DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by Nurin »

denormative wrote:The main page's open/close boxes are broken. They keep closing when you return to the main page after opening them and clicking a link then back, or refreshing the page; they don't stay open like Toaru's.

It's a complete pain in the arse since I keep losing my place in the page since the page keeps getting shorter.
Hmm... I guess there's a problem with the code... VALLOR, you have work... :D
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nurin wrote:
denormative wrote:The main page's open/close boxes are broken. They keep closing when you return to the main page after opening them and clicking a link then back, or refreshing the page; they don't stay open like Toaru's.

It's a complete pain in the arse since I keep losing my place in the page since the page keeps getting shorter.
Hmm... I guess there's a problem with the code... VALLOR, you have work... :D
Actually, it looks like Toaru's default to open, whereas Date a Live's default to closed? That may be the issue. :? Hitting the show/hide button on Toaru to close them then refreshing the page resets them all to open.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, just change the pattern to open, it will be better, people will complain less -_-
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nurin wrote:Well, just change the pattern to open, it will be better, people will complain less -_-
Don't worry, I'm sure I'll find something else to complain about. I seem to be the one that always trips over the edge cases. >.> <.<
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

Basically:
Toaru's template is open by default. It is normal that if you refresh the Toaru's main page, you'll find boxes open.
DAL's one is (well 'was') closed by default. It's (was) normal that if you refresh the DAL's main page, you'll find boxes closed.

The 'hiders' are open by default now.

@Cloud
Ask them what they think of the new appearance is one thing, but ask them what they would do is another.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

vallor wrote: @Cloud
Ask them what they think of the new appearance is one thing, but ask them what they would do is another.
A few things I don't like about this new design:
- Grouping volumes by arc is a bad idea. Instead of seeing volumes as single entities, you are putting them together. If volumes were called, for instance, Kurumi I and Kurumi II, it'd be a lesser issue. And 1-2 volumes per arc isn't a lot.
- Clicking the colored borders isn't intuitive. I personally thought at first it'd lead to full-text version, and not for toggling...And while yes, Index, does it, don't forget we could literally spread Index and NT into two separate project pages, since the first had 22 volumes. We have them mixed together with NT as well as the 9 side-stories and the other stuff. IMO, dividing the main series with the sidestories is well enough for DAL, which just reached the 10-volumes mark.

(BTW, thanks, but since I'm not editing regularly, so you're free to put me inactive, Nurin~)
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Daylighter
Astral Realm

Post by Daylighter »

Kira0802 wrote: - Grouping volumes by arc is a bad idea. Instead of seeing volumes as single entities, you are putting them together. If volumes were called, for instance, Kurumi I and Kurumi II, it'd be a lesser issue. And 1-2 volumes per arc isn't a lot.
I agree, just dividing it between the Main Series and Extras is enough. A simple approach with no fancy colors is easier on the eyes. I suggest go back to old one and make it Look Like Blade Dance's Page BUT group the Extra's and have its group Default to closed while the main is always open.

And I will be just doing random edits when i see something off when rereading them (though I will edit new TLs as soon as I see something off in them). I'm okay being in the Inactive list though.
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

The only thing i would want a collapsible is the "The Date A Live series is also available in the following languages" part. The "Click here to OPEN or CLOSE all sections" collapsible is Okay at the most part, but the location is in the wrong spot... put it just before the "The Date A Live series by Tachibana Koushi" section. The "Date A Live - Main story" and "... side stories" are pretty much close to being useless. The projects that can use these kind of things are "Dai Densetsu", "Horizon" etc.

ps i know what you did has good intention but just because other translation pages has it doesn't mean that this project needs it. And if it does need it then, just take what will click with the project from the other project.
Empire's Strongest
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

This is kind of an old issue, but:

1: I hope no one minds when I remove the announcement thingy at the top. i believe the original intention was for clean-up to finish by March...or I might be remembering wrong, but I don't think there's much cleaning being done now anyway.

2: Why hasn't there been a Supervisor/Manager assigned to DAL yet? I think there were calls for that as early as last December, but by this point efforts seem to have died down.

3: I...actually still don't see the point in putting in the toggle triggers. The page is pretty much the same length as when there wasn't one because it all defaults to open, and the most I ever used it for was to click it a few times to see if it worked. It's a nifty widget. That's pretty much it.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Sorry, about that, but I have been MIA, my aircraft was shoot down by the Work Flak without releasing it's bombs(WWII jokes), anyways,

Yes, you can remove the announcement, and the Manager is Rik. And for the third whatever, I am MIA anyways, you don't need to follow my commands anymore.

:roll: :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Date A Live”