Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Zero2001 »

I just downloaded all BeginnerXPs PDFs (just in case), but they're all out of phase with the current versions by nearly a year. Plus many more side stories don't have PDFs.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

Teh_ping wrote:Anyway, we will most certainly be removing every content related to AW and SAO in English on BT. Yes, every. The rationale is that though there are web versions and such, BT is mainly a supporter for the main series that is being sold by Dengeki Bunko. Now that the series are licensed, BT's purpose as a 'sampling ground' is fulfilled as a result, and we will fully comply by any wishes made by any corporate group who wishes to license the series we have (and more importantly, release translations). The web novels and material editions are not safe from deletion, and there won't be any second opinion on this. Do understand that with the licensing, BT will dissociate itself from any English translations pertaining to these series, whether they are official or not.

As for the issue of Progressive, do understand that it will basically be just like what happened to the 'Bungaku Shoujo' project, where even the short stories are taken off.
I'm curious though, how would you justify deleting the ____ editions' side stories as "not promoting the main series"?
It won't cut in their profits since there's essentially zero chance of them officially re-publishing doujinshi material (even on Dengeki Bunko's side).
Teh_ping wrote:...And to those mainly concerned about 16.5, don't you dare expect it to be part of the official releases.
No, well, it's not even in the bunko release, so it's not like it'll even fall under their license...
Teh_ping wrote:At this point, the sales for the series will only depend on whether the fans want to support the author or not, because, if I have to put it bluntly, most want to leech and read here simply because it's free, rather than fork out 10 USD for a paperback. We already have most of the volumes out here. The purpose of buying the books will simply be reduced to 'supporting the author', that's all.
There's those wanting a better translation too.
I really do want one of the Fairy Dance arc...
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

There are a lot of issues I want to address, but I really can't; both on the admin side, and the external side. The answer isn't satisfactory, I know, but I am only allowed to reveal that much. I do apologise about this, but there are still other issues the admins have to address even now.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Zero2001 wrote:I just downloaded all BeginnerXPs PDFs (just in case), but they're all out of phase with the current versions by nearly a year. Plus many more side stories don't have PDFs.
I'm planning to make PDFs for SAO and put it in my blog sometime later (my chance to get the official release without importing is basically nil...)
Tamal
Project Translator

Post by Tamal »

Arczyx, but an actual PDF is already done and posted on B-T forum :)
Eeeee... muszę iść się ogolić.

Just feed the troll...
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Tamal wrote:Arczyx, but an actual PDF is already done and posted on B-T forum :)
I know, it's just that I like my version better than yours 8)
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

Teh_ping wrote:There are a lot of issues I want to address, but I really can't; both on the admin side, and the external side. The answer isn't satisfactory, I know, but I am only allowed to reveal that much. I do apologise about this, but there are still other issues the admins have to address even now.
I see. If a course of actions is already set then I don't suppose there's anything a leecher like myself can say that could change it. But at the very least, would you leave the names of those formerly-available chapters on Baka-Tsuki? Just the names, as positioned as they are now, without any links or contents associated to them, so that future readers would know that the extra materials do exist when they come to B-T. That way, the popularity would still spread to a certain degree and you would still not have violated any copyright law.
arczyx wrote:
Tamal wrote:Arczyx, but an actual PDF is already done and posted on B-T forum :)
I know, it's just that I like my version better than yours 8)
Ooh, will you include any materials that he didn't? If so, I'd like to have a copy :mrgreen:
Zero2001 wrote:I just downloaded all BeginnerXPs PDFs (just in case), but they're all out of phase with the current versions by nearly a year. Plus many more side stories don't have PDFs.
They do now. There are updated versions compiled by Tamal and posted in the PDF Thread, and more stuffs to be made my arczyx.
Ushwood wrote:
M.A.D wrote:There are web-only materials, DVD bonus stories, chapter 16.5, other side-stories, "official" doujinshi stories, Progressive spin-off, chapter 16.5, etc...
Looks like you care the most about 16.5 :lol:
(which is not on the site btw)
Teh_ping wrote:...And to those mainly concerned about 16.5, don't you dare expect it to be part of the official releases.
Erm... no... that was meant to be a joke. See, by repeatedly mentioning chapter 16.5, I made the implication that... you know, nevermind.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

M.A.D wrote:Ooh, will you include any materials that he didn't? If so, I'd like to have a copy
Do you mean the 18+ materials? Nope.
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

arczyx wrote:
M.A.D wrote:Ooh, will you include any materials that he didn't? If so, I'd like to have a copy
Do you mean the 18+ materials? Nope.
Oh well, not everyone's perfect. I'd still like a copy ;D

On a more serious note, I've just realized that Tamal's compilation uses some of BeginnerXP's files, which are actually out of date. For example, the ME compilation is incomplete and RotTS is missing two chapters, so you might want to look into that.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

M.A.D wrote:On a more serious note, I've just realized that Tamal's compilation uses some of BeginnerXP's files, which are actually out of date. For example, the ME compilation is incomplete and RotTS is missing two chapters, so you might want to look into that.
Ah, thanks for telling.
Tamal
Project Translator

Post by Tamal »

Material Edition is complete, all 9 "chapters", RotTS - I'm also looking for full version of it, that's why I write (Incomplete).
Eeeee... muszę iść się ogolić.

Just feed the troll...
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

Tamal wrote:Material Edition is complete, all 9 "chapters", RotTS - I'm also looking for full version of it, that's why I write (Incomplete).
I believe I sent you a PM about this, but ME2 is incomplete. It even says 87.5% in the bookmark section. And RotTS doesn't have a full version. It only had 18/40 parts translated, but your file only has up to 16.
Dalam
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

I downloaded the latest release, but there are somethings missing from that batch that's posted. Not all of the side stories/Progressive, and it's not the most up-to-date on the naming of the characters.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
anim_lover
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anim_lover »

Well it's a surprising news to me. A little bit happy because there will be english version of the novel
But super sad because this project's going to be abandoned...
Darn, it's such a mixed feeling.

Although we have till early 2014 to finish up volume 13, got more than 4 months.
I hope we all can finish this ^.^
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

one of the problem is: will the fans hold out even when they need to wait 4~5 year just to read the continuation of the story?

I personally think at least 1/4 will buy 1st volume but will slowly lose interest because they can't get the continuation of the story... and who knows if SAO is still popular enough for them to continue the english publication ~4 years from now

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”