Altina the Sword Princess

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Did did you like this translation?

Yes, I would like this to continue being translated
98%
Yes, I liked this translation
2%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 464

ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Altina the Sword Princess

Post by ArchmageXin »

I made one change, it should be "nobles use up people's wealth" rather than people's fiancés....unless some nobles are practicing Right of first night or something. There are couple other words I would change, like "empire's region" to "empire's territory" for better reading. Otherwise, spectacular!
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

I just read the Synopsis but it seems good.
\
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Yeah, its a good LN which isnt too dark for a war-themed fantasy.
Btw, I wont be using Japanese honorifics. It would be weird to have honorifcs when the author is trying to give it a French taste to it by actually including French words written French after all :)
So unlike DxD where I simply translate it to show the readers what author is trying to say, this series will include that aspect but will also have better flow for English readers. So if you see some weird sentences, please change it in a way where it sounds natural.

Edit: I really need to look for someone who's proficient in both French and English.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

You should ask Misogi :lol: :lol:

He looks like proeficient in both :roll: :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Very true.
I'm sure many of you spotted several French words in the text.
So French language as just as important as Japanese and English for this translation.
Since I'm not using Japanese honorifics, I may have to use a French honorifics for it. Since I only few words in French, I would be useless in it lol.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, I am useless too, I know a bit of french only, so i can't help. But I'm pretty sure that here, on this little garden of chaos called Baka-Tsuki, you will found a bunch of people who can help you.
Call me Nurin!

Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Code-Zero wrote:
Sacredus wrote:I don't think that adding video to wiki is good idea... Anyway, can I translate this into Polish if Polish SAO translation will be dropped?
Sure. Of course you can.
For this series you'll also need someone who's good at fixing, editing, and modifying images. I'm bad with such things after all....
Oh, and someone who's good in French.
I'm in fansub group so staff will be no problem... exept someone speaking French. Anyway, if you want to edit illustrations, just translate text and send me a pm or post it here.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

“The cavaliers and wagons won’t be able to go past it. In order to stop a big-scale invasion, that will be enough

As much as we are using French terms, isn't cavalier refer to mounted knights (I.e honorable term)? Since they are fighting savages or barbarians, the term should be "Cavalry" or "mounted riders" right?

Also, I am already beginning to doubt Auric's military capabilities and believe the generals got it right :lol:

The French tried it in WWII. I believe it was called the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line

The chinese also tried it back in the 10th century, it was called the Great Wall :lol:
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

ArchmageXin wrote:“The cavaliers and wagons won’t be able to go past it. In order to stop a big-scale invasion, that will be enough

As much as we are using French terms, isn't cavalier refer to mounted knights (I.e honorable term)? Since they are fighting savages or barbarians, the term should be "Cavalry" or "mounted riders" right?
You're right. Thanks, for telling me.
Also, I am already beginning to doubt Auric's military capabilities and believe the generals got it right :lol:

The French tried it in WWII. I believe it was called the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line

The chinese also tried it back in the 10th century, it was called the Great Wall :lol:
Yeah, there were some Japanese readers who had the same opinion. Regis will show his actual statergy during the fight against savages or other countries.

But yeah. The world of Altina takes place in a different world, but uses French names and words. So think of it as a Empire of France of a parallel world or something.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Altina the Sword Princess: General

Post by ArchmageXin »

the Empire had a large fleet consisting of 3000 men

-I don't think fleet is the right word here.~ Regiment? Force? Fleet is naval battle only.
Yeah, there were some Japanese readers who had the same opinion. Regis will show his actual statergy during the fight against savages or other countries.
I recommend you to read Rashin no Monshou, the other project on Baka which is known to be more strategy oriented without a harem running around~ There is still a blonde princess though :mrgreen:
Kioras
Astral Realm

Post by Kioras »

Code-Zero wrote:
ArchmageXin wrote:“The cavaliers and wagons won’t be able to go past it. In order to stop a big-scale invasion, that will be enough

You're right. Thanks, for telling me.
It might be a question regarding standardization for terms.

Do you want to use french terms for military units in the empire, or use standard English terms? How does it appear in the work, are the terms normal Japanese equivelents or are they closer to the french words? The french term might be cavalerie, which i believe is already plural or chevalier which might mean a knight belonging to a knightly order or a chivalrous knight. Cavalier is closer to an english bastardization of the phrase, used to refer to royalist troops in the english civil wars.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Maybe we should create a Names and Terminology page?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, a name and Terminologies page is not needed in every project, I created one in Mayo Chiki! just becoz I had nothing to do that time... but since Altina looks like to have various foreing terminologies(french a lot) you should creat one for people to consult... This series is greatly needed for a page with terminology... :D
Call me Nurin!

Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

And... it's done.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Sacredus wrote:And... it's done.
LOL, I was expecting to see a page with terminoogies and stuff, But.... Well, there's a page... :lol: :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”