SAO Progressive LN translation Vol 1 and 2

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

FaintSmile
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

SAO Progressive LN translation Vol 1 and 2

Post by FaintSmile »

there is anyone interested in translate the Progressive Light Novel Vol 1 and theProgressive LN Vol 2 that will be published in december?

I Know that there is a site that is translating it .... but they release 1 ch in a year.... someone can make it ? pleaseeeeee :D
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: SAO Progressive LN translation Vol 1 and 2

Post by cautr »

First:
Misogi wrote:It's up to translators to decide on which series they want to work.
Second:
Teh Ping wrote:NOTICE: The Sword Art Online project is currently licensed by Yen Press. Project will be deemed as 'Abandoned' by the release of the first volume
There will be few translators willing to start on something new when this is getting taken offline in approx. april anyway.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
FaintSmile
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by FaintSmile »

First:

Mine was only a request ! That if anyone that will read it, can pls translate for the fans that cant read japanese

Second:

YenPress licensed only the main SAO novel, not the progressive one, Please dont spread false information
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

And that's the fully standardized reply to requests.

I am not spreading false information. I just quoted what Teh Ping posted on the SAO page. If you have exact information on how far the license goes, feel free to post a source. I don't see why a SAO light-novel license couldn't include such novels, especially when it's a kind of re-telling.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

A series is translated because a translator wants to work on it, readers' opinions don't matter a lot. You have no right to order anything.

Second point, the whole project of SAO will be deleted, even the non-licensed content. If you really want an answer, I can only give you a vague one: it's unlikely that Volume 2 of Progressive will be posted on Baka-Tsuki.

If you keep insisting on that matter, I'll let you guess what will happen.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Hi FaintSmile

No one knows the extent of the licensing deal. Besides, licensing models (volumes vs series and as to what constitutes series is another question) also change over time. Asking about translating licensed (or potentially licensed) content here is not allowed. Even if it's confirmed that Progressive series is not licensed, I doubt any translators here will be interested because the chances of it getting licensed is very high and the time sink in translating is very high. Even if there are translators interested, Baka-Tsuki will not be hosting it. If you want to, you can ask outside of Baka-Tsuki or PM people who you think might be interested. No further request threads will be entertained.

Thread closed.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”