Who is the "real" enemy?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Astral Realm

Who is the "real" enemy?

Post by Guest »

Hey everyone, I love this story. I was wondering if there is anyone else like me, who wonders who is the "real" enemy in the story. Or better yet who will become the biggest hurdle for Tatsuya and company.
Spoiler! :
from volume 12 there is a short chapter about a guy called Zhou Gongjing, but looks like he serves someone he calls "Great One". By all means it looks like these characters are the enemy, that are going to keep causing problems for Tatsuya and company.

The people on my list are Maya Yotsuba, Koichi Saegusa, and Elder Kudou. In my opinion Maya is probably the most dangerous one of them all. Crazy talk here now. What if Maya wants to be rid of Tatsuya, she already considers him a monster and someone who can betray the Yotsuba family at anytime. Plus Tatsuya already has disobeyed a direct order from her before. What if she lets Miyuki get abducted by some organization/country and the same thing happens to Miyuki as what happened to Maya. Tatsuya wouldn't just sit by idly. He would find his sister by nuking (Material Burst) the country she is at. Probably destroying the whole country. Thus making Tatsuya one the most dangerous terrorist in the world and all the countries leaders would want him killed.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Who is the "real" enemy?

Post by Mahesvara »

Spoiler! :
The "real" emeny is Jiedo Heigu/Gù Jié, the leader of Blanche and the previous leader of the No Head Dragon crime syndicate. He also was the one who sent the parisites over. It is also stated that his goal is the elimination of magic from society. Though after his defeat another enemy may pop up, he is the current main antagonist
Robin_Muzaffar
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Robin_Muzaffar »

Guest wrote:Hey everyone, I love this story. I was wondering if there is anyone else like me, who wonders who is the "real" enemy in the story. Or better yet who will become the biggest hurdle for Tatsuya and company.

The people on my list are Maya Yotsuba, Koichi Saegusa, and Elder Kudou. In my opinion Maya is probably the most dangerous one of them all. Crazy talk here now. What if Maya wants to be rid of Tatsuya, she already considers him a monster and someone who can betray the Yotsuba family at anytime. Plus Tatsuya already has disobeyed a direct order from her before. What if she lets Miyuki get abducted by some organization/country and the same thing happens to Miyuki as what happened to Maya. Tatsuya wouldn't just sit by idly. He would find his sister by nuking (Material Burst) the country she is at. Probably destroying the whole country. Thus making Tatsuya one the most dangerous terrorist in the world and all the countries leaders would want him killed.
well that is a really big "What if" but somehow i found this a little bit interesting for the plot twist :twisted: :twisted:
caiooa
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caiooa »

Mahesvara wrote:
Spoiler! :
The "real" emeny is Jiedo Heigu/Gù Jié, the leader of Blanche and the previous leader of the No Head Dragon crime syndicate. He also was the one who sent the parisites over. It is also stated that his goal is the elimination of magic from society. Though after his defeat another enemy may pop up, he is the current main antagonist
not to say that everything point's that he too is one of the "sages" (like maya, have acess to that information gate). My guess is that the conflict bettwen the "sages" may end up becoming the focus of the plot at some point
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Quite likely tha will happen. Though one of the arcs is deffinitely gonna focus on the internal conflict of Yotsuba family and Tatsuya will get free from them there.
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Zuruumi wrote:Quite likely tha will happen. Though one of the arcs is deffinitely gonna focus on the internal conflict of Yotsuba family and Tatsuya will get free from them there.
You think? Maya's plan seems pretty ironclad to me: make Miyuki head of the Yotsuba. Then there's not really anything he can do. Besides that would make him the de facto head. The reason they made him love only Miyuki was to ensure he'd never leave.

Wouldn't really know why he'd want to, if Miyuki's the head.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well even if miyuki became the formal head of Yotsuba, Maya would still try to use her as only figure head and manipulate everything from the shadows. Not to even mention, that Tatsuya many times mentions, that he is trying to gain power in order to stand up against Maya (or rather he is already amasing that power by his connection to military etc.) it is also hinted, that he wants (and Miyuki with him) to do something about her, yet he isn´t powerful enough yet. I don´t believe he says this just because he doesen´t know that Miyuki is to be the next head. (They already mentioned that she is the most propable candidate when he was in the labs)
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Zuruumi wrote:Well even if miyuki became the formal head of Yotsuba, Maya would still try to use her as only figure head and manipulate everything from the shadows. Not to even mention, that Tatsuya many times mentions, that he is trying to gain power in order to stand up against Maya (or rather he is already amasing that power by his connection to military etc.) it is also hinted, that he wants (and Miyuki with him) to do something about her, yet he isn´t powerful enough yet. I don´t believe he says this just because he doesen´t know that Miyuki is to be the next head. (They already mentioned that she is the most propable candidate when he was in the labs)
I completely agree, but I don't see what he can do as long as Miyuki's not the head. He's not considered a Yotsuba so there's no way he can gain influence over the family. So far we've seen 3 "branches"/parts/assets that he could gain control over: the main house (not happening as long as Maya's in power), the Kuroba branch( not happening as long as Mitsugu's in charge) and FLT (not happening as long as daddy dearest is in charge). In time they'll be replaced and he'll get a lot of influence just by Maya and Mitsugu being replaced. Also couldn't he ally with Maya in ousting his dad out of the company? She can't be to happy about him having majority stock and it possibly going to whatsherface (stepmommy dearest).
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

What are you guys talking about lol, he could just go for the bloodbath and have the survivors swear alliance. I believe he's looking to stand up on his own 2 feet rather than take over and so far he's being doing a great job.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

I don´t think he will go and cause a carnage, but he is certainly slowly trying to gain enough power to be capable to threaten them that he will do cause it.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Tatsuya wants to break free of any control they have over him, not take over. I think he understands who his sister is and structures his asset acquisition accordingly ( he is currently very influential, is just that the clan bigots haven't gotten a taste of it yet ) but I think it would be a mistake to assume his desire is the Yotsuba itself.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Yeah, well neither of this siblings seems particularly atached to the Yotsuba (in feelings at least) so it wouldn´t be impossible to see them and Yotsuba pointing blades (or rathers CADs) at each other.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Allow me to revisit my response. I think there will be enemies along the way but I think the end goal of this work is to free all magicians, that's why tatsuya wants to solve the 3 part problems.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

nr42 wrote:
Zuruumi wrote:Well even if miyuki became the formal head of Yotsuba, Maya would still try to use her as only figure head and manipulate everything from the shadows. Not to even mention, that Tatsuya many times mentions, that he is trying to gain power in order to stand up against Maya (or rather he is already amasing that power by his connection to military etc.) it is also hinted, that he wants (and Miyuki with him) to do something about her, yet he isn´t powerful enough yet. I don´t believe he says this just because he doesen´t know that Miyuki is to be the next head. (They already mentioned that she is the most propable candidate when he was in the labs)
I completely agree, but I don't see what he can do as long as Miyuki's not the head. He's not considered a Yotsuba so there's no way he can gain influence over the family. So far we've seen 3 "branches"/parts/assets that he could gain control over: the main house (not happening as long as Maya's in power), the Kuroba branch( not happening as long as Mitsugu's in charge) and FLT (not happening as long as daddy dearest is in charge). In time they'll be replaced and he'll get a lot of influence just by Maya and Mitsugu being replaced. Also couldn't he ally with Maya in ousting his dad out of the company? She can't be to happy about him having majority stock and it possibly going to whatsherface (stepmommy dearest).
Tatsuya has the most influence in FLT than his dad has. The 3rd division has considerable amount of influence in the company because of the silver series. If it wasn't for that, the company would still making spare parts for CADs.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

While that might be true I think his dad still holds higher position than he does.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”