Absolute Solitude - Kawahara Reki's 3rd Book

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Absolute Solitude - Kawahara Reki's 3rd Book

Post by Xplorer30 »

I read that he is going to rewrite his Absolute Solitude web novel into a book, so wondering if anyone is interested in taking a look at what it is all about?

I would call this a hero and villain story, where you get to see both side's viewpoint.

Currently there are 3 chapters of this book on his web site, which might be taken down when he starts to make them into book form.

If there is enough interest, I might translate a few parts for you to check it out.

PS. I am putting this post here since it's sort of same author, and not really a novel teaser thingy.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Absolute Solitude - Kawahara Reki's 3rd Book

Post by TUSF »

I'd be interested in it.
What exactly is it about? I tried putting the prologue through Google Translate, and it seems to talk about aliens.

Could you maybe give a synopsis about it?
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I read chapter 1 a while ago so only remember some bits. Just in case anyone who doesn't want to know too much detail, will put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler! :
Basically, in 2009, tiny alien metors fell on earth and there are two types of them. They both give people hit by them special powers based on their hosts. One type, the highest number of the two, give it's host violent and chaotic powers. The other type, in a few numbers, give the host special power without the violent or chaotic control.

Our main guy is the absoulte solitude hero, and has the power to reject anything that tries to harm him. The first chapter villain is the Biter, which tries to bite through anything, and loves the crunch of human bones.
Again, you will see the story through both the hero and each villain's eyes/mind. This series is a bit hard for me to translate due to this fact, so I will probably just do a few parts if any.
Linkmet95
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Linkmet95 »

I really would like to see this since in dont know and probably from your plot preview doesn't mention anything about SAO or AW but i saw once that Kawahara Reki said in an interview that if he was to "unite" both worlds maybe its from the point of a 3rd series so anyway i may give it a shot
Sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language and i don't know what to put here xD
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

It has nothing to do with SAO and AW.

Different cast, different world, different story.
Just the same author.
Linkmet95
Mikuru's Master

Post by Linkmet95 »

Tap wrote:It has nothing to do with SAO and AW.

Different cast, different world, different story.
Just the same author.
Sorry, but still I want to see more works from him.
Sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language and i don't know what to put here xD
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Linkmet95 wrote:I really would like to see this since in dont know and probably from your plot preview doesn't mention anything about SAO or AW but i saw once that Kawahara Reki said in an interview that if he was to "unite" both worlds maybe its from the point of a 3rd series so anyway i may give it a shot
Actually I think he said that he would need to wrote new series to connect this worlds.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

FYI: This project is licensed by Yen Press. No one should be uploading teasers for this series on Baka-Tsuki.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

cloudii wrote:FYI: This project is licensed by Yen Press. No one should be uploading teasers for this series on Baka-Tsuki.
Oh, Absoltute Solitude is already licensed by Yen Press as well - that was fast - is it a good read, too?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So, does the story play in 2009 or is that only for the back-story?

So is the genre of the story more like a Horror novel?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”