/ store serving your continent/country and they aren't obscenely priced like the .au one (hint: if I can get it shipped from Japan for about half the price, you're probably charging too much) then that's an option, but I haven't used them. yesasia also sells books, but a quick search only shows the bds/cds and traditional chinese translations.

Because the publisher doesn't sell digital copies the only way to acquire those is via various web searches/share/perfect-dark/etc.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

denormative wrote: I use amazon japan to ship them to me if there's not a kindle version I can download and de-drm (there isn't). Otherwise if there's a http://www.kinokuniya.com/ store serving your continent/country and they aren't obscenely priced like the .au one (hint: if I can get it shipped from Japan for about half the price, you're probably charging too much) then that's an option, but I haven't used them. yesasia also sells books, but a quick search only shows the bds/cds and traditional chinese translations.

Because the publisher doesn't sell digital copies the only way to acquire those is via various web searches/share/perfect-dark/etc.
I see, I see. One need to be old enough to understand this, so one will buy it on kinokuniya then.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
yxpoh1989
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Rage_Ender wrote:
denormative wrote: I use amazon japan to ship them to me if there's not a kindle version I can download and de-drm (there isn't). Otherwise if there's a http://www.kinokuniya.com/ store serving your continent/country and they aren't obscenely priced like the .au one (hint: if I can get it shipped from Japan for about half the price, you're probably charging too much) then that's an option, but I haven't used them. yesasia also sells books, but a quick search only shows the bds/cds and traditional chinese translations.

I see, I see. One need to be old enough to understand this, so one will buy it on kinokuniya then.
If you want cheaper shipping, you can use honto.jp. you can use SAL for this. For instructions on using this, click here
Have been buying novels from them after my first purchase.. Right now, I have 4 different series on hand... with Campione! full set and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, lacking of the latest book. :P

Hope this help you and any other interested party.
Kanji:我は言霊の技を以て、世に義を顕す。これらの呪文は強力にして雄弁なり。強力にして勝利をもたらし、強力にして癒しをもたらす。
Romanji: Ware wa kotodama no waza wo motte, yo ni gi wo arawasu. Korera no jumon wa kyouryoku ni shite youben nari. Kyouryoku nishite shouri wo motarashi, kyouryoku nishite iyashi wo motarasu.
The 7th King, Kusanagi Godou's Incantation of the 10th Incarnation, "Warrior",
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

yxpoh1989 wrote: If you want cheaper shipping, you can use honto.jp. you can use SAL for this. For instructions on using this, click here
Have been buying novels from them after my first purchase.. Right now, I have 4 different series on hand... with Campione! full set and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, lacking of the latest book. :P

Hope this help you and any other interested party.
I think it's better if I just ask my someone to buy it for me when they went anywhere that sold the book, or I could just go buy it myself when on vacation. I'm the type of guy which likes to kill two birds with one stone.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Rage_Ender wrote:
I think it's better if I just ask my someone to buy it for me when they went anywhere that sold the book, or I could just go buy it myself when on vacation. I'm the type of guy which likes to kill two birds with one stone.
I also want to go buy by myself, but I live in Brazil, it's cheaper you go live there, than tou go in a vaccation there.(so I want to live in Japan)
Call me Nurin!

Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

Nura rihan wrote:
Rage_Ender wrote:
I also want to go buy by myself, but I live in Brazil, it's cheaper you go live there, than tou go in a vaccation there.(so I want to live in Japan)
Ah, I only ask people that coincidently went there for vacation, or some of my relatives that might went there for education.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

denormative wrote:
Rage_Ender wrote:How does one even get ahold of the raw book without going to a local store anyway? Internet? or is there some magical travelling bookstore? I am still wondering about this.
I use amazon japan to ship them to me if there's not a kindle version I can download and de-drm (there isn't). Otherwise if there's a http://www.kinokuniya.com/ store serving your continent/country and they aren't obscenely priced like the .au one (hint: if I can get it shipped from Japan for about half the price, you're probably charging too much) then that's an option, but I haven't used them. yesasia also sells books, but a quick search only shows the bds/cds and traditional chinese translations.

Seriously? It's the opposite for me. Amazon is more ex while Kino is cheaper. Only honto SAL can beat my Kinokuniya price, and I believe it's the same for Malaysia. Plus I can get 30% discount from Kino through some connections, so it's really cheap for me.

Last time I checked, digital copies are available for a number of titles, but you need Japanese Kindle or Sony Reader (and maybe Japan bank issued credit card as well; can't really remember).
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Re: Campione! Where can the original Japanese novels be boug

Post by Rage_Ender »

So, definitely gonna buy it on kinokuniya cheap, and I occasionaly went somewhere which the stores exists.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

larethian wrote:Seriously? It's the opposite for me. Amazon is more ex while Kino is cheaper. Only honto SAL can beat my Kinokuniya price, and I believe it's the same for Malaysia. Plus I can get 30% discount from Kino through some connections, so it's really cheap for me.
Yeah, we call it the 'Australian Tax'. It tends to affect things like digitially downloaded video games too. Even when the AUD was greater then the USD, you'd have publishers price PC video games the 'usual' $70+ when you could get them on steam for less then AUD50 assuming they didn't artificially mark them up (which a number of publishers do).

Assuming the .jp Kino store exports, I could almost certainly purchase it there for cheaper (even with of shipping+handling), then I could ever expect to purchase it via the .au Kino digital store.
larethian wrote:Last time I checked, digital copies are available for a number of titles, but you need Japanese Kindle or Sony Reader (and maybe Japan bank issued credit card as well; can't really remember).
I have no .jp credit card, and have successfully managed to negotiate the process of getting this to work. It's a little fiddly (especially if you want to de-drm them), but otherwise works.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, I don't know how's is in your country but, here, it's hard to buy something from outside(the country), since the customhouse(I'm not sure it's the right name) asks for 50% of the value to take you purchases. So it's pretty expensive to buy...

Ah! and the values of the REAL isn't this high, so it's very expensive.
Call me Nurin!

yxpoh1989
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Whoa, that's harsh...

Then I must be really lucky.
Plus due to the recent Japanese Yen Exchange Rate, my latest purchase that consists 4 novels and 2 manga was 4174 yen inclusive delivery.. in terms of SGD, i am getting $8+ per book. Kino sells around $12-$15 for the originals in Singapore. But of course, that is because i am getting more than 5 at one go.

For Singapore, unless one spend over $400, there are no tax involved otherwise, 7% GST will be included. where GST = Goods and Services Tax or something along that line.. (Didn't bother to remember the exact thing.. :P )
Kanji:我は言霊の技を以て、世に義を顕す。これらの呪文は強力にして雄弁なり。強力にして勝利をもたらし、強力にして癒しをもたらす。
Romanji: Ware wa kotodama no waza wo motte, yo ni gi wo arawasu. Korera no jumon wa kyouryoku ni shite youben nari. Kyouryoku nishite shouri wo motarashi, kyouryoku nishite iyashi wo motarasu.
The 7th King, Kusanagi Godou's Incantation of the 10th Incarnation, "Warrior",
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nura rihan wrote:Well, I don't know how's is in your country but, here, it's hard to buy something from outside(the country), since the customhouse(I'm not sure it's the right name) asks for 50% of the value to take you purchases. So it's pretty expensive to buy...

Ah! and the values of the REAL isn't this high, so it's very expensive.
Anything personal purchases up to AUD1000 incurs no import tax or GST down here; basically until it gets to that point it costs more for the government to collect the fee then they get from the collection of it.

So again, the three of four kilogram computer book or collectors edition computer games imported from amazon.com or something is still considerably cheaper bought individually then if you were buying a couple of dozen of them at warehouse prices with intent to resell. (Again, it's for 'personal' purchases only; you can't be using this if you intend to buy a dozen items and resell them on or something.)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

well, here you buying 1 or 100 is the same, the taxes won't change, since they're only stealing us :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

yxpoh1989 wrote:Whoa, that's harsh...

Then I must be really lucky.
Plus due to the recent Japanese Yen Exchange Rate, my latest purchase that consists 4 novels and 2 manga was 4174 yen inclusive delivery.. in terms of SGD, i am getting $8+ per book. Kino sells around $12-$15 for the originals in Singapore. But of course, that is because i am getting more than 5 at one go.

For Singapore, unless one spend over $400, there are no tax involved otherwise, 7% GST will be included. where GST = Goods and Services Tax or something along that line.. (Didn't bother to remember the exact thing.. :P )
I-is this true? so should I use some of my leftover SGD to buy it in kino or online?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<

Return to “Campione”