Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoil

Post by Zuruumi »

Of course it is also quite unpropable that he would be her son from later, because (as was mentioned in the reminescence) she was no longer capable of having children.
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Samael609 »

Well we can imagine that when she was abducted they take her ovum which can be the reason why she can no longer have a child, in that case Miya may have been a surogate mother for Maya son.
In fact we don't know the reason why she can no longer have child, considering why she was abducted it's likely that this scenario may be true.

If it's true, it's possible that Maya don't know that he his her son, considering the way he were born Miya may have wait to see how he develop and seing that he was innapt as a magician she don't tell Maya the truth. It also explain why Miya don't consider him as her son.
I know this is just speculation but it's not impossible and it can solve several issue for tatsuya. For exemple the incest will no longer exist, which can explain why the author take this way.
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Since I assume their goal was to mass-produce powerful magicians, the abducters would need her ovaries intact. So that would make the "Tatsuya, son of Maya through surrogacy"-scenario possible.

But if that were true I doubt she wouldn't know about it. She runs a pretty tight ship. I doubt Miya (or anyone else) would dare to do this without her approval.
Or how would they get access to her ova without her consent?
Samael609
Literature Club Member

Post by Samael609 »

It's her father who bring her back so we can assume that he order that to stay a secret, in that case the fact that Maya don't know is logical since it's following the will of the previous clan head.
tharael89
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tharael89 »

considering the Yotsuba "modus operandi" i find it pretty difficult.

if we think that when Tatsuya was born, Maya already was the Clan Head, it would be impossible for anyone to lie to her out of respect and fear (it's better to not enrage her).

furthermore in volume 8
I felt I could glimpse Okaa-sama’s suffering that she could not love her child.
"However you looked at it, those were words of praise.
In spite of everything, a mother will still always be capable of boasting in her child, Sakurai thought."
i don't think Miya would think of him this way if she was ordered to bear Maya son as her first pregnancy.

this one is more like a personal opinion.

with a magician of Miya level it would have been crazy to use her as a surrogate mother with her first pregnancy; it would have been preferable to use one of the many servants as the surrogate mother (for Maya son) and then grow this baby as a Yotsuba.

moreover Tatsuya was labeled as a failure only when he started to use magic consciously. i find it impossible to see if he can wield other magics when he can't even talk.
Baka-Tsuki Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/3p1daeihin347/Baka-Tsuki_Kepub
Krytyk's Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/kp2g3ne77kxnl/Krytyk's_Translation
Skythewood Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/i3vbbr2t3he50/Skythewood

you know what to do with the qqq :)
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

tharael89 wrote:with a magician of Miya level it would have been crazy to use her as a surrogate mother with her first pregnancy; it would have been preferable to use one of the many servants as the surrogate mother (for Maya son) and then grow this baby as a Yotsuba.
I agree, also her body was quiet weak, so that would also make it unlikely that they would have picked her.
Samael609
Literature Club Member

Post by Samael609 »

Miya seem to feel guilty about what she has done to her sister so it isn't impossible that she was wiling to do it and wasn't ordered.

And about what you have quoted these are external opinion so they can be interpreded from another angle depending of the knowledge we have.

Anyway everything isn't always perfectly logical, this theory is just a suposition. Only time ( and the autor ) can answer it.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Samael609 wrote:Miya seem to feel guilty about what she has done to her sister so it isn't impossible that she was wiling to do it and wasn't ordered.

And about what you have quoted these are external opinion so they can be interpreded from another angle depending of the knowledge we have.

Anyway everything isn't always perfectly logical, this theory is just a suposition. Only time ( and the autor ) can answer it.
Of course you are completely correct, but these forums would be quiet boring without us speculating.
Samael609
Literature Club Member

Post by Samael609 »

nr42 wrote:
Samael609 wrote:Miya seem to feel guilty about what she has done to her sister so it isn't impossible that she was wiling to do it and wasn't ordered.

Of course you are completely correct, but these forums would be quiet boring without us speculating.
That's why i'm helping you speculating by defending my theory. ^^
tharael89
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tharael89 »

well considering the almost standard "open-ending" for novels and manga we'll probably never know with whom Tatsuya ends up (if he'll ever marry)

But from his thoughts and reactions to Miyuki's "daydreaming" we can safely say that he'll never see her as nothing more than her precious little sister and "master".
And while he himself says that he can't love, enrage or any other, with the story it seems like, and Miyuki notices this (i don't remember where), he can feel some sort of profound affection for others and if he thought about it he could even rate the heroines. (not that he'll ever do it).
at times it seems like his "i don't feel anything aside this" is more like a mental block put there by Miya than a real "functions loss"

not really related, but my favorite ending would be.

with graduation, Miyuki becomes the new clan head. Minami stays as her guardian.
Tatsuya also gets the Yotsuba surname thanks to the support by Miyuki (head clan), Fumiya and Ayako (head kuroba branch)
to mend the relations with the Saegusa, Mayumi marries Tatsuya. (she's my favorite heroine *_*)
Baka-Tsuki Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/3p1daeihin347/Baka-Tsuki_Kepub
Krytyk's Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/kp2g3ne77kxnl/Krytyk's_Translation
Skythewood Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/i3vbbr2t3he50/Skythewood

you know what to do with the qqq :)
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well there is propably almost zero chance of the last part, but we might expect something like engagement, maybe. Anyway, tatsuya´s real family will be deffinitely revealed as time goes (before he graduates), the only question is, whether it is well before or after the chaos around Saegusas subsides. If it is before than we have some chance :).
Shawne03
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shawne03 »

there are a few things that haven't been brought up about a fight between Tatsuya and Katsuto
1what kinda fight are they in
2 range
3 flash cast
4 material burst
5 environment
6 knowledge
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well Tatsuya would be in an advantage if it were to come to a war of atrotion. He has usperior range (well in a sance it is infinite) so he would just have to get far enough and wait till Katsuto exhausts himself (well if he had the possibility of not rushing), if he had to end it fast... well without material burst or flash cast (who knows whether this would be usefull) it might turn out to be a rather hard fight.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Question: If Tatsuya were to lock on to Katsuto directly through the information dimension, with the intent to make him go "poof". Would Katsuto shielding ability be any use?
I know it says in v4 that decomposition and phalanx are polar opposites and that it would be endless, but I don't understand why. It's not a disorganized mass surrounding him, so it shouldn't affect Tatsuya's ability to set the coordinates to Katsuto directly.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Don´t forget, that when he used trident he first had to decompose the defense field around the generators and only then could he decompose their bodies. It might be, that the magic is creating some interference against it (though I don´t know why too). And if he had to decompose the phalanx it would be rather hard as it is hard to say which is faster (Katsuto releasing the magic or he decomposing it) which is propably the original reason of saying, that it would turn into a war of atrotion.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”