So, Incest ending impossibru?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

andrewgr
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by andrewgr »

NewAgeOfPower wrote: I'm personally a Saegusa Mayumi fan (best troll ever), but an easy victory is hardly a victory.
I just re-read the series, and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the way the Tatsuya/Mayumi relationship has developed. For the first couple of books, it seems as if Mayumi is maybe being set up to be "special", as opposed to just one of the harem; but by later books (and particularly now that she's off at college), I just don't see any evidence that she's anything other than Harem Member C.

My perfect ending would be Miyuki learns to stop being so completely emotionally dependent (on anyone, nevermind her brother), releases Tatsuya's seal, settles down with a nice boy, and Tatsuya winds up with Mayumi. But if I want that, I'm gonna have to write it for myself, because at this point I think there is a 75% chance that the series finishes with no romantic resolution for Tatsuya, and a 25% chance that he winds up with Mayumi, who may or may not be revealed to be his biological sister. As hard as I look, I just can't see anything that gives me any hope for any other outcome.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

I object to Mayumi being called a Harem member.

Although there is no doubt that she is fond of him and she is obviously miffed about not getting the usual male reaction from him, she has not been giving obvious signs of being 'in love' with him. Her apparently normal way to interact with boys near her age is to toy with them a little so, its natural for her to be slightly intrigued when she encounters boys like Juumonji and Tatsuya that resist her but although there is a chance for latter romance, I don't think she is in love with him yet.

I know much can be made of her trying to protect him from her father but, I believe that is because Kouichi has probably casually hurt her and her sisters in the past and has probably damaged friends of hers that she introduced him to so, I believe Mayumi is extremely wary of her father and the effects of any action he takes.

As near as I can tell, Tatsuya's official harem is Miyuki, Honoka, Lina and Pixie right now.

Although there are several girls that are mildly interested in him and might fall for him in the future. However like Mibu Sayaka, they also might decide to pursue romance with someone more emotionally available.

Sashiko
dunpeal
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dunpeal »

Yup i agree mayumi isnt a part of harem. I think since tats is more tham two years younger than her, she is trying to keep her feeling to mere that of older sister like senpai. A couple of incidents that hit the most about their relationship are when she says ' this is how it must feel like to have a younger brother' and the other time when she was teasing him and he replys 'if you are inviting for meal than itadakimasu' and she goes all blushing. But i am betting katsumi to be a complete tsun part of harem package. Also kuraba ayako to jump into harem ship as her role increases, tough not sure about her brother if he on yaoi route ;p .
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

dunpeal wrote:Yup i agree mayumi isnt a part of harem. I think since tats is more tham two years younger than her, she is trying to keep her feeling to mere that of older sister like senpai. A couple of incidents that hit the most about their relationship are when she says ' this is how it must feel like to have a younger brother' and the other time when she was teasing him and he replys 'if you are inviting for meal than itadakimasu' and she goes all blushing. But i am betting katsumi to be a complete tsun part of harem package. Also kuraba ayako to jump into harem ship as her role increases, tough not sure about her brother if he on yaoi route ;p .
The yaoi route is Ken's territory
daud
Astral Realm

Post by daud »

Wasn't there a chapter where Mayumi is in the bath, thinks about Tatsuya and that triggers thinking how she's inferior to Miyuki? I don't think she would feel the need to compare her sexiness to Miyuki if she wasn't romantically interested in Tastuya.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

The bath scene is in volume 5- the last short story.

I remember that scene quite well and felt that Mayumi was thinking about the mystery of both siblings and among other things trying to figure out why she didn't get the usual male reaction from Tatsuya but, I am aware that it can be viewed differently.

Sashiko
pampz21
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pampz21 »

Any lets go on topic, incest is impossible?
I think not, it just depends on the author, but on recent vol. No matter what Miyuki does Tatsuya only see her as a sister, 3ven if its proven that they are not blood related so, my vote is for the impossible!!!

Btw am I the only one that thinks Erika is currently the best girl;This may not be something like oreimo but maybe a kampfer ending?
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by abbad0n »

pampz21 wrote:Btw am I the only one that thinks Erika is currently the best girl;This may not be something like oreimo but maybe a kampfer ending?
No, I think she'll wind up with Juumonji, due to him forcing her to dance with him at the end of the 9 Schools Competition. :twisted:
gradient
Literature Club Member

Post by gradient »

abbad0n wrote:
pampz21 wrote:Btw am I the only one that thinks Erika is currently the best girl;This may not be something like oreimo but maybe a kampfer ending?
No, I think she'll wind up with Juumonji, due to him forcing her to dance with him at the end of the 9 Schools Competition. :twisted:
uh please tell me where you found that.
the closest i found was "Erika's been captured by the Chairman.", but it never said that they were dancing, although it's implied, i suppose.
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by abbad0n »

gradient wrote:uh please tell me where you found that.
the closest i found was "Erika's been captured by the Chairman.", but it never said that they were dancing, although it's implied, i suppose.
That's it. Since the time frame in which the "capture" happened was during the dancing stage of the event, I thought it was pretty obvious. :wink:
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

abbad0n wrote:
That's it. Since the time frame in which the "capture" happened was during the dancing stage of the event, I thought it was pretty obvious. :wink:
Regardless of that I believe Erika's feelings for Tatsuya were made crystal clear in Volume 10.
pampz21
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pampz21 »

abbad0n wrote:

I dont think they had a dance together but, among the brace of the first high (except Mari-who had doubts that Tatsuya was waiting for Erika; that shouldnt have been there and Mari about to tease Tatsuya but press on due to shes wanted to keep it for future reference); most of them didnt know Erika was there. So illegal infiltration and much more wearing a maid uniform, the chairman probably wanted to scold her; bside there are three chairmans here.
gradient
Literature Club Member

Post by gradient »

pampz21 wrote:
abbad0n wrote: That's it. Since the time frame in which the "capture" happened was during the dancing stage of the event, I thought it was pretty obvious. :wink:

I dont think they had a dance together but, among the brace of the first high (except Mari-who had doubts that Tatsuya was waiting for Erika; that shouldnt have been there and Mari about to tease Tatsuya but press on due to shes wanted to keep it for future reference); most of them didnt know Erika was there. So illegal infiltration and much more wearing a maid uniform, the chairman probably wanted to scold her; bside there are three chairmans here.
while technically true that there were 3 chairman there, i think the only one ever actually called chairman is Mari.
Mayumi is usually called President or Student Council President, while Katsuto is called the Club Management Group Leader.
so there I think it's more likely that Mari caught her
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

if i had to pick one of the harem members i'd go with honoka. after than it'd be honoka's spirit clone robot. though i'd really prefer if it was miyuki, but apparently the publisher is annoying and willing to infringe on the wishes of the authors... i really don't get why publishing companies have so much pull... compared to how they were 10-20 years ago their importance is DRASTICALLY reduced due to how easy it is to spread knowledge of your product yourself... thus i dont get how they have the gull to push their stupid opinions onto the people who make them money.

honestly i wish someone would give a wakeup call to a few of these publishing companies since i've seen more than a small number of manga i thought were great get manhandled by pressure from publishers pushing what's popular, and turn into generic boring crap.
bakabaka
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by bakabaka »

I'm actually happy to know that Miyuki has low chances to end up with Tatsuya. Just can't seem to like her <.<
Anyway I'm at volume 4 right now. For those who are up to date. Who has the highest chance right now to end up with Tatsuya assuming he will have a romantic partner at the end? Please spoil :D :D

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”