No Game,No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
7%

Total votes: 446

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: No Game,No Life

Post by Rohan123 »

WoshiChibing wrote:Chpt 3 might be slightly delayed until I come back from my vacation xD
Are you the translator "DrinkingWater" as registered on the wiki project? If yes, thanks for TLing this LN, and have a nice vacation. Hope you enjoy yourself, and come back soon. :)
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

Anime announced >.<
along with madan,blade dance,mahou sensou and Drgnair nyahahahha
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... gets-anime
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

the anime is already green lit for this? that pretty fast for this one and mahou sensou!! (most LN get adapted after their 6 volume i think) I guess this show how much these are popular in Japan.
Empire's Strongest
WoshiChibing
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by WoshiChibing »

The PV looked kinda awesome too. But the art style is quite different.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Yee anime!! :) But it will take long until the first episode is out, and then translation time. :( So we have to wait. :cry:
Thanks for the chapters!!
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by seitsuki »

Read through a bit, seems interesting. Any room for another translator? Or are you guys alright?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

seitsuki wrote:Read through a bit, seems interesting. Any room for another translator? Or are you guys alright?
This project only has 1 translator(DrinkingWater) at the moment, so am pretty certain there is room for more. No matter what, all projects usually accept more willing translators with open arms anyway.
WoshiChibing
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by WoshiChibing »

seitsuki wrote:Read through a bit, seems interesting. Any room for another translator? Or are you guys alright?
Oh please do please do, I don't mind it at all~ It would be awesome to have another translator xD
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by seitsuki »

Did a bit of v2 prologue. Please have a look and tell me about your desired formatting etc. That being said, we should probably start getting a terminology page and the like going?
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Done, added a terminology page. Feel free to change terms or spellings around, but be sure to leave a reason as to the change. Or in the case of a new term, leave a reason if you have any (as in not playing it by ear). I went ahead and did my own take on most the terms (that I just copy and pasted from the Japanese wiki) and included the current translations for them. I'm also the manga's terrible translator if that gives me any credit.

Also, I liked your translation. Even kept the author's bizarre line parsing.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Hm I have 2 pages from vol 2 here. Had been planning on doing a second teaser bit but never got around to finishing it and then a new translator started (good job so far btw!)

So yeah if you want to use it and save a few minutes:

http://pastebin.com/uGGdHVsN
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Enigma wrote:Done, added a terminology page. ...
Hmm i'am only a anon^^ so can't change anything, but i looked at this and hmm isn't Tet = god? and not others ...
and the sixteen races, "Fourteenth: Therianthropes (Werebeasts)" shouldn't it be orc's? Because when i hear therianthropes i think about werewolf. And werewolf != orc.
I know that the translation of the first three are also different, but I can ignore it. But never orcs = werewolf!
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Guest wrote:
Hmm i'am only a anon^^ so can't change anything, but i looked at this and hmm isn't Tet = god? and not others ...
and the sixteen races, "Fourteenth: Therianthropes (Werebeasts)" shouldn't it be orc's? Because when i hear therianthropes i think about werewolf. And werewolf != orc.
I know that the translation of the first three are also different, but I can ignore it. But never orcs = werewolf!
Just so you know, you can make anonymous edits on that page as the page isn't protected. But please make proper edits with proper reasons/summaries so that your edit doesn't get reverted :P
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Guest wrote:
You should typically bring that up on the terminology talk page instead of here. But, having a section for "God", with it obviously just being Tet, wouldn't really be efficient. At least for others we can possibly add more names later, but "the sole God" kind of possibly implies he's the only one at this point. So, "others". That, and I copied the JP Wikipedia page which has him as an other.

And no, it shouldn't be Orcs. Were, or Wer, means "man," and "beast" is self explanatory. It's just due to folklore and fantasy that "were" has commonly come to mean 'human that transforms into the proceeding animal'. As this is fantasy, the author dictates how his terms function though, so common fantasy definitions can be tossed in a garbage can for all it matters. The only real other way to translate their name is "Warbeasts," but the kanji doesn't support that at all. If you want to see what they look like, the Werebeasts are the new characters in volume 3's illustrations.
Kami wrote:For example, in the prologue, Sora keeps saying "liza, liza", which I have taken to mean "reserve, reserve". I'm not really sure about this and a few other points.
リザ, or Riza, does seem to mean "Reserve" in an IP context. Some Japanese sites appear to explain using WME to set up a certain form of connection, presumably so they can share their points of views (granted I didn't try to read these all that thoroughly and my Japanese is poor at best). So in context, Sora seems to be telling Shiro to hurry up and connect but Shiro can't because she won't use her hands.
pumkingboyz
Reader

Post by pumkingboyz »

Reading that sentence I'm pretty sure 'reserve, reverse' is suppose to be 'res, res' or ' rez, rez, as in ressurection, in term of a game context which is what He is asking from his sis imo

Return to “Abandoned”