Campione! Where can the original Japanese novels be bought?

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

yxpoh1989
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! Where can the original Japanese novels be boug

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Rage_Ender wrote:
yxpoh1989 wrote:Whoa, that's harsh...

Then I must be really lucky.
Plus due to the recent Japanese Yen Exchange Rate, my latest purchase that consists 4 novels and 2 manga was 4174 yen inclusive delivery.. in terms of SGD, i am getting $8+ per book. Kino sells around $12-$15 for the originals in Singapore. But of course, that is because i am getting more than 5 at one go.

For Singapore, unless one spend over $400, there are no tax involved otherwise, 7% GST will be included. where GST = Goods and Services Tax or something along that line.. (Didn't bother to remember the exact thing.. :P )
I-is this true? so should I use some of my leftover SGD to buy it in kino or online?
Oh.. Sorry I didnt see this reply..
Uhm.. Well, I did it because I dare to try so it depends on your willingness to give it a try... otherwise, just buy from main kino like orchard, just to be safe...
:D its your choice...
Cash wise i recommend online but get at least 4 books otherwise the SAL shipping isnt worth the gamble...
Reliability wise, without a doubt, go down to kino
Kanji:我は言霊の技を以て、世に義を顕す。これらの呪文は強力にして雄弁なり。強力にして勝利をもたらし、強力にして癒しをもたらす。
Romanji: Ware wa kotodama no waza wo motte, yo ni gi wo arawasu. Korera no jumon wa kyouryoku ni shite youben nari. Kyouryoku nishite shouri wo motarashi, kyouryoku nishite iyashi wo motarasu.
The 7th King, Kusanagi Godou's Incantation of the 10th Incarnation, "Warrior",
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

So, buy it on the net if plenty, but buy it on kino if it's in small quantity.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
yxpoh1989
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Rage_Ender wrote:So, buy it on the net if plenty, but buy it on kino if it's in small quantity.
Yep.. that is if you only care about the cost and have confidence or the daredevil spirit to risk yr stuff by delivery.
Of course, the shop i have used have been reliable to me, therefore my continuous support.. :D

Anyway, please do be careful with regards to the shop as well, delivery charges or methods can be really different..
The shops might also have extra costs you wont notice until u checkout or something.
Like some shop supports only ems which is reliable but hectic expensive. And depending on region of the world, the delivery charges can be not truly cost effective compared to kino as well..

Amazon JP or US are also very expensive due to the one lump sum of handling fee + per-item extra fee...

And also not all shops deliver overseas and allow payment using non-japan credit cards...

My suggestion might contradict with what i say earlier but its best that if you wish to try, buy 2 books from that shop first and see how you feel about the price and delivery time it take to reach you. Then you start buying more cost effectively like buying in large quantity.. this is how i usually try shops of unknown origins like honto.jp when i tried it for the first time :)..

On the side note, honto.jp supports sea shipping.. its obviously cheaper only if you buy more than 5 but it takes a long time to reach though like 1 month and a half...
I tested both its SAL and Sea shipping.. for me, i prefer paying that extra for a faster delivery..SAL..

Hope these info helped.. :D
Romanji: Ware wa kotodama no waza wo motte, yo ni gi wo arawasu. Korera no jumon wa kyouryoku ni shite youben nari. Kyouryoku nishite shouri wo motarashi, kyouryoku nishite iyashi wo motarasu.
yxpoh1989
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Sorry, if I shouldn't do this but was thinking that i should put this in a different post to separate things out..

For those interested, please use the following link to check SAL charges to your country:
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge ... ex_en.html
For SAL,
1. See letter-Post and choose your zone and press Rate schedule.
2. Change Shipping Type to Economy SAL
3. Change Service Type to Small packets.
4. Press view.

Please take note that this is just a ROUGH GAUGE as the one weighing is the people on their side..
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Well, I guess I'll revive here.

I bought 9 volumes at 11/07/2013, they came at 22/07/2013 (dd/mm/yy) and for the bless of the God I didn't paid anything in taxes! :D :D

Oshimai
Call me Nurin!

yxpoh1989
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Nura rihan wrote:Well, I guess I'll revive here.

I bought 9 volumes at 11/07/2013, they came at 22/07/2013 (dd/mm/yy) and for the bless of the God I didn't paid anything in taxes! :D :D

Oshimai
Good for you, where did you get them?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Amazon JP :D
Call me Nurin!

yxpoh1989
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Oh. Haha... Amazon JP and amazon are ridiculously fast lol.. which I like :P
but expensive for my side.

I only do that when the weight is too heavy that amazon's delivery is cheaper.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

It looks like they're selling Campione on the Kindle now, (though only up to v13 <include normal rant/>) so it should be possible to acquire them that way also if you're interested.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
yxpoh1989
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yxpoh1989 »

Uuuu...

Even Kindle.. Haha.. I can think about getting my software set when i get a kindle i guess. :P

I will stick to my physical ones for now..
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

I shall just buy it at Kinokuniya (Takashimaya)...

After this, I'll be broke.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

On the topic of kindle ebooks... I just noticed that amazon.co.jp has a whole pile of 'v1's of MF文庫J's novels are free (on sale for '0 yen')... well at least to me anyway, amazon has had a tendency of doing user-specific sales in the past. Not Campione! unfortunately as it's a different publisher; but free v1's of Hidan no Aria, Zero no Tsukaima, Mayo Chiki!, Asobi ni Iku yo!, OniAi, and so on are nothing to sneeze at, metaphorically speaking.

At least it might entice some people to go to the effort of setting up an amazon.co.jp account with a kindle ipad/android app (if they don't have a physical kindle) to download and play with them; apparently they've added custom dictionary support to the kindle apps now so I imagine it would be possible to get JP->EN dictionaries somehow and read through them that way too if your Japanese still isn't quite there yet. :P
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Interesting. You could look for Jou-chan's other series, Leviathan of the Covenant/Meiyaku no Leviathan. It's published at MF BJ.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:Interesting. You could look for Jou-chan's other series, Leviathan of the Covenant/Meiyaku no Leviathan. It's published at MF BJ.
No such luck I'm afraid. All the series with a v1 on sale are all relatively "old" series'. I'm guessing amazon are trying to loss lead by basically giving away v1 of a number of 10+ volume series' to get people who read them to buy the rest. :)

Edit: Ugly url that should point to the (exactly) twelve they are giving away: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_nr_p_3 ... 180&y=-995

It actually points to any publisher's novels, so I guess going there every now and again and seeing if amazon has any other publisher's works on a sale like that might be useful. :)
Last edited by denormative on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Url pointing to books.
Bananamonkey29
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by Bananamonkey29 »

denormative wrote:
Rage_Ender wrote:How does one even get ahold of the raw book without going to a local store anyway? Internet? or is there some magical travelling bookstore? I am still wondering about this.
I use amazon japan to ship them to me if there's not a kindle version I can download and de-drm (there isn't). Otherwise if there's a http://www.kinokuniya.com/ store serving your continent/country and they aren't obscenely priced like the .au one (hint: if I can get it shipped from Japan for about half the price, you're probably charging too much) then that's an option, but I haven't used them. yesasia also sells books, but a quick search only shows the bds/cds and traditional chinese translations.

Because the publisher doesn't sell digital copies the only way to acquire those is via various web searches/share/perfect-dark/etc.
Amazon Japan is good for finding Manga and Light Novels but they do not ship to the US. but they will ship to the UK. I need another website that will ship to US. :twisted:
Maurice

Return to “Campione”