Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Misogi »

It seems that everything will be removed. Licensed or not.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Misogi wrote:According to this tweet, there are plans for a worldwide publication of the LN in several countries.

Already published: Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Thaïland.
Planned : USA, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Canada, Switzerland.
The 'good' news is that we are probably never going to have licensed LN in Czech... So I can continue translating...
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

It may be possible that other countries are concerned, but up to now, only the American license was confirmed.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Well I don't think the other licenses will come soon. Since the publishers in those countries are probably unsure about how it would sell. I kinda doubt that it would get to Switzerland since it's a small country, it has even less habitants than we do. And we already have problems with publishing manga because the publishers don't want to take the risk it won't sell. LNs are the same, bigger countries will probably get some LN published but the smaller ones not.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Misogi wrote:According to this tweet, there are plans for a worldwide publication of the LN in several countries.

Already published: Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Thaïland.
Planned : USA, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Canada, Switzerland.
Now i'm certain that some publisher will release SAO manga adaptation in Poland... It's SAO! We have here Spice and Wolf, Toradora, Kokoro Connect, Another (this 4 just in last year) and Welcome to NHK. And no, there is't any LN available here.

@Up
Same here. I don't think that LN will be published here in Poland. There is only one publisher interested in this, but they just started and chances for this are close to 0.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Sacredus wrote: @Up
Same here. I don't think that LN will be published here in Poland. There is only one publisher interested in this, but they just started and chances for this are close to 0.
The same here. There's about three publishers to publish manga but it's still in small release so some volumes can't be bought any more (which reminds me that I should buy the last volume of manga Zero no Tsukaima...). If they don't think that there's enough of people to buy manga, they won't publish LN since manga is still much more popular here, if you look at fan translations. I think this goes for every smaller country. US is just so big that it goes for them well, even dubbing anime (we have dubbed just Pokémons etc. and Lovely Complex and maybe up to 5 more).

But we will see. On the other hand, I think that SAO is really popular so it might be an exception and it might get published. But those unconfirmed countries may license just a very few volumes to see if they will have enough income...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Cindynka wrote:Well I don't think the other licenses will come soon. Since the publishers in those countries are probably unsure about how it would sell. I kinda doubt that it would get to Switzerland since it's a small country, it has even less habitants than we do. And we already have problems with publishing manga because the publishers don't want to take the risk it won't sell. LNs are the same, bigger countries will probably get some LN published but the smaller ones not.
I would assume that Switzerland wouldnt really need a own license if it gets licensed in France and/or Germany... ;) but I think a German license isnt very likely. At least for the light novels, since privious tries to publish light novels here werent that successful, but maybe the manga will be licensed.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Lol, nice timing. One of out publisher posted on their FB that they could eventually experiment with releasing Light Novel here in second half of the year. Since they published 3 manga adaptation last year (Spice and Wolf, Toradora and Kocoro Connect), I don't really know what to think about it...
Harbinger
Astral Realm

Post by Harbinger »

*Sigh

Looks like all translation work on "Alicitation dividing" has ceased :(
That's too bad, I was REALLY hoping to at least read it before that one is taken off baka-tsuki as well and it's gonna take a small eternity till they finally give the official release of the alicitation arc in english (the alicitation arc would have an anime adaption already by then, I guess)

Well, at least it's just gonna cost 10€ per volume in my country, although I'd need to wait till april for it to get available.
Too bad there are no LN e-books (official ones). You can find a few mangas as E-books, but you won't find a light novel E-book
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

What ? Not at all, Tap just finished to translate the afterword a few days ago !
But it's not on Baka-Tsuki anymore, that's it. :wink: Since it's licensed.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Harbinger
Astral Realm

Post by Harbinger »

Then where can I find it?
I'd love to give it a read ;)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

It's on the translator's taptaptaptaptap blog.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Harbinger
Astral Realm

Post by Harbinger »

Thanks.

Oh, speaking of new Sword art online stuff, they announced the next season of the anime adaption
That's right, at some point in 2014 the "Phantom Bullet" arc gets an anime (and I am hoping that they putin the "mother's rosario" and "getting excaliber" arcs too ;)

Here, the announcement video from youtube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hln0X0OCpz0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hln0X0OCpz0
Skeptic
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Skeptic »

Harbinger wrote:(and I am hoping that they putin the "mother's rosario" and "getting excaliber" arcs too ;)
There's some official art floating around recently with Sinon, Asuna, and Yuuki together. As humans. I figure that counts as a hint that Mother's Rosario is happening.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

The one with the scarf wrapped around them?
That's from Dengeki Bunko Magazine (which is by the LN publisher), so they aren't restricted to the anime or anything.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”