DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by Insanitizer »

vallor wrote:I changed a bit the toggle and moved it, tell me if you like it now.
Looks ok. Not sure it really matters. Honestly, the TOC thing makes me kinda against the whole folders idea, but probably to late now and I wouldn't ask vallor to change it. Best way to use the TOC is to click on the either the main or side story links in it and then used the collapsed folders as the TOC.

Poked around a bit in the media wiki docks, but didn't find anything useful. I'll try more later.

Looks pretty good.
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Just checking, but was the whole point of making the page collapsible so that it won't be too long?

Edit: And by the way, why's some of the hider-thing's colours uniform. Like the one at the top - no distinction between for the box between Date A Live main story and Date A Live side stories. Can I at least put a bottom border in when that happens, or was it planned to have different colours?

By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...
Yascob99
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Campione!

Post by Yascob99 »

AKAAkira wrote:By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...
we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC we need a time delay without javascript and currently in html the only way to do that is Meta Tags so as they are not installed we cannot use them. so currently to keep the TOC working which people still use and add the new code this is currently the best option.
- Yascob99 =)
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Yascob99 wrote:we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC...
Didn't know that. Er, can I ask why?
Yascob99 wrote:...as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC
Nonono, I don't mean configuring the TOC to open the toggle, I mean make the text in the headings themselves the toggle. That way, the TOC will redirect properly, and they can still be used as toggles. The only problem with that is the random blank space I mentioned showed up earlier.
Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Insanitizer »

Yascob99 wrote:
AKAAkira wrote:By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...
we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC we need a time delay without javascript and currently in html the only way to do that is Meta Tags so as they are not installed we cannot use them. so currently to keep the TOC working which people still use and add the new code this is currently the best option.
Why would you need a time delay without javascript? The toggles don't work without javascript anyway. (I got noscript and everything defaults to open).
Yascob99
Kyonist

Post by Yascob99 »

Insanitizer wrote:Why would you need a time delay without javascript? The toggles don't work without javascript anyway. (I got noscript and everything defaults to open).
hmm I guess but I'm not sure that the page will accept the javascript. The page did not accept meta tags so I'm assuming it would not work with javascript. but yeah the reason we need a time delay regardless of whether we wrap the TOC is because the toggle takes about 0.5-1s to open and the link activates immediately so when I tried it there was no way to get it to work. also since we can't change the TOC template and can't remove it with _NOTOC_ (don't know why ask vallor) so we can't actually wrap it as suggested. so that is why you can check it out in more detail on the http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... or_-_Tests
- Yascob99 =)
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

Wow, you helped me very much with the 'things to do' part, thanks!

I'm trying something...
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Date a Live: General

Post by MyGawd »

Shouldn't the "click here etc. ..." toggle be move down to "The Date A Live series by Tachibana Koushi" section and be merged with DAL MS toggle and DAL SS toggle. because right now it a bit fubenna.

Edit : Wrong topic, I moved your post in the right one.
Last edited by Devenk83 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moving post
Empire's Strongest
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by vallor »

We moved it because of a bug with the ToC. Now, the toggle is right below the warning, for everyone see it.

----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Yascob99
Kyonist

Post by Yascob99 »

Since this post is pretty much dead and everything is basically done I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave their input or helped out. I'd also like to specially thank:
Nurin - for getting this clean up started
Vallor - for all his hard work on the code template
OH&S - for letting us use the code he wrote a base
- Yascob99 =)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

I can't say that a topic is dead with only 2 days... Anyways, thank you... Oh well, more 12 days guys...

The final clean-up will be made on thursday, April 01 of 2014 at 00:01h GMT -2

No, better, March 31 of 2014 at 23:59h

Best Regards
Call me Nurin!

vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by vallor »

I did not do very much, I don't need thanks. ;)

----------
Daylighter
Astral Realm

Post by Daylighter »

Ahhh damn i only noticed this now. I stopped Editing at Volume 5 since there was a large TL gap back then. oh well looks like i'll have to start doing edits again in order to not get deleted
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

Just linking here what the facebook readers think: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Baka.Ts ... ?qa_ref=qd, just for reference.

But I really appreciate all the effort you guys put into this regardless of what others think. <3
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

The main page's open/close boxes are broken. They keep closing when you return to the main page after opening them and clicking a link then back, or refreshing the page; they don't stay open like Toaru's.

It's a complete pain in the arse since I keep losing my place in the page since the page keeps getting shorter.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960

Return to “Date A Live”