Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Edit Discussion Thread

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Edit Discussion Thread

Post by Nurin »

Okay guys, as I received feedback saying that:
Every series has the right to have a thread to discuss it's editions properly.
Then I am creating this thread only for the sake of the discussions of the editions for "Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi"
Call me Nurin!

pygmalion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi:Edit discussion thread

Post by pygmalion »

Nura rihan wrote:Okay guys, as I received feedback saying that:
Every series has the right to have a thread to discuss it's editions properly.
Then I am creating this thread only for the sake of the discussions of the editions for "Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi"
Thank you Nura, and also Oni >.<
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by MyProjectAlicization »

update, the first paragraph is from the other guy who translated that bit and did that parapraph, too lazy to do my own translation for it.
Spoiler! :
Under Ai's careful consideration, she discovered that the villagers would all whisper their apologies to her when they thought she wouldn't notice. Whether it was when they were treating her to snacks, helping her with chores, or simply patting her on the head; each and every action was coloured with a tinge of regret.
The whole village was lying to Ai/itself. (don’t know which one it is referring to here)
When Ai found out this point, she could no longer ask anything.
Everyone had agreed to hide this from her. It was probably from a long time ago, when her mother died, that the villagers decided to keep this from her. Two years ago when Ai found out about this, she decided to be “obediently deceived”.
At that time, she decided to live her life pretending she did not know about this.
You couldn’t blame her; who knows whether you will get honey or get stung when you poke into a bees’ nest? After all, this is the only place she can go. For a long time the people wanted to see her happy like this, and finally, since yesterday she had people could call “parents”.
I like stuff... Not much more to say...
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:update, the first paragraph is from the other guy who translated that bit and did that parapraph, too lazy to do my own translation for it.
Spoiler! :
Under Ai's careful consideration, she discovered that the villagers would all whisper their apologies to her when they thought she wouldn't notice. Whether it was when they were treating her to snacks, helping her with chores, or simply patting her on the head; each and every action was coloured with a tinge of regret.
The whole village was lying to Ai/itself. (don’t know which one it is referring to here)
Everyone had agreed to hide this from her. It was probably from a long time ago, when her mother died, that the villagers decided to keep this from her. Two years ago when Ai found out about this, she decided to be “obediently deceived”.
At that time, she decided to live her life pretending she did not know about this.
You couldn’t blame her; who knows whether you will get honey or get stung when you poke into a bees’ nest? After all, this is the only place she can go. For a long time the people wanted to see her happy like this, and finally, since yesterday she had people could call “parents”.
As usual, my edit portion:
  • "Ai/itself". I think it's refer to "Ai", since the whole villagers already well-aware what they are doing.
  • "It was probably from a long time ago, when her mother died" to "It was from a long time ago, probably when her mother died".
  • "Two years ago when Ai found out about this, she decided to be “obediently deceived”." to 'When Ai found out about this two years ago, she decided to be “obediently deceived”."
  • "For a long time the people wanted to see her happy like this" to "For a long time, the people wanted to see her happy like this". Punctuation edit.
That's all from me, and as usual: edits without reason will used my default reasoning: For better sounding/flow of the sentence.

Final edited form (edits in bold):
Spoiler! :
The whole village was lying to Ai. (don’t know which one it is referring to here)
Everyone had agreed to hide this from her. It was from a long time ago, probably when her mother died, that the villagers decided to keep this from her. When Ai found out about this two years ago, she decided to be “obediently deceived”.
You couldn’t blame her; who knows whether you will get honey or get stung when you poke into a bees’ nest? After all, this is the only place she can go. For a long time, the people wanted to see her happy like this, and finally, since yesterday she had people could call “parents”.
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Edit Discussion Thread

Update. Haven't done one of these in a while as school has gotten in the way. I probably won't be able to update again this week or next week as well :/
Spoiler! :
She had been thinking about this for a long time and had made the right decision about it. At least she thought it was the right decision.
She sighed heavily. (literal translation was something like her sighs fell onto the ground, but that sounds so weird.)
She was a 12 year old Grave Keeper
12 years old – meaning she was not the same as when she was ten; she was not a child anymore, you could also say that she was no grown up.
What would be the best decision to make? What should I do?
Right now Ai didn’t care about anyone else as she was deeply immersed in thought. The smile on her face had disappeared and she was standing expressionless.
“Ah, ah, enough!”
Ai saw where she had stuck her shovel in the ground and suddenly noticed that she had finished another grave.
She stopped working, patted the dust off her body, adjusted the straw hat on her head, took a deep breath and stretched her limbs. She stretched for a long time and heard the crackling of her bones. Ai hoped that she, a 12 year-old girl, wasn’t already acting like an old lady.
Ai did some exercises before her attention turned to the hills. (ummmmmmmmmmmm… I think)
The ground had already become much lower in front of her. It was lined up with many tombs; they were not empty.
“… mama, what should I do?” <ref>I kept it as mama (妈妈). Mom just sounds weird to me</ref>
In this world where the dead continue wondering, people in the graves truly were dead. <ref>It uses something else here in Chinese, but it’s easier to convey the meaning this way.</ref> Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Okay, I will tell you here, my edits:

they are in Bold:

Spoiler! :
She had been thinking about this for a long time and had made the right decision about it. At least she thought it was the right decision.
She sighed heavily. (literal translation was something like her sighs fell onto the ground, but that sounds so weird.)
12 years old – meaning she was not the same as when she was ten; she was not a child anymore, you could also say that she was no grown up.
Right now Ai didn’t care about anyone else as she was deeply immersed in thought. The smile on her face had disappeared and she was standing expressionless.
“Ah, ah, enough!”
Ai saw where she had stuck her shovel in the ground and suddenly noticed that she had finished another grave.
She stopped working, patted the dust off her body, adjusted the straw hat on her head, took a deep breath and stretched her limbs. She stretched for a long time and heard the crackling of her bones. Ai hoped that she, a 12 year-old girl, wasn’t already acting like an old lady.
Ai did some exercises before her attention turned to the hills. (ummmmmmmmmmmm… I think)
The ground had already become much lower in front of her. It was lined up with many tombs; they were not empty.
“… mama, what should I do?”
In this world where the dead continue wondering, people in the graves truly were dead. Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
:lol: :lol:
Call me Nurin!

pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

Nura rihan wrote:Okay, I will tell you here, my edits:

they are in Bold:

Spoiler! :
“Ah, ah, enough!”
In this world where the dead continue wondering, people in the graves truly were dead. Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
I have connectivity problems at home, so I won't editing much both here and wiki, but since I have connection now, I'll give my edit.
No spare time to explain my edits as usual, so I'll edit directly to the Nura's edit. All edits are in bold.
Spoiler! :
She had been thinking about this for a long time and had made the right decision about it. At least, she thought it was the right decision.
She was a 12 years old Grave Keeper.
12 years old – means she was not the same as when she was ten; she was not a child anymore, you could also say that she was not a grown up.
“Ah, ah, enough!”
She stopped working, patted the dust off her body, adjusted the straw hat on her head, took a deep breath and stretched her limbs. She stretched for a long time and heard the crackling of her bones. Ai hoped that she, a 12 years-old girl, wasn’t already acting like an old lady.
In this world where the dead continue wondering, people in the graves were truly dead. Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in an eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
Hope I don't messed up with my sight-reading and editing.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

pygmalion wrote:
Nura rihan wrote:Okay, I will tell you here, my edits:

they are in Bold:

Spoiler! :
“Ah, ah, enough!”
I have connectivity problems at home, so I won't editing much both here and wiki, but since I have connection now, I'll give my edit.
No spare time to explain my edits as usual, so I'll edit directly to the Nura's edit. All edits are in bold.
Spoiler! :
She had been thinking about this for a long time and had made the right decision about it. At least, she thought it was the right decision.
She was a 12 years old Grave Keeper.
12 years old – means she was not the same as when she was ten; she was not a child anymore, you could also say that she was not a grown up.
“Ah, ah, enough!”
She stopped working, patted the dust off her body, adjusted the straw hat on her head, took a deep breath and stretched her limbs. She stretched for a long time and heard the crackling of her bones. Ai hoped that she, a 12 years-old girl, wasn’t already acting like an old lady.
In this world where the dead continue wondering, people in the graves were truly dead. Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in an eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
Hope I don't messed up with my sight-reading and editing.
If you don't read MPA version, you won't notice that all I did was to remove the all the <ref> :lol: :lol:

MPA, there's no need to explain every single detail of you word choice, only put the reference if it's relevant :P :D
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Okay, let me cut to the chase. Edited parts are in bold(besides punctuation marks):
Spoiler! :
She sighed heavily.
She was a 12 year old Grave Keeper.
12 years old—meant that she was not the same as when she was ten; she was not a child anymore, you could also say that she was not a grown up.
Right now, Ai didn’t care about anyone else as she was deeply immersed in thought. The smile on her face had disappeared and she was standing expressionless.
“Ah, ah, enough!”
Ai did some exercises before her attention turned to the hills.
“…Mama, what should I do?”
In this world where the dead continued wandering, people in the graves were truly dead. Because Ai’s mother’s funeral had already been held, she now rested in an eternal sleep. The one who had conducted the funeral was none other than Ai herself.
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

I'm doing my last edit on class >.< so can't really focused on editing :p

@Nura: actually, I realized it once I see the code and cannot find any bold tags >.<
MochaCookies
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MochaCookies »

It took a while, but Chapter 2 part 2 is finally up for edits. Yay, I actually made progress!
pygmalion

Post by pygmalion »

MochaCookies wrote:It took a while, but Chapter 2 part 2 is finally up for edits. Yay, I actually made progress!
speaking of which... I haven't visit the wiki for a while now...
maybe I'll pay a visit tomorrow and do some edits...

btw Mocha, did you attach the illustrations I've uploaded to the chapter pages?
if not I might do it as well while editing. that's if I have enough time though...
college's getting crazier, both in the subject difficulties and the homeworks+projects....
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

I am also editing when I get some time, I am also editing some other projects so I only edit every once in a while. Just edited ~50% of part 2 of Vol 2 Ch2, no more time for now, so will edit the rest later.
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Yeah.... I need to start translating again.... Holidays just started so I should be able to. You guys have a lot of editing to do :P
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

MyProjectAlicization wrote:Yeah.... I need to start translating again.... Holidays just started so I should be able to. You guys have a lot of editing to do :P
I will have holidays for ~1-2 weeks in October, so yea...sign me up cap'n. :lol:

Return to “Teaser Feedback”