Rune Troopers

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
96%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
4%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 24

Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Rune Troopers

Post by Talinnilat »

I don't have time and likely skill to translate this but thought I'd throw it out there. I'll edit some details in later.

There's 1 volume by Kasuga Hamamatsu so far. The story is about a small modern japanese miliary fleet transported to a fantasy world.

I might make a teaser page for it (with several notes from issues with the part I translated) when I have time to reread the rules on Teasers. There's plenty of spoilers and some pictures on jcafe24's Novel Shoppu for those curious.

Prologue - Yorimashi (Possessed person)
Spoiler! :
In the decaying temple there was the crashing sound of the entrance door being torn open.
In the circular open space at the deepest part of the temple, it was heard.
Wounded, the expression of the exhausted knights and their resignation was evident----there was no way to turn things around any longer. They had just prolonged things for a bit.
The imperial capitol had fallen into enemy hands, and the gathered soldiers had barricade themselves in this temple at the base of the mountain. On the 6th day the front gate gave way.
Soon the enemy would rush into here too.
The Holy Purominia empire had boasted of 500 years of prosperity, now its tragic end was waiting.
The God Emperor no longer sat on his throne and the Elite Sacred Imperial Guard were nearly all in the Mamono's bellies. If they left this cave they could see red lit night over the burning imperial capitol.
"Is it a matter of time before we lose here?......"
"It might not if you put the plan into action."
The open space was faintly lit with a lamp's light magic and an old man and a young woman, who bore expressions of quiet despair and frenzy, were talking.
They were people who had escaped into the temple before the knights. The high-ranking Shinto priest of the Moon God, and head wizard of the magic school, who was a person who could manipulate first-class magic. They were already prepared for death.
However they wouldn't fall easily. They didn't have that type of bravery.
The man in an expressionless voice spoke to the altar in the center of the plaza.
"Is it good? Hyumuna."
The hoarse voice had power in it.
"Yes......"
On the altar the Yorimashi was sitting calmly.
The Yorimashi was a girl just starting puberty.
Her body was wrapped in a white, thin robe of feathers that subtly showed the lines of her body was holding her hands together as she prayed deeply.
She had the white wings that proved her descent from the winged people, and looked so beautiful she could easily be mistaken for an artificial doll.
What they were trying to do here was heresy.
But, for those about to fall, it was hope.
The battlefield, the feast of slaughter, approached step by step.
In black robes, the magicians who hid their faces in the hood, stood at equal intervals surrounding the altar at the center.
All them were reciting the same quiet word.
Echoing in the cave, their chant gathered together and intermingled.
『Drifting light from the Void's Interstice.』
The Yomashi's body was etched with fresh blood.
『Connect this world and the Nether world, sentry don't block us.』
The girl had a tortured expression.
『Have the winged people's blood as compensation I pray.』
Her overflowing blood is inhaled by the magic formation underneath her.
『Show this world compensation from a different sky!』
Simultaneous with the completion of the poem the enemy poured into the plaza.
A one-sided battle broke out in the plaza.
No, it would better be described as a slaughter.
The knights had lost their willpower, and the people wearing robes had no weapons. They fell one after another as the enemy army invaded. It couldn't be called resistance.
However at that time feelings other than despair were on the faces of those who fell and stayed down. None of the enemy soldiers noticed it.
The corpse had a crooked smile hidden deep in his hood as it's vacant eyes stared at the hollow where the altar disappeared from.
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rune Troopers

Post by Talinnilat »

Cover:
Spoiler! :
First page of characters:
Spoiler! :
Second page of characters:
Spoiler! :
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

This ln is great.
i read the 1st volume a month back (love the monocles!!!)
alot like gate ofcourse.
great job picking this up. u have my full support :D
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

Even though it's not by the same author as Gate there was one hint on a summary I read that it might be from the same universe, which would be interesting. It is the same publisher and the novel has ads for Gate at the back which makes me wonder. There's 3 published novels so far out of the 6 or so web novels. I only have the first so haven't found out much beyond that. Sadly my main focus will be getting Ore no Nounai book 1 finished someday, but I'm slowly finding more time for translating lately.

Created the page for it today btw. Still bare bones without illustrations, etc.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Talinnilat wrote:Even though it's not by the same author as Gate there was one hint on a summary I read that it might be from the same universe, which would be interesting. It is the same publisher and the novel has ads for Gate at the back which makes me wonder. There's 3 published novels so far out of the 6 or so web novels. I only have the first so haven't found out much beyond that. Sadly my main focus will be getting Ore no Nounai book 1 finished someday, but I'm slowly finding more time for translating lately.

Created the page for it today btw. Still bare bones without illustrations, etc.
uploading them
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

Ah thanks. I took a sec to upload the cover and the wrap around version but won't have time tonight to do the rest.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Talinnilat wrote:Ah thanks. I took a sec to upload the cover and the wrap around version but won't have time tonight to do the rest.
Kay, and done uploading.
book 2 and 3 scans arent out yet and i'll make the reg page. well, that's all. g'luck finding time
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

Thank you! I updated a couple of small things on the page. If I get any of Ore no Nounai done this weekend I'll do a small chunk of this too.
wen13
Reader

Post by wen13 »

if its by the same author as gates then hell yeah i want to read this. the author is good with writing in a dark humor kind of way which is the way that i like it.
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

It's not by the same author, just the same publisher. There was a hint in a summary that the books might be linked but no real evidence.
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

I might have to put this on hold for a bit. The grammar seems, to me, to be much harder than Ore no Nounai so far. I'm working on my grammar on days I'm not translating but its too much guesswork at spots in this novel. I'll try to finish Chapter 1 anyway but it might take a while.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Thread moved to TF
Beta_K
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Beta_K »

Aaaaaaa, I might try to correct any translations in English, if that is ok. I don't know Japanese , but I can check for any errors or mistakes in English translations. Also, WHEN WILL WE SEE THIS MATERIAL TRANSLATED ALREADY T^T ? Besides hell5atan's vlog's translations (which suck, but are better than nothing) , there is nothing else that I know of.
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Feel free to correct any obvious typos you come across, in any project. If you'd like to contribute regularly, i.e. more detailed edits, please contact any active Rune Troopers staff member.

Speaking of, and to address your question of seeing material: it looks like there are no active staff members working on this project at this time.
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
Beta_K
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Beta_K »

I could try to correct hell5atan's translations, but where do I post them? Who must I pass it on to? Especially since there is no one actively working on translations...

Return to “Teaser Feedback”